LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

The Captain's MOCkeries~

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Captain's MOCkeries~

Post by Captain Pie on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:30 am

My Elven Sig-fig. :3 He turned out nicely, IMO.

A Hobbit Burglar. Razz

Next up, and Elven Shrine!

Two elite Elven guardians protect this hrine, and nurture it. In this shrine, lies the last golden flower of the Elves, Lalaith, with its sister tree, Haluthien.

That's it, I hope you guys liked it! Smile I did have descriptions for each pic, but I'm too lazy to type them right now. Razz
Captain Pie
Anime Elf

Lego ID : MinifigDesigner
Humor : Two doses of insanity a day, keeps the psychiatrist away...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Captain's MOCkeries~

Post by Aokpisz on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:12 am

Your guys are cool but your background is drab. Its all about presentation. Razz
Aokpisz
Crazy
Crazy

Lego ID : Aokpisz
Humor : Okay. Honestly. I have no humor. None. Nada. Big Fat Goose Egg. And by reading this, you are scummbing to reverse psychology.

View user profile http://legomessageboards.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Who on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:34 pm

The minifigures are very cool. Cool  I'd recommend though to have more colours than green, such as grey/brown/etc, and I'd probably change the red and yellow structure because it seems out of place.

The TARDIS  
Doctor Who
TOATUBBY
TOATUBBY

Lego ID : Takanuva101411
Humor : I tried to catch some fog. I mist.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:36 pm

NIIIICE figures!!!
My ONE suggestion on the figs is investing in a BrickForge sword, even with that spectacular paint-job, the Lego butter-knife just doesn't do that awesome Elf justice!  Smile

As to the land part, I agree with Snape, I'd add more grays, browns, and other colors of greens... make rocks, dirt, sand, weeds, mud, even a little water. Add way more plants, put some plates about to offer layers to the field. Make some larger shade trees to add levels.
 You have the makings of a good scene, but it needs a bit of detail. Also, if you could ad a rock-wall on the back, with pieces sticking out at assorted angles, it would do a vast amount for the seen.

The structure, I suggest getting rid of the yellow, it doesn't quite work there. I advise building a "hill" of plates on which the structure sits, it will draw more attention to it. As to the flower, might I recommend placing it eon a "stock" of another plant (to make it larger and draw more focus) or even adding a display...  pedestal... pot.... thing on which it rests?

And one final suggestion on the build, I would photograph it on a white sheet or towel that hides the rest of the room, it distracts from the place of plastic.

Anyways, don't let me suggestions discourage you, you've already got the two hardest parts down, getting an idea, and putting it into bricks.
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : dino272727
Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top