LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Star Wars: Episode VIII Teaser And Rogue One

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Wars: Episode VIII Teaser And Rogue One

Post by Roddy15 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:06 pm

That is all. Razz Let the hype commence for 22 months! They got Skellig Michael on a very good day too, not often you get sun in Ireland. Razz

Also might as well tie this in here, Rogue One for those who didn't know already got a teaser a while back:
https://vimeo.com/151952481

Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile http://www.elitelygamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII Teaser And Rogue One

Post by Ariklego on Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:47 pm

Hype is now very much commenced. Razz

*Secretly hopes Rogue One is about Wedge Antilles...*

Ariklego
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

Lego ID : ariklego
Humor : The majority of fruit species have comparable aerodynamic properties to the genus Musa when hurled or otherwise propelled through a standard earth-like atmosphere. Buzz buzz.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:41 pm

Rogue One is about the opening crawl of Ep IV. "Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire. During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans..." Basically the entire movie leads up to that point. I'm guessing they'll go all the way up to Leia escaping. Razz

RandomEncounter
This Rank Is Better Than Yours

Lego ID : You can probably guess.
Humor : "Please enjoy the annual Aegis Tower Fireworks, Explosives, and Concussive Blasts display. Remember, do not, at any point, no matter how aggressive the display, declare any point in the display, "The Finale," as Aegis Tower will likely take this as a challenge." --SAYER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Cuddles on Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:56 am

LET THE HYPE BEGIN.

Hyper

"I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength"

I do not belong in a world of broken pieces
I was meant to be in the arms of Your redemption
I am moving on to the place of Your perfection
Cause I do not belong

This world is not my home
I'm a stranger in this land
But I am not alone
When I do not belong

"True friendship is like sound health, the true value of it is not known until it is lost." - LM, you will be sorely missed.

No matter where you are, or what you are going through, you are never truly alone.

Dr Cuddles
Evil Hamster Dictator Intern

Lego ID : Sheikh Me Handy
Humor : I really like Windmills. I'm a huge fan.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:19 pm

Professor Genki wrote:Rogue One is about the opening crawl of Ep IV. "Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire. During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans..." Basically the entire movie leads up to that point. I'm guessing they'll go all the way up to Leia escaping. Razz
Also it will be a dark film compared to the main films so far according to the writer. So people shouldn't be 100% sure on a 12A rating (or PG13 or whatever the equivalent in the US)

Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:58 pm

THAT WAS NO TEASER! THAT WAS EVIL!

I had to watch something I'd already seen, because I thought it was new. Razz LOL

Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Lego ID : Dalu50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Dalu wrote:THAT WAS NO TEASER! THAT WAS EVIL!

I had to watch something I'd already seen, because I thought it was new. Razz LOL
Just 22 months of these little bits of footage. It is the first thing filmed for VIII apparently though but that would break the tradition of each episode starting in space.

Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Em on Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:21 pm

Films are very rarely filmed sequentially. This is the first scene shot - probably because they have limited time on the island. There's no guarantee it'll open the movie.

Not Em
Resident CanuckMadman
Resident CanuckMadman

Location : I still remember all the glittering lights on Corsucant. Very pretty. Can we go back there, master?
Lego ID : HK-47
Humor : Commentary: I mean... nice human, goo-oood human...

View user profile http://Eurobricks, LEGO, Brickset... so on, so forth...

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:58 am

Yeah, they've emphasize a lot that this will be a "real" and "gray" movie, as opposed to the Episodes' "black-and-white." I wouldn't expect an R rating, but I assume they plan to push the PG-13 limits more, and to make it a lot "grittier."

Also, I wouldn't assume that they'll open Rogue One in space, or even with a crawl. Rogue One has the opportunity to define every following SW standalone-- they decide whether future standalones have to open with crawls like the Episodes do, whether they open in space the same, or if they have an entirely new format. We know it's going to be different because it's not about Jedi and Sith, or even the Skywalker family, so we'll have to see how different it really is.

RandomEncounter

Humor : "Please enjoy the annual Aegis Tower Fireworks, Explosives, and Concussive Blasts display. Remember, do not, at any point, no matter how aggressive the display, declare any point in the display, "The Finale," as Aegis Tower will likely take this as a challenge." --SAYER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:03 am

Professor Genki wrote:Yeah, they've emphasize a lot that this will be a "real" and "gray" movie, as opposed to the Episodes' "black-and-white." I wouldn't expect an R rating, but I assume they plan to push the PG-13 limits more, and to make it a lot "grittier."

Also, I wouldn't assume that they'll open Rogue One in space, or even with a crawl. Rogue One has the opportunity to define every following SW standalone-- they decide whether future standalones have to open with crawls like the Episodes do, whether they open in space the same, or if they have an entirely new format. We know it's going to be different because it's not about Jedi and Sith, or even the Skywalker family, so we'll have to see how different it really is.
Given how Han Solo Story is a possible given film I can imagine the spin offs are going to focus more on events and characters in a greater detail and ignore the overall plot of the main episodes. I just hope an Obi Wan film is a thing though, or even a trilogy of Obi Wan, I mean Ewan McGregor has been biting at the bit to get a role in SW again. His enthusiasm for the franchise is something that should at least warrant a film between III and IV where we have the adventures of Obi Wan and he's the right age now to be playing Obi Wan during that time.

To be honest I can see them passing PG-13 if the description of Vader is anything to go by.

As for starting in space we are talking about VIII but I would assume VIII won't start in space given we left Luke and Rey in Ireland, it wouldn't make sense to appeal to tradition now even in the main films.

Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:14 am

Oops, I mixed up the discussions of Rogue and VIII. Razz 

I think they'll start in space again-- quick theory, I could see them starting in space with a backstory flashback to what happened to Luke, maybe even the full story of the Jedi Academy, before we get back to the "present" scene of him and Rey.

RandomEncounter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:38 am

Professor Genki wrote:Oops, I mixed up the discussions of Rogue and VIII. Razz 

I think they'll start in space again-- quick theory, I could see them starting in space with a backstory flashback to what happened to Luke, maybe even the full story of the Jedi Academy, before we get back to the "present" scene of him and Rey.
While that idea is cool too I'm not a big fan of flashbacks as plot devices. Razz

Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariklego on Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:41 am

My question is (with the idea of starting with Rey/Luke), are you sure they'd still be on Ireland? Considering that...
-The New Republic just got wiped out (meaning the First Order is probably on the move and trying to reconquer the galaxy),
-The Resistance is probably not able to fight off the First Order effectively, even after Starkiller Base was destroyed, and
-The Resistance's purpose in looking for Luke was to get his help (I think? I assume it wasn't to train Rey, since the Resistance didn't even know she existed yet)

...I would think that, at least if they decide to put a time gap between the 7 and 8 (like they did with the other movies) instead of starting exactly where they left off, it'll probably mean Luke and Rey left Ireland and are elsewhere in the galaxy saving the day or something.

Ariklego
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

Humor : The majority of fruit species have comparable aerodynamic properties to the genus Musa when hurled or otherwise propelled through a standard earth-like atmosphere. Buzz buzz.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:06 pm

Ariklego wrote:My question is (with the idea of starting with Rey/Luke), are you sure they'd still be on Ireland? Considering that...
-The New Republic just got wiped out (meaning the First Order is probably on the move and trying to reconquer the galaxy),
-The Resistance is probably not able to fight off the First Order effectively, even after Starkiller Base was destroyed, and
-The Resistance's purpose in looking for Luke was to get his help (I think? I assume it wasn't to train Rey, since the Resistance didn't even know she existed yet)

...I would think that, at least if they decide to put a time gap between the 7 and 8 (like they did with the other movies) instead of starting exactly where they left off, it'll probably mean Luke and Rey left Ireland and are elsewhere in the galaxy saving the day or something.

All the other movies didn't end on huge issues that would need sorting immediately or they were small things that would be wrapped in the gaps between the films. Given the amount of impending doom, you'd think that VIII will start off exactly where we ended in VII and just get back into things. Plus if we were not going to go back to Skellig Micheal within the first quarter of the film, why is the scene between Luke and Rey even being filmed?

Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariklego on Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:48 pm

Good points, and I agree, except that the only reason (that I know of) to stay is for Luke to train Rey Dagobah-style. Which is a valid possibility, but it's kinda anti-climatic to start with "Hi Rey, let's start your training!", and given what the state of affairs is in the galaxy, it seems like "training on the job" would be more ideal (imagine if A New Hope started with Luke meeting Obi-Wan, who spent several days/months/years training Luke on Tatooine before they rush off to save the Rebellion).

Personally I think it's just a question of what role Luke is going to take.
If he becomes a mentor figure to train Rey like Obi-Wan and Yoda were, it's much more likely he'll just stick around and train Rey.
Whereas if he becomes more of his own character (ready to go into action and save the day), he'll probably ride off with Rey and Finn to help rescue the Rebellion. (Which personally I hope happens. It'd be cool to see Luke become a heroic partial protagonist, especially with Han gone)

Ariklego
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:10 pm

I think we could easily see them on the island and not bother training Rey (or if he does he won't do a whole lot considering the doom around them). They could be on the island for a brief amount of time but Luke could explain to us who Rey is in terms of the skywalker family and if she's his daughter why did he leaver her? We could also get something like supe mentioned where Luke might explain what happened to his Jedi Order.

Let's also not forget that Luke went into hiding for a reason, he's not going to just go "oh well time for me to save everyone again". He will need convincing to come and face someone he tried training.

Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:34 pm

My main problem with all this is that we NEED to know what happened with Luke's Academy. A bunch of other people know, but I'm 90% sure we need to SEE it (because of Rey's vision with the lightsaber). If there's a time gap between the movies, and it doesn't pick up right where it left off, or very close to it, then Rey will already have been told what happened by Luke. Since the movie is primarily from her point of view, there won't be any reason for us to be given the flashback. The only exception I can see to this right now is if she knows, there's a time gap, and then she meets Finn again and tells him via flashback.

Also, just a note on how anticlimactic some parts of VII were, when Arik said "the New Republic was wiped out," I had to stop and think to remember how exactly it got wiped out, because it was so underplayed.

RandomEncounter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:51 pm

What is Rogue One? Is that the subtitle for Episode VIII (like "The Phantom Menace" was the subtitle for Episode I)?

Psyched about Episode VIII. Can't wait to see the continuation of Disney's awesome takeover of the Star Wars franchise!

My only concern is that they'll include more immodesty than the last film. The last film was very good with that but I've a feeling it will not be so in later films.

(And yeah, I'm old-fashioned in that respect, and proud of it.)

Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

Lego ID : scarecrow535
Humor : Lemme ask you just one question: I THINK YOU'RE LYING!!! --A Bad Lawyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariklego on Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:26 pm

Professor Genki wrote:Also, just a note on how anticlimactic some parts of VII were, when Arik said "the New Republic was wiped out," I had to stop and think to remember how exactly it got wiped out, because it was so underplayed.

Everything wrong with SW VII summed up in three lines. Razz

Ariklego
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:00 am

Scare, Rogue One is the first entry in the "Star Wars Anthology" series, the standalone films that will release on episodic off-years. So VII: The Force Awakens opened on Dec 15 of last year, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is Dec 16 this year, and VIII is Dec 17 of 2017. It's going to be like that for the next decade or so, with episodes on odd years and standalone/Anthologies on even years.

I don't see why immodesty would be a problem, Star Wars has never done much of that, except about five minutes in VI. Rogue One will definitely have more content, and since it's supposed to be "more real," I assume they'll have at least one bar/club type scene with some dancers, but I'm not worried about the episodes at all.

RandomEncounter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:18 pm

WHOA, A STAR WARS FILM EVERY YEAR????

*dies of happiness*

Wasn't Rogue I mentioned somewhere before...it seems so familiar...like it's the name of a ship or something...

Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Lego ID : Dalu50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:22 pm

@Supe:

Well, I'm not worried about really bad stuff. Even in their films directed at older audiences, I think Disney tries to be more conservative with dress (with the possible exception of their recent rendition of Cinderella...never watched it of course but the Wal-Mart advertisement photos were enough of a preview). Razz

And you're right, the older franchise was pretty good about modesty. There were some occasional issues in the Clone Wars era, but aside from that it was mostly the scenes with Leia in the Dune Sea on Jabba's ship that were bad.

Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

Lego ID : scarecrow535
Humor : Lemme ask you just one question: I THINK YOU'RE LYING!!! --A Bad Lawyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KaijuJoe on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:32 pm

The Star Wars Rogue One movie is being directed by Gareth Edwards (The director of the 2014 Godzilla movie) just so you are all aware! Razz Anyways I doubt that vimeo video is an official trailer. Usually movie trailers are fake fan-made videos on that site just like YouTube. People should stop begging for a trailer to come out and just be patient. Filmmakers bring out a movie trailer when they are ready to do so. Wink

KaijuJoe
Insane & Alive

Location : In my bedroom playing the Nintendo Entertainment System
Lego ID : Predator6189, KaijuJoe, Shulk1991
Humor : Bazinga!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:36 pm

Captain Nintendo wrote:The Star Wars Rogue One movie is being directed by Gareth Edwards (The director of the 2014 Godzilla movie) just so you are all aware! Razz Anyways I doubt that vimeo video is an official trailer. Usually movie trailers are fake fan-made videos on that site just like YouTube. People should stop begging for a trailer to come out and just be patient. Filmmakers bring out a movie trailer when they are ready to do so. Wink
It was a trailer but it was shown at a private media event hence the phone quality. It's not really a trailer as such, just marketing material to hype the press. I'd expect more from the first official trailer whenever that comes out. I'd imagine they might hold off until May 4th if possible and they'd have an almost complete film to showcase.

Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Em on Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:23 pm

Prediction: Rogue One trailer will be released in front of Captain America: Civil War. Timing is perfect, and you can bet Disney is going to double down on a huge movie like that.

Not Em
Resident CanuckMadman
Resident CanuckMadman

Location : I still remember all the glittering lights on Corsucant. Very pretty. Can we go back there, master?
Lego ID : HK-47
Humor : Commentary: I mean... nice human, goo-oood human...

View user profile http://Eurobricks, LEGO, Brickset... so on, so forth...

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top