LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Keeping up with the times...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Keeping up with the times...

Post by Lone-Star on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:53 pm

Hey, y'all.

Just thought I would ask if there is anyway that one can buy a PS3 for under $150.

I can't stand how fast some technology moves. I have never been able to afford PS3 and am still strapped to my PS2, and now I hear rumors of a stupid PS FOUR. Is the whole wide world rolling in money or in debt that folks can actually buy a new gaming system every three years?

Anyway, that being said, can anybody answer my first question? Razz

~Scare~
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

Lego ID : scarecrow535
Humor : Lemme ask you just one question: I THINK YOU'RE LYING!!! --A Bad Lawyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Keeping up with the times...

Post by Admiral Kojan on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Actually, the PS3 has been out for about eight to nine years, so nobody is rolling in money. People wouldn't buy consoles if they came out every two or three years. Razz

The PS4 is coming out much later this year, so I would save your money until after it comes out. Once the PS4 does come out, prices for the PS3 will drop significantly.

If you really want to get on in the next month or two, I would recommend skimming Amazon for them. You can find used PS3s there for under $150, but be careful. Only buy from reputable sellers, and don't throw your money into something that seems too good to be true, like a new PS3 for $50. Those are usually scams.

Other than Amazon, I'd try out GameStop or EBGames and see what they have, though they are probably in the $250 dollar range.
Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : AndrewJC248 | Kojan Riktan
Humor : The Deviants may have their PsiTech, true, but we have Novalith cannons.

View user profile http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:24 am

I would imagine the ps3s will continue to come down in price, Sony have been announcing new and cheaper models for the past few years now, like they did with the ps2. You could easily get one for around 150 dollars though in the coming months/year new or as Kojan says buy a used one.

The ps4 launches on the 15th of November in the US and November 29th for Europe, 399 dollars for the console plus to play online you'll need a ps plus membership
that's around 50 dollars. Also some people can't afford to pay 399 up front so I know here a lot of people have payed off say 20 euro every few weeks.
Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile http://www.elitelygamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:35 pm

I'm right with ya Scare! I still have meh good old PS2 myself (I got it around 2006 or so... have I really had that thing for seven years now? wow...)
I'm not letting go of my PS2 as that's how I play SWBF/SWBFII.... but now that SWBF(III) is coming out... I'll be wanting to get a two player console for it... but I'm cheap and don't wanna buy it.  Razz  On the bright side, no one will be too likely to break into my house for my (not so) high end gaming console, :Punless they mistake it for one eight years newer.  Razz 

Let me know if you find a good price on PS3s... (I'd rather buy a new one than used though) 'cause I might just buy one eventually...

Anyways, good luck in your search, and regardless of whether or not either of us find one, we should totally go over to each others houses and play SWBF  Razz(actually, there's probably a way to do it with the PC version, which is like ten bucks at Office Depot)
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : dino272727
Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:04 pm

The new Battlefront for anyone also that doesn't know will more than likely only come to PC, Xbox One and PS4 (Wii U at a push at this point). It's not coming out until 2015 so by then the PS3 and 360 will probably get very few games.
Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Kojan on Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:33 pm

Yeah, Roddy is right. If I were you, I'd save your money and get a PS4 or Xbox One (though I would recommend the PS4).
Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Humor : The Deviants may have their PsiTech, true, but we have Novalith cannons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:54 pm

The ps4 is probably the better option yeah, coming in at 399, that's not much more expensive than the wii u and its a lot more powerful and has more developers supporting it. The ps3 and Xbox 360 are getting games this year and I would say next year but after that don't expect them to be supporting the consoles as much considering they are already nearly both 10 years behind current technology.

Before anyone says all that ever gets released on playstations and xboxs are shooters or sports games, there are a lot of indie games and some family friendly games (knack for example) all coming to consoles.
Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:03 pm

What I'd really like is a (for example) a PS4 that can play (and read the memory cards for) PS2 and PS3 games... I guess that's pretty much a PC fitted out with an Xbox controller.   Razz
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : dino272727
Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Kojan on Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:44 pm

The PS3 gave up memory cards (hard drives are solely used by all gaming consoles starting with the Xbox and PS3), and PS2/3 games won't work with PS4 games. Sorry to say it, but your memory cards are worthless when it comes to the PS4.
Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:09 pm

GASP!!!!!!!

PS2 AND PS3 games won't work with PS4? Gee whiz...

If it weren't for the upcoming release of SWBIII, I'd just get a PS3 since some games I've been wanting are able to be played with it and it alone ATM, but I am such a die-hard fan of SWB I don't know if I should buy a PS3.

But I ain't no moneybags, fellers, so I may have to just get a PS3...to me, even $50 is a lot of money. Razz

@Dino: Yeah, I need to see if I can get the PC version...you know, it would get dangerous that way. You and I would make SWBII internet appointments and spend as much time as possible frying our brains. Razz  Dalu and I have literally spent dozens--maybe hundreds--of excellent hours playing both SWB and SWBII. Honestly, I think the SWB series are the greatest video games of all time.

Thank y'all for your input. I will see what I can do. Wink

God bless,
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zint Fazer on Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:16 pm

Whoa! Razz

I didn't take you and Dalu for the type to play video games, Scare! Razz

*is amazed* Razz
Zint Fazer
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Lego ID : rezaFtinZ (But backwards)
Humor : I make funny jokes.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Kojan on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:22 pm

While SWBIII is going to look terrific on the PC, heed this warning: Battlefield 3 really can only run on higher-end computers, and since SWBIII is going to be using the same amount of resources as Battlefield 4 (presumably/most likely), then your computer is going to have to be really up-to-spec. You're looking at somewhere between $1250-2000. If your computer is running XP and has less RAM than 8GB, not to mention a low-end graphics card, then I'd put your money into a PS4.
Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by Zint Fazer on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:24 pm

Or you could just get a PS4/XB1

Razz
Zint Fazer
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:15 am

Scarecrow wrote:GASP!!!!!!!

PS2 AND PS3 games won't work with PS4? Gee whiz...
Selected ps3 will work on the ps4 from around 2014 when they launch the cloud service they have planned. You'll be able to buy and play big name games on the ps4.
Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:43 pm

@Kojan: Actually I was talking about getting the old SWBII PC game so Dino and I could play. Razz

@Roddy: How do you keep up with this techno stuff, brudder? Razz
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Kojan on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:27 am

We read. Razz
Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:33 pm

Kojan the Walrus wrote:We read. Razz
And watch the live conferences. Razz I use twitter too since you can get updates from all the major gaming sites and obviously news direct from Sony and Microsoft. Razz
Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:32 pm

Y'all love your game consoles, I love my chickens. Razz
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zint Fazer on Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:02 am

If they made a gaming console in the shape of a chicken, would you buy it? Razz  

(Assuming it had big- name games like Call of Chicken, BattleChicken 4, and other chicken-related games. Razz)
Zint Fazer
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:54 pm

@Zint: Of course! I would buy everything related to it...if I had the money. Razz
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top