LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

The Star Wars Battlefront Club (SWBC)

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Star Wars Battlefront Club (SWBC)

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:55 pm

A better space strategy is simply go as a pilot (as the pistol is better than the rifle, once you have all the awards on legendary), take out all the critical systems, then finish off those on the outside (sensors and communications and bridge), then just dog-fight till you win. Ferrying extra npcs to their capital ship is worthless. I sometimes take out the frigate support first, or right after I take out the internals, it depends on my mood. Razz

As for ground maps, I usually run in circles. I take the enemies command posts and he in return takes mine, and then I go get mine back and lose his. This is especially true on larger maps (hey, I'm only one guy okay?!? Razz), but on more linear/smaller maps, like polis masa and tantive this doens't happen as much (well...still tantive). I like tanking if I have superiority, or if I'm down to the last few men, otherwise I jsut take the basic infantry class and kill them quickly. For non tank maps that what I always do, unless I feel like playing sniper but then I dont' care about winning as much. For CQC maps (my favorite), like tantive and polis masa, and somewhat uptapau and mos esiley, I like getting them stuck at one command post and just mowing them down, this is easiest on polis masa and tantive IV (if you can sit above command post 2 on polis masa you've won the battle, you're only worry is running out of ammo. :PIf you get them to command post 1 and get you're guys to support you then it's a matter of firing/reloading fast enough. Razz) uptapau, if you can get them stuck in the hanger, and then sit on the top levels of cat-walks and snipe down, it's literally like shooting fish in a barrel. There's a health droid and ammo droid up there too, so when they finally start shooting back just heal/ammo up, switch sides, and continue. :PIf they are stupid enough to camp a tank in the hanger all the better, if it's imperials v rebels. The open turret makes the perfect sniping trap, and since (in my experience) they don't like to move the tank, it's easy head shots till the end of the game once you get it lined up, whichisn't hard on a sitting duck. Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Lego ID : Alien_Ant2
Humor : A storm trooper and a redshirt got into a fight. The stormtrooper missed, but the redshirt died anyways.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:04 pm

Mind if I join in? My battle tactic is..... I wing it and go solo Cool 

Though, each planet/space battle has a fast way to win. I'm best in Space battles.

My space strats are similar to both AA's and Scares, if I play with my brother he goes in and takes out auto turets while I take out everything I can from the outside, genneraly we work together on the shields. After we do that its only time before we win, I spend the last bit taking out poits in space with my V-wing (my fav Cool )

On land I'm even more soloish, speacily on Corusant and Kyessek. (If I play with a brother) he'll tell me to do one thing and I kinda do the opposite. Heh. Razz I like doin my own thang Cool
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Lego ID : arwin,arwin1,arwin2
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zint Fazer on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:05 pm

In Space battles, I infiltrate the hangar and take down the life support systems, shield generators, and defense systems first.

THEN I take out the rest with bombers. Razz 

Then just dogfight Razz
Zint Fazer
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Lego ID : rezaFtinZ (But backwards)
Humor : I make funny jokes.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Dogfighting is pretty awesome Cool Though, I do it with my V-wing  cause it has good armor, sadly its kinda slow, but luckily I learned a few tricks with it that I'm sure that the rest of y'all know. Sadly I don't remember how to conduct them D:
But yeah. Razz
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:23 pm

While you're in the ship you may as well take everything out, unless you took the shields out on your way over, as I sometimes do. I prefer dog-fighting with the multi-role unit (X-wing, ARC-170, etcetera), and sometimes the dedeciated fighter unit. If you know how to dog-fight well you don't need armor. :PAnd the tri-fighter is jsut too cool to not take, whenever I can steal one...cause I never play droids. Razz....
...I would sing a song after that last remark, but no one here would recognize it unless you secretly attend my school, so it would be lost on you. Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Humor : A storm trooper and a redshirt got into a fight. The stormtrooper missed, but the redshirt died anyways.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:27 pm

Yeah, I'm not the best dogfighter, sides, I like to cut things close to ships, and I'm gonna nock the haul on the command ship I don't wanna blow up right then. Speaking from espeance. I had a bad time one time when I cut it to close. I like getting all fancy on there when I can Razz 

*Pretends she would totally know what song AA was gonna sing*
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:01 pm

I''m a rotten dogfighter, simply because Scare always gives me the bad controller that flicks my views all over the place I need some more practise. Razz

Anty,
  That space assault idea is what Scare and I used to do.  But I discovered I can take out a lot more men as a Marine working behind the lines and making things go BOOM. 

Dino,
  Bob! :rofl:Yeah, I've taken down many a Bob.  The other day I shot down a snow speeder with flaming engines--and I was on the rebel's side!  They would have survived if I hadn't got that evil notion, because we were four men away from victory.  HOW COULD I BE SO EVIL!!!!! afraid 

Scare,
  I see you conveniently left out all the work I do while you're winning various medals.  Yeah, I get it.  You feel like you don't need me to back you up.  That's fine.  I'll be an unsung hero.  I'll deal with it.

*throws self on the ground and sobs*
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Location : In a classroom with other brain-fried med students...
Lego ID : Dalu50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zint Fazer on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:30 pm

Typical, Scare, simply typical! 

Take all the credit for himself! Razz !

*pats poor Dalu on the back and gives her a handkerchief*
There there now. Razz
Zint Fazer
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TaeIsTheLeastAttractive on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:53 pm

That would be so awesome to play Battlefront with you guys, Dalu and Scare. Razz
TaeIsTheLeastAttractive
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : not Bone-Appeteet for sure O_O
Humor : I say a lot of funny things, but I can never remember what they are...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zint Fazer on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:39 pm

^ 100% Agreed. Very Happy !
Zint Fazer
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:03 pm

I'm researching right now how much LAN network cord costs in the thousands of feet. :PI'll obviously have to splice alot of it together..... Razz

@Adlu: that's what I used to, it's how I got my precision pistol, I just tore up the hangers. :PBut that's not any fun, and you get more points for the fighter craft, whereas I've foudn that sometimes all the people start to disappear from the hanger to shoot at...atleast the droid hangers. Razz

I don't need no bodygarud to get medals, I got legendary in everything without now help...cept the enemies. Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:06 pm

@Ant: Well, I meant I like to ferry men when I'm playing WITH Dalu, 'cause she takes care of all the inner workings of the ship. Razz  Plus, when I'm playing as the Empire, the Imperial Shuttle is WICKED in dogfights--its missiles are very effective. I only knock out the auto turret system and the shield generator because I like to get out and fly...hangars aren't my favorite battlegrounds. Razz

@Bone: That would be awesome, wouldn't it? We'd beat you guys, of course. Wink
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

Lego ID : scarecrow535
Humor : Lemme ask you just one question: I THINK YOU'RE LYING!!! --A Bad Lawyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TaeIsTheLeastAttractive on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:07 pm

Of course. I haven't played in years. Razz  Wink
TaeIsTheLeastAttractive
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : not Bone-Appeteet for sure O_O
Humor : I say a lot of funny things, but I can never remember what they are...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Who on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:46 pm

I've never played, but I'd love to learn. LOL

The TARDIS  
Doctor Who
TOATUBBY
TOATUBBY

Lego ID : Takanuva101411
Humor : I tried to catch some fog. I mist.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Kojan on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:52 pm

If everyone were playing on PC, it wouldn't be that difficult, really. I would easily be able to host a server.
Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : AndrewJC248 | Kojan Riktan
Humor : The Deviants may have their PsiTech, true, but we have Novalith cannons.

View user profile http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Who on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:52 pm

If it was free, I'd have it for PC. Razz

The TARDIS  
Doctor Who
TOATUBBY
TOATUBBY

Lego ID : Takanuva101411
Humor : I tried to catch some fog. I mist.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:50 pm

Both SWBF and SWBF II can be had for 7-10 bucks, depending on were you buy. Office depot has SWBF(I) for 10$ USD, amazon has both versions. Scare and I are totally getting at least 1 for PC. Razz

Kojan, like, how difficult? What's required in hardware/software? I know NOTHING the least bit technical, how hard is it for two people to just pop on and play via PC? What about a group of a half dozen or more? (EG, this club Razz ) because I think we have the people and we have the interest. Razz I'm seriously looking into getting a PS2 controller adapter for PC, SWBF I and II, and a cheap (but decent) headset... Man this is gonna be fun.... gun lovah  EPIC DUEL  
 Sleeping on Keyboard 

Say AYE if you're willing to try and join whoever else said aye in playing on PC Razz

My favorite unconventional space warfare tactic: (for man to man, or man to droid Razz )

Take EVERY enemy fighter, bomber, and interceptor, and fly it a few yards away, and land it inside the enemy hanger... facing the bulkhead Razz They can't leave in anything but the dropship. The space battle just because a ground battle. Razz I ANNIHIATE them. Razz  It takes time to do, but if you have the pistol... they're goners. Razz And if you don't, there's no better map to earn it quickly (especially with points to victory set to a thousand Razz )  they don't have serious ground units, and the AI is too dumb to actually fight you with any real effectiveness. Want to make it easier? Land a fighter in front of each door to the internal part of the ship... you trap more than half of the AI that respawns in there, and they can't touch you. Razz 

My favorite typical space warefare tactic: take bomber and destroy frigates. Land in hanger. Take out shields and auto turrets. Then either finish off other systems via det packs or steal enemy bomber and take them out from the outside. If the game is set so that that wasn't enough points to win... grab an interceptor and dog fight for a while, I might not be good at fighter to fighter, but it's a satisfying end to the battle. Cool
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : dino272727
Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zint Fazer on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:32 am

Hmmmm Battlefront for PC? Razz

... do.. does the PC version still have online capabilities? Can you play with friends? Hyper
Zint Fazer
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:09 am

To bad we are selling our PS2 and battlefront 1 and 2 D: Sad Sad Sad But hey, 70 bucks is 70 bucks. Razz 

I'm gonna get battlefront 1, 2 or 3 for my brothers Xbox360, or I may get SWBF3 for PC. It would be awesome of the folks on LZP to have a SWBF match Razz
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zint Fazer on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:10 am

Yes, I would get Battlefront 3 on PC just to be able to have awesome LZP matches. Razz
Zint Fazer
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:33 am

Bone: Good idea Cool Sadly, I donno if mom would let me put the game on this comp.
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:49 pm

I've heard you can, waiting for Kojan to reply to be sure.
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : dino272727
Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zint Fazer on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:24 pm

Captain Wits wrote:Bone: Good idea Cool Sadly, I donno if mom would let me put the game on this comp.
I am NOT Bone! ROFL!
Zint Fazer
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:30 pm

As Dino already knows (since he and I have been PM-ing about it for a little bit now), I am, Lord willing, going to get one--or both!--Battlefront games for the PC as soon as I get the money. I would absolutely LOVE to play with everyone on the PC versions and have Battlefront "game days." Then our club could REALLY come to life!

There are two things which I feel ought to be researched, whether we all get the PC versions or not: 1) if it is possible to have  a PS2-style controller for a PC Battlefront game, and 2) how PC Battlefront players can play together. Dino has already given me a couple suggestions for getting a game-microphone to use to chat with fellow PC-BF players.

So...anybody know about those two things needing research?
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

Lego ID : scarecrow535
Humor : Lemme ask you just one question: I THINK YOU'RE LYING!!! --A Bad Lawyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:38 pm

Zack: Sorry! You both have the same avvies! D:
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top