LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Star Wars: Episode VIII Teaser And Rogue One

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII Teaser And Rogue One

Post by Johnnyred on Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:13 am

Second Prediction.  Doctor Strange Trailer will be released at the same time.  LOL

Elgo the Conqueror wrote:I have an army.

Johnnyred wrote:We have an Arnold.

[00:25:16] @ Em : Alright. Let's change my profile pic to be manlier~~~
Johnnyred
Fan-of-All-Sorts-of-Stuff-That-You've-Never-Heard-of-Guy

Lego ID : Johnnyred
Humor : Star Trek + Space Battleship Yamato/Dr. Who = 42

View user profile http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Johnnyred

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:47 pm

Third prediction:  On the day of its release, most of us will have brushed our teeth. Cheezy Grin

Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Lego ID : Dalu50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyred on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Pfffft.  Not me.

Waitwhat?

Elgo the Conqueror wrote:I have an army.

Johnnyred wrote:We have an Arnold.

[00:25:16] @ Em : Alright. Let's change my profile pic to be manlier~~~
Johnnyred

Lego ID : Johnnyred
Humor : Star Trek + Space Battleship Yamato/Dr. Who = 42

View user profile http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Johnnyred

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:24 pm

It's here:
Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile http://www.elitelygamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Cuddles on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:25 pm

Hyper Nardeeps laugh ULTIMATE HYPER Nardeeps laugh Hyper

"I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength"

I do not belong in a world of broken pieces
I was meant to be in the arms of Your redemption
I am moving on to the place of Your perfection
Cause I do not belong

This world is not my home
I'm a stranger in this land
But I am not alone
When I do not belong

"True friendship is like sound health, the true value of it is not known until it is lost." - LM, you will be sorely missed.

No matter where you are, or what you are going through, you are never truly alone.
Dr Cuddles
Evil Hamster Dictator Intern

Lego ID : Sheikh Me Handy
Humor : I really like Windmills. I'm a huge fan.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:19 pm

What did I tell you? Razz 

I did say the trailer will be out when the filmmakers are ready to do so.

Cloud
Insane & Alive

Lego ID : Shulk1991
Humor : Bazinga!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:41 pm

KaijuJoe wrote:What did I tell you? Razz 

I did say the trailer will be out when the filmmakers are ready to do so.
This is still the second trailer though. The first was closed to the press and is in the original post. This is just a more fleshed out one considering the first was a few months ago so there probably wasn't enough edited.

Honestly the trailer looks like it could be a better film than TFA. It actually looks different. I went back and watched the TFA trailers and they were just like all the other SW trailers, this one seems different.
Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Cuddles on Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:32 am

It has the potential to go in a different direction to all the other films as its not tied to the Skywalker storyline, so it could be incredible!

Cause I do not belong

But I am not alone
When I do not belong

"True friendship is like sound health, the true value of it is not known until it is lost." - LM, you will be sorely missed.

No matter where you are, or what you are going through, you are never truly alone.
Dr Cuddles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:20 am

Well, it's SUPPOSED to be different, that's the big selling point for this film, imo. It's supposed to be "gritty" and "real," take some of the cartoonish surreal-ness out of the SW universe for a bit. I thought it was an amazing trailer, and I think I've achieved a perfect attitude towards the SW movies at this point, where I don't really care what they do with it or the universe, I'm willing to accept just about anything and run with it, because it's awesome. Razz
RandomEncounter
This Rank Is Better Than Yours

Lego ID : You can probably guess.
Humor : "Please enjoy the annual Aegis Tower Fireworks, Explosives, and Concussive Blasts display. Remember, do not, at any point, no matter how aggressive the display, declare any point in the display, "The Finale," as Aegis Tower will likely take this as a challenge." --SAYER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:34 am

Professor Genki wrote:Well, it's SUPPOSED to be different, that's the big selling point for this film, imo. It's supposed to be "gritty" and "real," take some of the cartoonish surreal-ness out of the SW universe for a bit. I thought it was an amazing trailer, and I think I've achieved a perfect attitude towards the SW movies at this point, where I don't really care what they do with it or the universe, I'm willing to accept just about anything and run with it, because it's awesome. Razz
That's how people should feel about every show or film franchise honestly. I get sick of people overly bought into something that just whine about small little details or events they don't like. Let the writers write, think you can do better go and do it yourself.
Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaMailman on Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:05 am

Supe: That's how I've felt about every franchise I can think of since Land Before Time. Razz It's too much trouble to worry about stuff people do with their own stories.
NinjaMailman
Elzeep Psychologist

Humor : *Awkward silence*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:06 pm

Well it's mainly because I don't have the time or effort to care anymore. Back when I was in high school and had time to be super into the SW universe and such, I always cared what people did with cinematic universes like SW and LotR, but now it's just too exhausting to try and nitpick everything. So I've started enjoying movies a lot more, which is weird. Razz

I will never, ever change my opinion on the Hobbit atrocities, though. xD
RandomEncounter

Humor : "Please enjoy the annual Aegis Tower Fireworks, Explosives, and Concussive Blasts display. Remember, do not, at any point, no matter how aggressive the display, declare any point in the display, "The Finale," as Aegis Tower will likely take this as a challenge." --SAYER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Em on Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:37 pm

Roddy15 wrote:That's how people should feel about every show or film franchise honestly. I get sick of people overly bought into something that just whine about small little details or events they don't like. Let the writers write, think you can do better go and do it yourself.
Eh, I think that's a dangerous way of thinking. By just saying 'whatever, that's what they wrote' you allow the writers to put less and less effort into their work. Critique is vital for improvement. That's why critics and reviewers exist. I don't want to get too ranty about BvS in this thread, but that movie is a perfect example of what happens when the writers simply don't care about fans or source materiel or quality.

As for Rogue One, I'm excited. I'm excited to see a Star Wars movie from the ground perspective, from a view where the characters aren't protected by the Force or plot armour. I'm excited to see a threatening Imperial presence, and I'm excited to see Gareth Edwards use Darth Vader the same way he did Godzilla. This particular teaser felt a bit off for me for some reason, but the movie itself still has a load of a promise.

Resident CanuckMadman

Location : I still remember all the glittering lights on Corsucant. Very pretty. Can we go back there, master?
Lego ID : HK-47
Humor : Commentary: I mean... nice human, goo-oood human...

View user profile http://Eurobricks, LEGO, Brickset... so on, so forth...

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:56 pm

Well, this is from a very different perspective here. It will be quite interesting at the least.  So far, I want to watch it this December, if only because I crave SW like bacon right now. Razz 
Does anyone know the film rating?

Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Em on Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:22 pm

The film doesn't release until December. It's nowhere close to finished so the rating is far from final - but it's likely going to be PG-13, given recent trends and the audience. Besides, a movie like this shouldn't be PG and I doubt Disney will let it push into R territory.

Resident CanuckMadman

Location : I still remember all the glittering lights on Corsucant. Very pretty. Can we go back there, master?

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:36 pm

Not Em wrote:
Roddy15 wrote:That's how people should feel about every show or film franchise honestly. I get sick of people overly bought into something that just whine about small little details or events they don't like. Let the writers write, think you can do better go and do it yourself.
Eh, I think that's a dangerous way of thinking. By just saying 'whatever, that's what they wrote' you allow the writers to put less and less effort into their work. Critique is vital for improvement. That's why critics and reviewers exist. I don't want to get too ranty about BvS in this thread, but that movie is a perfect example of what happens when the writers simply don't care about fans or source materiel or quality.

As for Rogue One, I'm excited. I'm excited to see a Star Wars movie from the ground perspective, from a view where the characters aren't protected by the Force or plot armour. I'm excited to see a threatening Imperial presence, and I'm excited to see Gareth Edwards use Darth Vader the same way he did Godzilla. This particular teaser felt a bit off for me for some reason, but the movie itself still has a load of a promise.
My point is about people who get really nit picky over things like "oh well that stuff was canon so this needs to follow it", no it doesn't. Those sorts of people don't need to exist. If the writing is terrible then it's terrible but it's the sort of people who whine about a character doing something when clearly the writer wanted it to happen so just let it happen. I'd didn't say that critics shouldn't exist just people that read too into something and complain when the writer doesn't do it how they wanted it.

Not Em wrote:The film doesn't release until December. It's nowhere close to finished so the rating is far from final - but it's likely going to be PG-13, given recent trends and the audience. Besides, a movie like this shouldn't be PG and I doubt Disney will let it push into R territory.
PG-13/12A seems reasonable for any SW film. I wouldn't mind seeing a 15 rated one though for a change. Rarely over here though do films actually get 15, usual 12A or 18. 12A has a lot of tolerance for what movies meet that standard these days though since mild swearing or sexual content often gets a 12A here. Razz
Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Cuddles on Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:40 am

Star Wars won't contain any of that though, it's PG-13/12A rating will most likely come from fight scenes/shooting people.

Cause I do not belong

But I am not alone
When I do not belong

Dr Cuddles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:18 pm

In that case, Rhino, I can't wait to see it. Cheezy Grin

Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:10 pm

Dr Cuddles wrote:Star Wars won't contain any of that though, it's PG-13/12A rating will most likely come from fight scenes/shooting people.
Well if Rogue One is this darker story and if rumours of what the writers wanted is true they'll be pushing the boundary of 12A based on potential gore and fighting. Although we've already had hands and heads getting chopped on screen it's been very rare.
Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:22 pm

I am PSYCHED.

If Disney keeps it PG-13, and doesn't include a bunch of sexual content, I will once again tip my hat off to them for their excellent handling of the franchise.

Goodbye, George. Hello, Walt. Very Happy

As to the conversation about the ratings...

I only wish to say this: I am fine with violence and battle scenes. Never really had much of a problem with those. But I have small tolerance for sexual content (that includes, by the by, provocative dress...or lack of dress...whatever you may wish to call it). Swearing I generally tolerate, with the exception of usage of the f-word and taking Christ's name in vain. (The latter I won't have to worry about, since the SW universe is entirely removed from Earth-based religious references Razz )

But I'm trusting that, because it's Disney we're talking about, the film will be relatively within reason.
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

Lego ID : scarecrow535
Humor : Lemme ask you just one question: I THINK YOU'RE LYING!!! --A Bad Lawyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:57 pm

Leg, I'm with Roddy here-- I don't mean I don't critique movies, I certainly have opinions on how a movie is done and whether it captures the spirit of a franchise; what I meant is that I try not to hold writers too strictly to outside canon, like books or comics. Obviously I expect a movie to be well-written, and consistent with other MOVIES, but I don't care as much about consistency with material that the movie is based on, or an interpretation of.

Disney did Deadpool, and that was an INTENSELY R-rated movie, so I wouldn't say it's a guarantee that this movie will stop at PG-13. However, I think it's a safe bet, if only because Disney might not be comfortable jumping straight from PG-only episodic Star Wars into R-rated standalones; they'll want to play it somewhat safe for at least the first standalone. Also, I wouldn't worry at all about sexual content, because SW has never been about that; even the straight-up love story with Anakin and Padme in the prequels didn't really have anything in it, because it just doesn't have a place in this universe. Even trying to be gritty and real, the worst we'll get is a bar or club scene like in Episode II or Jabba's Palace, with heavy drinking and perhaps a dancer or two.
RandomEncounter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Em on Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:01 pm

First of all, Disney did not do Deadpool. They had no involvement. That was a Fox film.

But while we're talking about comics, sure let's talk about adaptions. Sure you don't want to tie the hands of scriptwriters - hence the entire decision to axe the aging expanded universe. Unless writers start to directly take inspiration from EU arcs, I don't see this ever being a problem. Even if they do, it'll probably be in the same filtered way as Marvel Studios has done it.

Arcs like 'Winter Soldier' and 'Civil War' exist in the comics, but the MCU has taken their own inspiration for them. I remember a lot of talk from the past year or so of 'oh, I wish they adapt this scene from the comics' but at the end of the day most people have realized that movies and comics are sadly very different, and you just can't have a million character moments in a 2.5 hour movie.

That's fine.

What's not fine is utterly betraying characters. Showing a disdain for the core of what makes characters who they are. Again, this isn't an issue I expect to come up in Star Wars, but I feel like it's one you folks aren't seeing. In pre-release hype for Civil War, directors Anthony and Joe Russo said "everyone here is someone's favourite superhero." I'm not saying everyone should be a carbon copy of who they are in the comics. I'm saying that at the very least, they should retain the core of who they are. Be that the central moral conflict or background or whatever, when you compare the adapted character with the original, you should be able to see some resemblance in who they are.

Frankly, to draw comparison, that's something that just hasn't been done so far in Snyder's DC Movies. Superman isn't a paragon of justice and truth, he's a depressed angel of death that looks upset to be saving people. Batman kills people. Ma Kent essentially says "why should you care about us? Do whatever you want?" These all stand in flagrant disregard for the heart of these characters.

Maybe I've missed your point entirely, and if so than I apologize for the above rant. I simply think if a director is going to adapt something, we can't just say 'oh they can do what they want.' There ought to be at least some respect for the original work, or else why adapt anything at all? It'd be far better to create something new than to ruin something old.

Resident CanuckMadman

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:36 am

I understand your rant, and I agree with you, but I don't think your rant is against us, because that's pretty much what I was saying, I think. Razz
RandomEncounter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top