LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Legendary's GODZILLA Reviews

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legendary's GODZILLA Reviews

Post by Cloud on Sat May 17, 2014 8:22 pm

I just went and saw Godzilla with my brother...

IT WAS AWESOME, IMO!!!!

To those who have not seen this movie yet must not read the below spoilers.

Spoiler:

GODZILLA is still KING OF THE MONSTERS!!!!

My Reviews:

7.5/10

Pros:
The monster fights at the end were awesome. I was very impressed with that. I definitely love the part when Godzilla grabs Muto's head and blasts the atomic breath down through it's mouth. I like how Godzilla winds up being the anti-hero.

Cons:
Bryan Cranston's character dies way too early. I didn't pretty much care for the human scenes.

The humans are trying to be stupid... They are like "Godzilla is a monster, shoot at it!!!"

Pretty much all the Godzilla movies are like that.

Cloud
Insane & Alive

Lego ID : Shulk1991
Humor : Bazinga!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Legendary's GODZILLA Reviews

Post by Lone-Star on Sun May 18, 2014 10:39 pm

Ohai, KaiJoe. Wink

I just went to see the movie myself last night.

My overall impression?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!

Wink

Now, for more detailed info...

Spoiler:
As I believe in ending on a good note, I will present the cons first.

CONS:
~ They took God's name in vain, whether it be simply "God" or "Jesus Christ." They seemed to take God's name in vain more than they used cursewords. (Not that cursewords are good, but there's just an added distastefulness to used the Lord's name as a swearword.) I came away wishing more and more that I had one of those handy-dandy DVD players that bleeps out inappropriate use of God's name.
~ I would've enjoyed seeing more monster scenes. Being a fan of action, I came away somewhat disappointed.
~ I did not enjoy the romance scenes and would've been very content if they were left out altogether.
~ I thought Godzilla's feet weren't very dinosaur-like (well, carnivorous dinosaur-like, that is). They looked like somebody took a hippo's feet and put them on the King of the Monsters. Now I realize that, as an incredibly large creature, Gojira needs some sturdy feet, but I still think that he could've had sturdy T-rex-like feet instead of sturdy Brontosaurus feet.

PROS
~ I was pleasantly surprised that there wasn't much environmentalist rhetoric at all. As a matter of fact, the only "rhetoric" occurred when Dr. Serozowa (pardon my poor spelling Razz  ) said that nature controlled man (paraphrase), and that was very light and could've just been interpreted as the age-old truth that man is powerless before God's creation.
~ Except for the feet part mentioned previously in the cons, GODZILLA'S DESIGN WAS PERFECT! At first, it took be a bit to get used to his bearlike appearance, but as the movie wore on, I thought it fit him very well given his strength and power.
~ I thought the MUTOs were brilliantly designed monsters. I enjoyed the suspenseful air they added to the plot.
~ I enjoyed all the monster battles. Godzilla's atomic breath was epic and realistic, and I loved how he finished off the female MUTO by breathing fire down her throat. Can't get more epic than that for a climax!
~ I'm glad he didn't die. It leaves room for sequels! Very Happy
~ I'm glad that, although he was certainly not man's friend, he was not, per se, man's enemy. As such, he was almost neither a hero, nor an antihero. As I understand the plot (I left to use the restroom several times, so correct me if I err, Joe), Godzilla was seeking revenge on the MUTOs because they had killed his mate. So basically, although he was extremely destructive, he was not "Mother Earth's" weapon of revenge upon man, but actually a weapon to restore balance, as the good Doctor said.

All in all, I give the movie 4 and 1/2 stars, and would give it 5, if it weren't for the blasphemy and romance. For me, Emmerich's Godzilla is history: THIS IS THE NEW GOJIRA!!!!!! Very Happy
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

Lego ID : scarecrow535
Humor : Lemme ask you just one question: I THINK YOU'RE LYING!!! --A Bad Lawyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Wed May 28, 2014 12:24 pm

Everyone is telling me that it is AWESOME.... guess I have to see it. Razz
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : dino272727
Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Who on Wed May 28, 2014 7:23 pm

As someone who knows nothing about Godzilla and has never seen any previous films, should I watch it? Razz

The TARDIS  
Doctor Who
TOATUBBY
TOATUBBY

Lego ID : Takanuva101411
Humor : I tried to catch some fog. I mist.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Thu May 29, 2014 11:51 am

@Tak: I think you will understand it a bit. Legendary's Godzilla is a reboot after all. (Well except it takes place in present Razz )

Cloud
Insane & Alive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:29 pm

@Scarecrow: It is confirmed by Legendary that Gareth Edwards is going to direct, not one but, two sequels to this year's Godzilla reboot. Very Happy

It is rumored that in the next film Godzilla will fight Biollante.

Cloud
Insane & Alive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:06 pm

It's my hope that both sequels will be as good as, if not better than, this year's film. Wink
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

Lego ID : scarecrow535
Humor : Lemme ask you just one question: I THINK YOU'RE LYING!!! --A Bad Lawyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top