LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

The Star Wars Battlefront Club (SWBC)

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Star Wars Battlefront Club (SWBC)

Post by Bone-Appeteet on Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:40 pm

I have no idea how PC Battlefront players can play together.

But I do know that you can get a Playstation 2 controller for the PC! Wink
Idk if SONY actually makes Playstation 2 controllers for PC, but there are controllers that are basically Playstation 2 controllers that you can get. Razz
Bone-Appeteet
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : not Bone-Appeteet for sure O_O
Humor : I say a lot of funny things, but I can never remember what they are...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:13 pm

Idk how you play together on pc, I just know you can... we need Kojan or AA or some other technology inclined person Razz
As to controllers, you can get fake console style controllers for pc, OR you can use xbox controllers, (I think) OR you can use a real ps2 controller with the propper adapter, I hear they start at 5$ USD, not bad. What I do NOT know is:A what downloads/software is required. B: can said controllers be used with swbf? Right now, we need to learn how to play together.. I will research this after schoolwork is done today.
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : dino272727
Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:56 pm

I'm actually not that technologically inclined, and as for BFII, I'ld rather use a mouse. Anyone know how to hook a mouse up to a PS2? :PI do have one of those PS controllers with a usb connector, I got it from a friend, along with some other old junk that I hoped I could get some use out of, but then got too lazy to mess with. :PAs for connections....well....theres ways to connect PCs to interact with each other via the internet just as they can with a network, so that you can share files n stuff....but I have no idea how to go about setting that up, and after that I have no idea how to set up PC versions of BFII to work over said connection. I'm sure enough googling would solve the problem, but that's more than I want to/have time to do right now. :PThe other problem is trusting the connection to be secure, as most/possibly all would need to use some sort of special program, and you don't want to go randomly downloading programs, especially those designed to use the Internet for stuff. :PAnyways, the lag would probably be absolutely terrible. It still looks like the best option is either A. Several thousand-foot long cords of network cable for PS2s spliced together. B. Someone randomly find out where someone is via stalking/creeping/internet hacking/stalking and get together with the other person without being shot for being so creepy and them playing together (thus far, I think scare should find dino, as dino is least likely to shoot someone and would more be like HAIHOWAREYATHATSSOCOOLTHATWEMETINREALLIFEOMYGOODNESSCMONLETSGODOSOMETHING
TOGETHERWANTSOMECARROTDIPTELLMEHOWYOUFOUNDMETHATSSOCOOLNOIMNOTCREEPEDOUTI
TSAWESOMETOFINALLYMEETYOUINPERSONWANTSOMECARROTSTOGOWITHTHATCARROTDIP?????
And scare is probably the safest bet to find dino, I dont' trust adlu :suspicion: , I don't know the rest of you well enough (sorry Bone, but you're still awesome. Razz), and scare can handle himself and just shoot dino if dino's really just been an evil creepy kidnapper this whole time. :Por C. We all hook our PS2s up to the internet and play on live, but that's no fun at all, because you can't use upgraded weapons and I don't think theres any bots and it's really not a good experience. D. We organize meeting somewhere and all bring our PS2/PC's and play together in some random hotel, but that might end up involving shooting dino for being a evil creepy stalker anyways. Razz

Last edited by Alien_Ant2 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Lego ID : Alien_Ant2
Humor : A storm trooper and a redshirt got into a fight. The stormtrooper missed, but the redshirt died anyways.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Please ignore this post until some helpful staff member deletes it.

Post by dino27 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:02 pm

There is really only one emote that describes the above post....

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!! ROFL!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

Annnnnd.... I think I found what I was looking for.   (Aside from proof that AA is truly insane, which he just gave me.  )  

Eh-hem. Finally a site that actually has some good info!
So BASICALLY, it sounds like what is needed to play from the hardware department: a PC (IDK if you can play PS2 and PC at the same time.... maybe it can be done, if you have internet on your PS2) SWBF/SWBFII (for your owned gaming system)
Broadband Internet Connection
and you're ready to go hardware wise.
I also strongly SUGGEST a Gaming headset/mic so we can talk.
And if you prefer playing via a controller to using your mouse and keyboard, you can either get a fake controller for PC, or get a PS2 controller with an adapter OR an Xbox controller.

Also, the best gaming results will occur if we can find somebody with a good computer/internet connection who isn't interested in playing with us. Though we COULD do a slower version with the host computer's owner playing too. Which could be hard to do as they'd have to have SWBF/SWBFII    

Now comes the software element... according to my research, SWBF(I) is no longer supported fro online multiplayer, and I imagine SWBFII isn't far behind the original in terms of no longer being supported. So.... we need a server. This would be an area where we could REALLY use the help of Kojan, or anybody else around here who knows computer related stuff. All I was able to find thus far is.... the two main servers are Tunngle (looks like it has ads on the start up, not what we want as I know those won't work for Scare) and GameRanger... and no, I know absolutely N_O_T_H_T_I_N_G about either of those... outside from looking them up briefly...   But it does sound like a doable thing with sites set up. Kojan.... can you please help us to understand this? We're clueless, if you didn't already guess  

So we SHOULD be able to do it if we have a computer with broadband internet, the game(s) and preferably a headset. All in all, assuming all that's needed is the games and the headset, that's about $30 USD or so for hours of endless fun.

Last edited by ACT-58 (dino27) on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Edited so you can see all of what dino would have said. Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Humor : A storm trooper and a redshirt got into a fight. The stormtrooper missed, but the redshirt died anyways.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:52 pm

Gee, I didn't realize that it was so complicated just to get all this stuff set up! But at least it's fairly cheap...$30 isn't too hard to come by. Smile

*General Grievous summons Kojan with Jaykoness because this entire SWBC depends on his knowledge.*  Razz
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

Lego ID : scarecrow535
Humor : Lemme ask you just one question: I THINK YOU'RE LYING!!! --A Bad Lawyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:05 pm

scare, I think you should just move into a house nearby, along with dino and the other of course, and we'll all just pop over to each other's house to play. Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:18 pm

@Ant: That WOULD be rather convenient. Razz  Of course, if you don't live in the South, then I'm not sure I could take it. I love the South, y'all. Razz
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:24 pm

Yes, but that's the nice thing about ohio, it's got everything for everyone. Rednecks n gangs (and some redneck gangsters *shudder*), factories n farms, country n city, woods n ponds n back alleys n fishing n arcades n drugs n hunting n cellphones n carrier pigeons n big pickup trucks n sleek cars n clunkers n hybrids n liberals n conservatives n below zero blizzards n above 100 (THE NEXT DAY! :C ) n tornadoes n hurricanes (what's left) n calm n flats n hills n deer n cyotes n rats n CASUE OHIO! EM, MANLY MAN OF MAN
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:37 pm

WELL! YOU may like Ohio, but I am for the Old North State! *inset state song of North Carolina*

Anyhow, we are straying off topic... Razz

WHERE ARE YOU KOJAN???
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:41 pm

On a business trip that's kinda worrying me. Razz

But ohio's like the south, but better, we can suport our economy from the ground up to the top. We can grow our food and make tanks (which we do btw) and we have nukes n air-power (Wright Pat Airforce Base), we just happen to be in the north....which is good-ish from a military point of view. We're an awesome state. It combines all the best of the north n south n east n west, which is probably why we're closer to the middle. Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:47 pm

Wait...isn't Ohio a Midwestern state?

*salutes, though coughing terribly*

The Midwest and the South: My favorite USA regions. Wink
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:15 pm

Yeah it's midwest. Razz  Though I like pretty much any state, so long as it's not on one of the seaboards. They always tend to be too blue. But I mean, Montana, Florida, Texas, North Dakota, Ohio, They're all awesome. Illinois is an exception though. Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:25 pm

I DON'T TRUST YOU EITHER, WORSTEST ENEMIEST!

THE FEELING IS SO MUTUAL!!!!

Razz !!!
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Location : Down that dirt road you always drive by, one mile out, second house on the left.
Lego ID : Dalu50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:07 pm

Wait, what is this about me not trusting you? I mean, it'/s true, but what did I say just now that sparked you yelling that just now? Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:41 pm

I thought this was the SWBF club, not the debate of states and stalkers club  Razz
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zint Fazer on Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:46 pm

ACT-58 (dino27) wrote:I thought this was the SWBF club, not the debate of states and stalkers club  Razz
It's the topic LZP deserves, but not the one it needs right now. Razz
Zint Fazer
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Lego ID : rezaFtinZ (But backwards)
Humor : I make funny jokes.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:29 pm

It''s important to the club, trust me. We have to decide which state to live in so we can all play! Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:58 am

Facepalm If you say so..... shouldn't we be talking about which planet/map we'd live on? Razz
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:57 pm

Oh oh! Can I join? EM, MANLY MAN OF MAN I know I' a clone freak but hey, who cares! *goes off about clones and whatnot for lack of better things to say and for fear of an awkward moment* Razz
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Lego ID : arwin,arwin1,arwin2
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:10 pm

@Zyph: If you like SWBF 1 and 2, you're a member. Razz
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:15 pm

Anty,
  I just went back and read your post, that's all.  Expect a traitor to explode every  now and then, Worstest One. Razz

*hugs Kayla and welcomes her aboard with a salute*
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Location : Down that dirt road you always drive by, one mile out, second house on the left.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:47 pm

Well if we ever play BFII together, I'll be gunning for you. Though I'm sure you'll get the public traitor award. (and I'll, as always, get dead eye, public enemy, and survivalist. Razz)
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:18 pm

Scare: Epic! Thanks!

*hugs Kayla awkwardly due to her armor then toches her glove to her brow* Good to be 'ere! Razz
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Lego ID : arwin,arwin1,arwin2
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:08 am

Of COURSE I'd be the traitor, after having taken you down 30 times!!! I'd wear that medal with the deepest honour!!

*pauses, scratches head, and reflects upon the irony*

Anyway, what makes you think YOU would be getting all those medals, Worstest One???

Kayla,
  ROFL!   Good to have you 'ere, comrade!
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top