LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Star Wars Episode VII Official Trailer

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Wars Episode VII Official Trailer

Post by Admiral Kojan on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:28 am

I'm just going to leave this here.

Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : AndrewJC248 | Kojan Riktan
Humor : The Deviants may have their PsiTech, true, but we have Novalith cannons.

View user profile http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Episode VII Official Trailer

Post by RandomEncounter on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:44 am

*sigh*

Well, it's not like I EXPECTED it to pretend to follow EU, but still... :/ 

Trailer is pretty cool, I guess. Except we have X-WINGS and REGULAR TIE FIGHTERS flying around. And the Falcon doesn't look overhauled. MEH. xD

RandomEncounter
This Rank Is Better Than Yours

Lego ID : You can probably guess.
Humor : "Please enjoy the annual Aegis Tower Fireworks, Explosives, and Concussive Blasts display. Remember, do not, at any point, no matter how aggressive the display, declare any point in the display, "The Finale," as Aegis Tower will likely take this as a challenge." --SAYER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cracken on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:46 am

Looks good but...

I'm really confused. Razz

Also that lightsaber is not useful at all. xD

[23:24:10] @ Em : I'd be the man, but I look stellar in an apron.

Queen of Bunnies wrote:Crackers is the center of a twinkie reality. Razz

The Cracken
Teletubby Admin
Teletubby Admin

Lego ID : crackers5
Humor : Anything is possible when you smell like Emjajoas and not a lady. I'm on Elzeep.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zint Fazer on Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:32 am

After reviewing it a bunch of times thoroughly with Bone.....
I'm excited. I can't say anything for him, but we both agreed that the Stormtrooper/X-Wing/Millennium Falcon sequences were amazing. Razz 
(And the Sith introduction was pretty sweet)

@Crax: The hilt could've saved Dooku's hands if he had it. Epic wink Razz 
So, it does have a use: it keeps the enemy from sliding his lightsaber down yours.

The problem (which Bone mentioned) was that it gives your enemy something more to use against you. If they can manage to push your lightsaber up against you (Like Anakin v Obi-Wan/Windu v Sidious/etc), you'd have to be careful to not let the hilt cut you. 

All in all though, I'm happily waiting for the movie.
(Also, that scene with the little droid on the soccer ball totally threw off the entire tone of the trailer there for a second, but that's forgivable. Razz )

Zint Fazer
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Lego ID : rezaFtinZ (But backwards)
Humor : I make funny jokes.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Kojan on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:32 am

It looks like a light-claymore, rather than a saber. The other blades coming out of the sides are meant to prevent an enemy lightsaber from locking, sliding down, and cutting off the hand of the user, which is a rather common occurrence in the Star Wars universe. Razz

Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Humor : The Deviants may have their PsiTech, true, but we have Novalith cannons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Em on Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:54 pm

I, for one, welcome our new lightsaber hilt. This is coming from an avid Star Wars fan who read deep into the EU. This is hardly the most ridiculous thing out there. And I love it.

Also, this trailer gave me all the feels. So I approve. I approve of the TIEs and the X-Wings, I see no reason for them to be vastly updated. 

I'm going to cry in happiness in a corner now.

Not Em
Resident CanuckMadman
Resident CanuckMadman

Location : I still remember all the glittering lights on Corsucant. Very pretty. Can we go back there, master?
Lego ID : HK-47
Humor : Commentary: I mean... nice human, goo-oood human...

View user profile http://Eurobricks, LEGO, Brickset... so on, so forth...

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:35 pm

Just saw the trailer today. I must say I'm still skeptical, for instance, why are their stomries? How far after epi 6 does this take place? my brother says he things it might be about 30 years. But if that is so, wouldn't the stormies have been gotten rid of? With the New Republic and all?

I'm skeptical, but exited about it, and the light saber is just yes EM, MANLY MAN OF MAN  Zack mentioned a good point about it being used agenst you, but, I agree that it is good to have it there to keep your hands intact. Razz

Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Lego ID : arwin,arwin1,arwin2
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Kojan on Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Abrams has said that Episode VII will be taking place 20-30 years after the events of Episode VI. The Empire is still around, even if they have lost their iconic Emperor and their command hub (the Death Star II). However, even in the books, it took the Alliance almost four decades to finally get the Empire to sign a peace treaty. Even weakened, they're still a galaxy-wide force.

Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by Bone-Appeteet on Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:52 pm

First watch: Didn't think it looked as cool as I thought it was going to.

Several watches later: I'm mildly excited for it.

The best clip was the Millennium Falcon. That sky, the graphics and effects, the buildup to, and the music were phenomenal.

The first clip... I see an actor in a Stormtrooper suit. That's what's there, why is that bad? I should see the character- not an actor. Maybe it's just me, but I immediately thought actor. Razz

I thought that that was a soccer ball. Razz  But I looked more closely, and it looks like something metal.

Third clip, awesome scene with flashes of the new Stormtrooper armor. Can't wait to see what that scene is about.

Fourth scene: I see an actress. She looks like she's modeling a speeder bike in a commercial or something. She has perfect make-up: eyelashes, eyebrows, lips, etc. Her face has no sand, wear, markings, or anything on it. I'm not saying she should look like she's a beat up chimney sweep, but she should at least look like she's real and in the environment and not impervious to the effects and conditions of the environment.

Come on, Disney/Lucas Film! Let me do your makeup! Razz  (That'd be the most interesting movie ever. Razz)

Fifth scene: A REBEL PILOT. Oh wait, not an actor? What happened? I thought we were watching a movie? This isn't supposed to be real. Razz  Awesome scene. And that clip of the X-wings cruising over the water with the planet's star gleaming over the misty mountains... beautiful.

Sixth scene: cool location. That narrating voice hauntingly accompanying the mysterious, dark visuals gives me chills... and then comes the over-dramatic stomp + saber/claymore/whatever ignition.

I don't know how I feel about the thing. But I do know that if I (or Anakin) wanted to cut off your hand, I could. All I would have to do is slide my lightsaber down yours (like so):

Spoiler:

And it'd cut through the little cross guard and through your hand.

THEN THERE'S THE MILLENNIUM FALCON- LET'S WATCH THAT. EM, MANLY MAN OF MAN

Bone-Appeteet
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : not Bone-Appeteet for sure O_O
Humor : I say a lot of funny things, but I can never remember what they are...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zint Fazer on Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Alright, well practical or not, the Lightsaber looks like it's something out of the Old Republic or early days of the Sith, and it looks amazing. And it makes me happy. Razz

Zint Fazer
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Lego ID : rezaFtinZ (But backwards)
Humor : I make funny jokes.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:06 pm

Admiral Kojan wrote:Abrams has said that Episode VII will be taking place 20-30 years after the events of Episode VI. The Empire is still around, even if they have lost their iconic Emperor and their command hub (the Death Star II). However, even in the books, it took the Alliance almost four decades to finally get the Empire to sign a peace treaty. Even weakened, they're still a galaxy-wide force.

Wow, it took that long to sign a treaty? I wasn't aware it took that long.

Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Lego ID : arwin,arwin1,arwin2
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KaijuJoe on Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:29 pm

What do you guys make of this, eh? Razz Very Happy 

Pretty neat I must say?

KaijuJoe
Insane & Alive

Location : In my bedroom playing the Nintendo Entertainment System
Lego ID : Predator6189, KaijuJoe, Shulk1991
Humor : Bazinga!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Cuddles on Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:38 pm

It's gonna be so good, got my hopes up now! Do not disappoint JJ Abrams!

"I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength"

I do not belong in a world of broken pieces
I was meant to be in the arms of Your redemption
I am moving on to the place of Your perfection
Cause I do not belong

This world is not my home
I'm a stranger in this land
But I am not alone
When I do not belong

"True friendship is like sound health, the true value of it is not known until it is lost." - LM, you will be sorely missed.

No matter where you are, or what you are going through, you are never truly alone.

Dr Cuddles
Evil Hamster Dictator Intern

Lego ID : Sheikh Me Handy
Humor : I really like Windmills. I'm a huge fan.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyred on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:11 pm

Worth watching the trailer just for those last few seconds.

Elgo the Conqueror wrote:I have an army.

Johnnyred wrote:We have an Arnold.

[00:25:16] @ Em : Alright. Let's change my profile pic to be manlier~~~

Johnnyred
Fan-of-All-Sorts-of-Stuff-That-You've-Never-Heard-of-Guy

Lego ID : Johnnyred
Humor : Star Trek + Space Battleship Yamato/Dr. Who = 42

View user profile http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Johnnyred

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Em on Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:56 pm

'We're home.'

TEARS OF JOY

Not Em
Resident CanuckMadman
Resident CanuckMadman

Location : I still remember all the glittering lights on Corsucant. Very pretty. Can we go back there, master?

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:22 pm

I almost cried in those last few seconds. Not even sure how I feel about the rest, not even sure I care, HAN SOLO IS BACK, BABY.

I'm kind of worried about the emphasis they're placing on the black stormtrooper-- they might be trying to foreshadow a new major character, but I'm afraid it's them trying to beat us over the head with the fact that they have black people in this movie, as opposed to the vast majority of characters in the previous movie. I don't have a problem with it, but it could speak of an unfortunate focus on being politically correct instead of being a good star wars movie.

Also, the weird new stormtrooper helmets and emphasis on the Empire are yet another indication that they're ignoring the EU completely. Judging by Han's age, this takes place probably twenty years after the movies, and according to the EU the empire IS still around, but it would be shortly before or during the Vong war, long after Palpatine's several rebirths.

RandomEncounter

Humor : "Please enjoy the annual Aegis Tower Fireworks, Explosives, and Concussive Blasts display. Remember, do not, at any point, no matter how aggressive the display, declare any point in the display, "The Finale," as Aegis Tower will likely take this as a challenge." --SAYER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Em on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:43 pm

John Boyega is the lead of this movie, it makes perfect sense that they'd focus on him. 

Why would they not ignore the EU? They've already announced a long time ago that it's being rebooted. Sure it would make sense to draw on it a little, but there's no reason to be shocked that they aren't looking at it. If anything it's refreshing - I've long read the EU, but I'm excited for the new ideas and the breath of fresh air they'll give the franchise.

I mean, come on. Dogfight through a crashed Star Destroyer.

Not Em
Resident CanuckMadman
Resident CanuckMadman

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyred on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:34 pm

Pretty much what Leg said.  But with emphasis on the fact that all the visuals look amazing, and props for the lack of CGI backgrounds.  Yes, there are some... for the obvious settings that need it.  (IE a ginormous crashed Star Destroyer).

I'd also like to point out that JJ Abrams has actually said that he was trying to avoid an overabundance of CGI backdrops.

Elgo the Conqueror wrote:I have an army.

Johnnyred wrote:We have an Arnold.

[00:25:16] @ Em : Alright. Let's change my profile pic to be manlier~~~

Johnnyred

Lego ID : Johnnyred
Humor : Star Trek + Space Battleship Yamato/Dr. Who = 42

View user profile http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Johnnyred

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Em on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:32 am

Yeah, this trailer really showed off an amazing blend between the sweeping model and special effects work of the original trilogy and the stunning vfx of the prequels. It's very, very cool.

Not Em
Resident CanuckMadman
Resident CanuckMadman

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgSylgBFi-I

I think this is appropriate enough for the movie. Razz

Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Lego ID : Alien_Ant2
Humor : A storm trooper and a redshirt got into a fight. The stormtrooper missed, but the redshirt died anyways.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:37 pm

Scare and I watched those two trailers tonight.  I think that light saber with the guard is cool.  If you look closely, you notice that it's not the same "material" on the...crossguard thing...as the actual saber, so I doubt he's in danger of cutting himself. Razz
 Anyway, did I see a clone for a main character?  That should be interesting.

The graphics were STUNNING. Drooling

Oh, I DO hope it's good.

And like Bone I noticed the unrealisticness of the girl jedi's make-up and perfect hair while zooming through a dusty landscape on a high-powered speeder. Razz

Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Lego ID : Dalu50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Professor Genki wrote:I'm kind of worried about the emphasis they're placing on the black stormtrooper...I'm afraid it's them trying to beat us over the head with the fact that they have black people in this movie, as opposed to the vast majority of characters in the previous movie. I don't have a problem with it, but it could speak of an unfortunate focus on being politically correct instead of being a good star wars movie.

^^

I offer my resounding agreement. Don't get me wrong: I'm not against black people. I love some of the black actors out there. And I loved Samuel Jackson's part of Mace Windu. But with all the minority-racial-centered political "correctness" philosophies out there, I can't help but get the feeling of "This is a sci-fi movie that has a controversial political ideological message behind it that I'm already hearing from about 40 million other places."

(As a side note, I got some of the same feelings when I saw black people and Chinese people in the Laketown scenes in Jackson's The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and in his The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. I mean, I know there were other races of people in Tolkien's world [cf. the Haradrim], but Tolkien pretty much envisioned British-looking folks as the model for his characters.)

However, even with the above misgiving, I am psyched about this movie. But also, like Craxy, I'm a bit confused. So the Empire is still around...somewhat confusing there, but Supe's observation on how long it would take to utterly destroy such a big entity does sound plausible. And also, who is this oh-so-beautiful-oh-so-perfect-looking girl with the speederbike? She obviously has a crush on J.J. Abrams (nothing wrong with that as he's a famous actor and all). And what relation does she have to Luke, Leia, or Han? Is she Luke's daughter? A distant relative? A model for a speederbike company? Razz

Also, I get the feeling that Abrams is starring a stormtrooper who turns to the good side. The expressions on his face (even in the short clips) gave me the impression that he is displeased with the Empire and desires to fight for goodness. Good plot there, IMO, if that's what they're planning.

I wonder who the new Dark Side icon is going to be? Is it Luke gone evil? Is it some insidious renegade who dabbled in ancient records about the Sith? Or is it a secret apprentice of Palpatine who lay hidden for years to hone up his powers?

From these first two clips, I can't discern much that is helpful, but I'm excited nonetheless. DISNEY/LUCASFILM, DON'T MESS THIS UP!

Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

Lego ID : scarecrow535
Humor : Lemme ask you just one question: I THINK YOU'RE LYING!!! --A Bad Lawyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:47 am

Guys for the last time, stormtroopers are NOT clones. Razz The clone troopers were designed to age faster, so by the time Ep IV rolled around, most were either dead or old men. Stormtroopers consisted almost entirely of trained citizens of the Empire, with a tiny bolster of clones periodically.

RandomEncounter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariklego on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:09 am

Guess I'll offer my own thoughts real fast. Razz

-Sith Lightsaber: On the note of his controversial lightsaber design, I have mixed feelings. Yes, a crossguard is about as "duh" as they go as far as what ought to be on a lightsaber, and there's been more than a few remarks through SW's history that lightsaber duels should really just consist of who can slide their blade down the other's fastest and chop off the emitter. Razz So if it IS a functioning crossguard... this Sithy is the smartest Force-user to ever step foot in SW. Razz
    As to the little stick-out-y things that could potentially be chopped off, yeah, that's definitely a design flaw. EXCEPT that they might not actually be emitters so much as a shroud of some sort. Meaning the crossguard beams are being projected from deeper inside the hilt, and cutting through those little parts just means you'd hit the blade itself. ...Which doesn't explain why they're there in the first place. Razz
    Probably the most logical theory I've heard running around (though I suspect this is too boring for Disney to have considered) is that the "crossguard" is actually just some kind of "exhaust" vents, and that the lightsaber is something of a rough, poorly-made design, hence why it'd need such a thing. Which actually sounds kinda cool, in my opinion. Razz

Sith guy himself: As to his role, one theory I rather like is that he's some less-known "Jedi hunter" that's been hanging around and might even be one of many that the Empire has/had, perhaps participating in Order 66 or the like and now returning to finish off these newly-appearing Jedi. ...Which, considering SW: Rebels brought in the Imperial Inquisitors, isn't necessarily far-fetched if you ask me. The only negative is that it probably means that any such "Jedi hunter" probably wouldn't be a genuine match for Luke or even some of the other Jedi we'll probably see.

-The Empire's New Clothes (and other stuff): As far as the Empire's new Stormie armor, TIE fighters, etc... It's cool-looking, and definitely more modern, though personally I don't think it fits. The Empire wasn't usually about that sort of pristine, futuristic aesthetic so much as sheer utilitarian-ness. Their Star Destroyers were giant blocks of metal that were every bit practical, their TIEs were stripped-down fighters designed to be competent at their job and nothing else, Stormtrooper armor was a projectile-proof suit of Hazmat gear that made them ever-so-effective at crushing the poorly-organized rebellions that were the sole threat to the Empire.

Even still, it does look cool. And I LOVE the new Star Destroyer design, with the split-nose look and all that. And the creepy-looking all-black Stormtrooper. ...Aaaaand did those TIEs at the end have red striping?? (Pleeeease have some 501st Legion/181st Squadron references... )

My last complaint in this part is that I notice they've gone for what appears to be some kind of detachable stock design on the E-11-esque blasters. Which isn't terrible, but WHY would you go stock-less in the first place?? The Empire doesn't need any further decreases in its marksmanship! Razz Sad

New main characters: My hope is that this new Stormtrooper-gone-rogue (or whatever he is) won't be that way. One thing the EU did nicely was make the Empire less of a "constant evil where all the troops blindly follow their tyrannical leadership". Just because their Emperor is a villian and certain key commanders are evil doesn't mean that every single average joe that signs up for the Stormtrooper Corps is going to be totally-brainwashed to follow or evil himself. And even more so the commanders wouldn't be either, so the mass majority of the troops would have no good reason to think their own side as the badguys and try to desert. I really think SW could come up with some pretty enjoyable plots if they considered this a bit more.
The Jedi girl? If she's a Jedi (which seems to be the logical conclusion), then probably Han's/Leia's daughter. I doubt they'd marry Luke off between the movies, and Luke's little narrative about him, his family, and her (presumably) all having it makes me assume that she has to be a relative. Unless Shmi had a close relative, making her Luke's father's cousin's nephew's daughter's goldfish's owner thrice removed. Razz

Anyway, I'm cynical and pessimistic about anything and everything Disney does, with this being no exception, and I doubt even more with SW: Rebels to go off of, too. Buuut I'll resolve to enjoy whatever good plotline and stunning graphics they come up with, even if it throws the EU out the window, burns it, nukes it, and dumps the ashes in a black hole. Sad Razz

Ariklego
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

Lego ID : ariklego
Humor : The majority of fruit species have comparable aerodynamic properties to the genus Musa when hurled or otherwise propelled through a standard earth-like atmosphere. Buzz buzz.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:51 am

I'm kind of over the fact that they aren't following EU. The EU is cool, but I'm slowly beginning to realize the gravity of NEW STAR WARS MOVIE. That's such a big deal, I'm just now grasping it. The release of each SW film was like an international holiday back when its popularity was at its height, it was THE pop culture. I'm looking forward to seeing if they reach that kind of acclaim again.

I'm also super glad at JJ Abrams' decision to shy away from lots of CGI. The SW films have always been about using the latest and greatest movie technology (Lucas literally had companies INVENTING things for him to use as special effects in Hope while it was being shot), but there are so many movies out there that are just giant, plotless CGI-fests (*COUGHMICHAELBAYCOUGH*) that the high-budget, low-tech sets could be a breath of fresh air from all the computer-generated fireballs. Razz

RandomEncounter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top