LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Fire's Sketchy-ness

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fire's Sketchy-ness

Post by Tater on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:21 pm

Very nice! Love all the little details like the carton and apple core. Awesome Fire!
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Lego ID : arwin,arwin1,arwin2
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:08 am

Thank you! ^_^
Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KaijuToonamiGuy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:12 pm

Forgive me for asking but who is that girl supposed to be in that current painting you just posted? Anyways it looks nice. I am not very good at criticism on other people's artwork but most people IMO are way much better at art than I alone.

EDIT:

Oh, BTW, I did post another digital art work in progress. I never had any criticism on it yet. Can you take a look at it and see what I could do to improve? Thank you!
KaijuToonamiGuy
Insane & Alive

Lego ID : Shulk1991
Humor : Bazinga!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:08 pm

Tae wrote:my concentration is about me. Razz It kinda displays a different side of myself. Right now I'm torn between deciding where I want to go with my life career wise. I'm stuck between Music and Illustration. My concentration depicts what would be my dream if I do decide to go into music/ music production. I really do want to visit/live in Korea some day and have a job there. That's a big stretch, I know, but I can dream.

There ya go, Joe XD 

This isn't meant to be sassy, I just didn't want to write it again keke Razz
Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cracken on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:14 pm

Hey hey if you need any tips/guidance with music production, I might be able to help you out. Razz

[23:24:10] @ Em : I'd be the man, but I look stellar in an apron.

Queen of Bunnies wrote:Crackers is the center of a twinkie reality. Razz
The Cracken
Teletubby Admin
Teletubby Admin

Lego ID : crackers5
Humor : Anything is possible when you smell like Emjajoas and not a lady. I'm on Elzeep.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KaijuToonamiGuy on Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:03 am

@Ms. Phoenix/Fire Bird: Oh! I gotcha!
KaijuToonamiGuy
Insane & Alive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm

Joe: ^_^

Crax: Thanks! I haven't had to chance to use equipment and ish sadly. My parents are kinda pushing me to focus on art instead. When I mention it they say, "Well try it out when you get to college" which is a bit bothersome considering I want to have experience beforehand XD Hence my iffy-ness on the whole situation Razz Can you suggest some programs that you like? 

Also, Breadth #3 Smile
Spoiler:

Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:07 pm

OHHHHH very cool! Love the fish and undersea plants. Well done dude! EM, MANLY MAN OF MAN
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cracken on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:28 pm

I'm of the opinion that you are your own person and what you feel lead to pursue should take precedence over what other people think you should pursue, even if said people are well-meaning. Razz Not to say you shouldn't take said peoples' opinions in mind... But either way, I hope that works out. xD

What kind of music do you want to make? Razz I use MuseScore for notation, which is a nice way to get ideas out without worrying about the actual production of it. For all actual music production I use Logic Pro X (Mac only), alongside some extra higher-quality sound libraries since not all the onboard ones are very good. Razz

If you have a PC I'd recommend REAPER, FL Studio, or Pro Tools. All of them are good and suited for different purposes, but you can probably manage to do any style in each. FL Studio is common among electronic producers like Owl City. Pro Tools is considered the industry standard for mixing and mastering, more common among people who work with live instrumentation. REAPER is actually open-source, and it's free unless you decide to use it for commercial purposes (the payment thing works on an honor system — they just trust that if you wanna start selling the music you make with it that you'll buy the full license first). Razz

FL Studio in particular has a very large selection of sounds and loops and stuff to work with right off the bat, which is important since 3rd-party libraries can be expensive... Razz

While we're on the subject, if you need any help with music theory... That's a field where I excel. xD

The Cracken
Teletubby Admin
Teletubby Admin

Humor : Anything is possible when you smell like Emjajoas and not a lady. I'm on Elzeep.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariklego on Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:00 pm

I'm not an expert at music or music software in the slightest, but I have basic experience with Linux MultiMedia Studio (LMMS) and Audacity, and personally I think they're both fairly good, though I've never used anything else so I can't say that with much confidence. Razz

Still, they're both free, so even if they're total junk you don't have to pay for the junk. Razz

LMMS is for making music from scratch, and it has several instrument plugins for it. Though you won't really be able to make anything that's not electronic-y, since quality synthetic instruments just don't exist for free. Razz
Link: https://lmms.io/
Audacity is for recording audio and making edits to it and stuff. There's not a ton it can do, but it seems to do just fine at what it does do.
Link: http://audacityteam.org/

Sooo, yeah. Razz Though if Crax says they're not worth using or anything, listen to him. He's smarter about music than I am. Razz
Ariklego
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

Lego ID : ariklego
Humor : The majority of fruit species have comparable aerodynamic properties to the genus Musa when hurled or otherwise propelled through a standard earth-like atmosphere. Buzz buzz.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cracken on Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:04 am

^ Those are OK if you want a no-cost way to try your feet in the water and get used to things like that. You'd want to upgrade to something more powerful once you're ready. Razz

If you happen to have a Mac, Garageband is free and it's actually pretty good for what it's worth, and has quite a nice selection of sounds to work with. Logic Pro X is an easy switch to make because of how similar it is to GB.

The Cracken
Teletubby Admin
Teletubby Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:21 pm

Thank you guys! ^_^ Yeah, I've worked with a lot of instrumental stuff in the past (I've written things for my high school's marching band that I'm in Razz ) For that I used musescore and Sibelius.

However, I think I want to do more electronic sounding things. I'm guessing FL Studio would be the best bet? My taste kinda go over a very broad range so it's hard XD

I'll link some tracks that are kinda like what I would want make. Maybe that'd help XD

Spoiler:

And the last one that I really like I can't find the inst. for so I'll just post the song XD If pretty different compared to the others so I wanted to share it Razz 

Thanks again for the help Smile
Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:04 pm

First of all that mug is adorbs!

Second I love the Concentration picture!  Love all the details, and her/your position on the sofa! It all seems so realistic! Very Happy

Third, you did a wonderful job on the colours in the Breadth #3!  But I need you to explain the elements so I can understsand it better! XD

Thanks so much for posting, Fuego! I love to look at your art!
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Location : In a classroom with other brain-fried med students...
Lego ID : Dalu50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cracken on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:46 pm

Yeah, FL Studio is made for music like that, so it would be a great DAW for you. xD That said, you can make any kind of music in any DAW, so if FLS isn't doing it for you there are always other options. Razz

The Cracken
Teletubby Admin
Teletubby Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:09 pm

Galley: Thank you so much! ^u^ As for concentration #3, the assignment was to do a creature with plants of its environment surrounding it. We had to put a box in the middle and everything inside the box would have color while everything outside was in black and white (besides the creature which is fully colored Razz ) Everyone else picked light happy creatures like butterflies and clown fish etc. so I wanted to be really different and went with the angler fish XD So everything around the fish is deep sea plant life and such. Hope that explains it? Razz

Crax: Thank you so much for your help! ^_^ Sorry I'm kinda a newbie at this lol but I'll definitely check out FL Studio ^_^
Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:50 pm

Da da da da! ~ Concentration #3 

Spoiler:

Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KaijuToonamiGuy on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:18 am

Did you look for a photo reference of a radio station or did you visit one? Anyways this is nice, once again! Smile
KaijuToonamiGuy
Insane & Alive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:08 pm

I used photo references AND visited a radio station! XD Thanks! ^_^
Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:14 am

Wow! Very cool! Love the detail and the duplicate girl in the monitor Very Happy Nicely done Fire!
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:57 pm

Thank you Zyph! Very Happy
Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:28 pm

Wow, love the details, the chairs, and the perspective!  And the color is amazing! Very Happy
I know hands are SUPER HARD to draw, but I'd work on making the fingers a bit more realistic. Wink

Great job, girl!
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Location : In a classroom with other brain-fried med students...
Lego ID : Dalu50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:59 pm

Thanks! ^_^
Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:30 pm

Kk time to update a bit ^_^

Tadaaaa ~ Concentration #4

Spoiler:

I'll hopefully post Breadth #4 tomorrow if I can get the picture. Sorry I haven't been posting in a while eeeeeee. Anyways I hope you like it ^_^

P.S. Ignore the reaaaalllly ugly face on that one person (ME!) I regret penning that in with a firey passion. XD
Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:37 pm

That pot looks like it's about to fall off, and that hand on the blond girl is way too small.......
Had to find something wrong with it....... Razz

It actually looks pretty good, although I think you did a better job on getting the right angles/sizes/ratios n stuff on the background than you did the foreground.
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Lego ID : Alien_Ant2
Humor : A storm trooper and a redshirt got into a fight. The stormtrooper missed, but the redshirt died anyways.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:42 pm

mhhhhhmmmmmmmmm I know about the hand and the background being better. XD you have no idea how many issues I had making this piece XD I drove my art teacher crazy lol
Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top