LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

MINIONS Reviews

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MINIONS Reviews

Post by Lone-Star on Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:32 pm

KING BOB!!!!! Wink

Here's my review for the latest Despicable Me-inspired film:

Spoiler:

Pros:
Humorous in multiple ways. The Minions have a way of being hilariously cute and stupid at the same time. Love some of the satire of England, like the police chase in which the "bobbies" were sipping tea while chasing the runaway Queen's Coach. Razz  No doubt the British will be offended, but a little across-the-pond culture jabbing is fun. Very Happy  LOL. I like the neutral/slightly sarcastic approach the films makers took on the hippie culture...most films glorify it, but Minions mostly made fun of it. Wink

Cons:
It was a stupid film to some extent. That's one of the reasons it was so funny. Razz  Of course, there were a variety of naughty points...nothing unavoidable, but still unnecessary.

All in all, I give the movie a healthy 4 stars. Smile
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

Lego ID : scarecrow535
Humor : Lemme ask you just one question: I THINK YOU'RE LYING!!! --A Bad Lawyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MINIONS Reviews

Post by Dalu on Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:40 pm

I think that KING BOB scene was my favourite part of the film.  Oh, yeah, and the scene with the "sweet" family who picked them up on the road. Razz

Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Lego ID : Dalu50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:44 pm

What do you mean the British will be offended? Razz We invented our own humour you know spelt with a u. Most British love taking the mick of someone or another country so we don't mind when movies do it to us.
Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile http://www.elitelygamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:36 pm

I saw this one shortly after it came out with a friend... it was a bit childish for me, I guess. Maybe not even childish, I just felt kind of underwhelmed by it. That's probably just because I'm sick and tired of minion memes online, though. Razz
RandomEncounter
This Rank Is Better Than Yours

Lego ID : You can probably guess.
Humor : "Please enjoy the annual Aegis Tower Fireworks, Explosives, and Concussive Blasts display. Remember, do not, at any point, no matter how aggressive the display, declare any point in the display, "The Finale," as Aegis Tower will likely take this as a challenge." --SAYER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:12 pm

Andy,
  It WAS childish.  Plugged-in pointed that out, along with it's lack of DEPTH. That, on top of the minion memes, is probably what made you dislike it. Razz
That's why I liked the Despicable Me films better, because they had a least a little depth to them.  The Minions film kinda felt like a film producer wanted to squeeze as many laughs as possible from a bunch of middle-school kids. Razz

Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Lego ID : Dalu50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliwhi on Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:53 pm

'like the police chase in which the "bobbies" were sipping tea while chasing the runaway Queen's Coach'

LOL

I haven't seen it yet; I intend to soon! Very Happy
Elliwhi
Tea Hoarder

Lego ID : Elliwhi1008751
Humor : Don't mind my oxymorons.

View user profile http://universalmln.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top