LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Fire's Sketchy-ness

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fire's Sketchy-ness

Post by Fire on Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:01 pm

Thought I'd make another one of these to show some off my art work ^o^ I stopped drawing for a while but I'll try to get back with it x3

Here's the first one I'll post. I did this last week and it turned out okay. I messed up a bit but shhh lol. His name it Suga! Well, his real name is Min Yoongi, but he goes by Suga. He's in one of my favorite music groups ever. Of all time. X3
Spoiler:

I'm going to be doing a series with the rest of the members from this group, I think. There's seven of them total so we'll see. Anyways, I hope you like it! ^_^

Last edited by Fire on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fire's Sketchy-ness

Post by Dalu on Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:33 pm

Fuego, his uniform is AMAZING.  That's some seriously good detail!  The shading and everything, and the realism is just epic!

I would work more on the detail for his face.  Like darken his pupils more; that makes his eyes have more life.  Wink

I'm still blown over by the uniform...Gosh... LOL
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Location : In a classroom with other brain-fried med students...
Lego ID : Dalu50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:03 pm

Oh thank you Galley! ^_^

And yeah, I shade very lightly on the face haha, I need to work on that. Some of the shading didnt even show up on the pic cause it was super light lol XD But I'll definitely darken the eyes up, thanks! ^_^
Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:11 am

This is really good! The neck is a tad long, but as Dalu said, the uniform is amazing. Also as she said, the eyes are a bit dead, but obviously dark eyes are hard in black-and-white, so it's understandable.

....okay, I can't resist. *definitely improved. Razz
RandomEncounter
This Rank Is Better Than Yours

Lego ID : You can probably guess.
Humor : "Please enjoy the annual Aegis Tower Fireworks, Explosives, and Concussive Blasts display. Remember, do not, at any point, no matter how aggressive the display, declare any point in the display, "The Finale," as Aegis Tower will likely take this as a challenge." --SAYER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Lol yeah, when I said "I messed up a bit shhh" that was because of the neck XD I sadly only realized after having finished half the uniform so I was like WELP xD
Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:00 pm

DANG!!! That is amazing! Ditto to what Kayla said about the uniform and eyes Wink I actually think the neck is fine but then again thats just me xD 

Other then the eyes, Id say the only other thing I notest was the nose was a bit crooked 

But yes, awesome on the hair/inifrom and the SHADING oh my chicken Keep it up! EM, MANLY MAN OF MAN
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Lego ID : arwin,arwin1,arwin2
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:00 pm

Here's the beginning of my art concentration pieces for my AP art class. The theme is of a girl who travels to Korean to begin pursuing her dream career in music. There's going to be 12 Concentrations so I hope you enjoy them ^_^ I'll also begin posting my Breadth pieces once I get those under way Smile  ( i have one done but i dont like it so i dont think im going to post it Razz ) So without further ado he's the first piece:

Art Concentration #1

Spoiler:

Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:26 pm

Wow... That is just amazing Tears of Joy ! Love all the depth and color, the signs are just awesome and just. Yes. EM, MANLY MAN OF MAN Very amazing Fire! I look forward to seeing the others!!! Very Happy
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:34 pm

WOWZ!

Like Kayla, I love the depth and the colors everywhere!  Great job taking that time on those Koreans characters, too!  And all the lines are so neat and clear--nothing oblong or sketchy about that. Very Happy

Great job!  I can't wait to see the others!
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyred on Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:38 pm

Great interior cityscape!  Cities have always been my downfall, and not only have you successfully captured that, but you have captured the feel of a foreign country.  Excellent work!

Elgo the Conqueror wrote:I have an army.

Johnnyred wrote:We have an Arnold.

[00:25:16] @ Em : Alright. Let's change my profile pic to be manlier~~~
Johnnyred
Fan-of-All-Sorts-of-Stuff-That-You've-Never-Heard-of-Guy
Fan-of-All-Sorts-of-Stuff-That-You've-Never-Heard-of-Guy

Lego ID : Johnnyred
Humor : Star Trek + Space Battleship Yamato/Dr. Who = 42

View user profile http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Johnnyred

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:38 pm

Thanks everyone! ^_^ 

Here's breadth piece #2 Smile

Spoiler:

Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KaijuToonamiGuy on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:45 am

These are awesome, Ms. Phoenix! Smile
KaijuToonamiGuy
Insane & Alive

Lego ID : Shulk1991
Humor : Bazinga!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:39 pm

Thank you, Joe! Very Happy
Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:02 pm

I don't want to alarm you, but your pears are either dark green or bright orange, and neither of those options are healthy. Razz 

No for real, that's pretty awesome! I can't quite tell the pattern for switching colors, it looks like alternating "blotches" between each horizontal line, but I might be wrong. Razz Very cool though, post more!
RandomEncounter
This Rank Is Better Than Yours

Lego ID : You can probably guess.
Humor : "Please enjoy the annual Aegis Tower Fireworks, Explosives, and Concussive Blasts display. Remember, do not, at any point, no matter how aggressive the display, declare any point in the display, "The Finale," as Aegis Tower will likely take this as a challenge." --SAYER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariklego on Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:59 pm

Man, I'm kinda jealous, Fire. These are good. Razz What did you color them in with, just curious?
Ariklego
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

Lego ID : ariklego
Humor : The majority of fruit species have comparable aerodynamic properties to the genus Musa when hurled or otherwise propelled through a standard earth-like atmosphere. Buzz buzz.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TaeIsTheMostAttractive on Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:55 pm

You're amazing at art :O
TaeIsTheMostAttractive
Tea Hoarder

Lego ID : Elliwhi1008751
Humor : Don't mind my oxymorons.

View user profile http://universalmln.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:57 pm

Thank you everyone ^_^

@Ariklego: For the cityscape one I used watercolor and pen (watercolors used were Reeves and the watercolor pencils used were Staedtler. the pens used were Micron) For the market/fruit one I used Prismacolor pencils (my true love when it comes to color pencils XD ) and varnish. ^_^ Hope that helps answer your question  
@Prof Genki: You are correct! There is no distinct pattern going across. Razz They're just random organic lines I made in different areas around the paper so that when it hits those line it switches to the complementary color. XD and indeed, those pears do seem to not be in the best condition Razz 
@Elli: Thank you so much! ^_^
Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:12 pm

Wow that is so amazing Fire! Love it!!!
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:25 pm

GAAH!!!! AMAZING JOB, FUEGO--AGAIN!!! Very Happy Very Happy The corn's my favourite--I love the tassels, so realistic!
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:31 pm

Hey guys! So I didn't manage to get a picture of my second concentration before the weekend came so I have to wait till Monday to get a picture. Sorry 'bout that Razz I'm currently almost finished with Breadth #3 and have my sketch laid out and nearly complete for Concentration #3

In the meantime I'll just share a silly thing. For my birthday my friend took me to this pottery painting place. I thought i'd share some pics of the final product. Nothing too special, it was just for fun Smile 

Spoiler:

Front

Back

Inside

Side

Also if any of you were wondering about the grading:
Concentration 1 (cityscape): 98%
Concentration 2 (ill be posting soon): 100%
Breath 2 (fruit market): 92%

So so far I'm doing pretty well considering. I've kept up on my projects and haven't gotten behind..yet. Razz  I am behind one concentration because my original first that i handed in I ended up scrapping and replaced it with the city one I showed you. But I should be able to make it up soon enough. ^_^
Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:51 pm

Awww cute mug!!!!
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cracken on Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:06 pm

Whoa, awesome to hear about the grades!!

That mug.... <3

[23:24:10] @ Em : I'd be the man, but I look stellar in an apron.

Queen of Bunnies wrote:Crackers is the center of a twinkie reality. Razz
The Cracken
Teletubby Admin
Teletubby Admin

Lego ID : crackers5
Humor : Anything is possible when you smell like Emjajoas and not a lady. I'm on Elzeep.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KaijuToonamiGuy on Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:40 am

That mug is soooooo adorable!!! xD Very Happy
KaijuToonamiGuy
Insane & Alive

Lego ID : Shulk1991
Humor : Bazinga!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:38 pm

Aww thanks everyone ^_^ <3
Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:43 pm

Spoiler:

Concentration #2 ^_^ Sorry about the bad lighting Razz
I'd write more about the piece but I have to leave so I'll talk about it more later. Anyways, enjoy Smile

EDIT: 
Spoiler:

So I'd like to talk about this piece a little bit and explain some of the hidden details. I'll just go though a list since that's easier ^_^ Let me state beforehand that some things might not be easily seen due to the quality of the photo but oh well XD

The shelves: first the flower on the wall is called mugunghwa which is Korea's national flower. Smile I also included the Polaroid camera (the mini blue thing that can't easily be seen in this picture cause lighting Razz ) because in Korea Polaroids are super popular! They have Polaroid cameras all over and people still commonly take pictures with them. imo we need that here too XD

The food: So I incorporated some Korean foods (like the pocky box, the green tea can, and the chip bags-squid chips, which are amazing btw)  with some American foods like the peanut butter jar and the blueberry bag. I did this because I thought that as the girl was arriving to her new home country she'd still be lonely. The picture in all kinda depicts that, but she might feel a little homesick. I thought that the girl would probably of brought some food from America that she loves but can't get in Korean and if she was upset she'd start binge eating it all. Razz 

Pillows: I do indeed own that cat pillow. That is all. 

Pictures on the wall: I decided that as a music producer she'd get a chance to meet with some of the artists she'd like. The two white pictures with black ink are meant to be autographs, and actually are autographs from singers I really like XD The picture about that shows her coworkers. the smallest one bellow the two white ones is of her meeting a singer and taking a photo with her.

Paper: Fun fact: those are actual words. They are the lyrics to the song that inspired this piece, along with my whole entire series. The song is called Eat by Zion.T. I highly recommend it ^_^

By now, if you haven't figured it out, my concentration is about me. Razz It kinda displays a different side of myself. Right now I'm torn between deciding where I want to go with my life career wise. I'm stuck between Music and Illustration. My concentration depicts what would be my dream if I do decide to go into music/ music production. I really do want to visit/live in Korea some day and have a job there. That's a big stretch, I know, but I can dream. Anyways, that's why there's so many personal elements. For example, yes I would eat peanut butter straight out of the jar with an apple, binge eat when sad, keep my cat pillow, wear two different socks, etc. Even though judges wouldn't know it's still enjoyable for me to add these elements. 

Anyways, sorry for rambling. That is all for now Razz ~Night

Last edited by Tae on Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top