LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

[BOB'S HOUSE] Railhouse

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[BOB'S HOUSE] Railhouse

Post by Aokpisz on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Bob's Railhouse, the Envy of the Rails, stops near an Indian campsite, spooking the horse. Bob hops down to talk to the Indian, an old friend of his.

So folks! After about 2 weeks of work, the Railhouse is finally complete. The Envy of the Rails is one of my best creations ever, inspired by such things as the Neverwas Haul, the book Railsea, and Lemon_boy's creations on Flickr, all of which I'd reccomend you to check out. Click the spoiler for more pics!

The Envy of the Rails:

An overview of the Envy of the Rails

Bob jumps down excitedly, greeting his Indian friend.

A rear 3/4 view of the Envy of the Rails, with a view of the porch.

Bob stands in front of his railhouse, ready to show you around!

A view through the front window of the railhouse. Sorry for the bad quality, but my camera hates this shot. This is the only picture of the ceiling fan I have.

A view of the bottom floor, you can see a nice bookshelf filled with classic stories, and a chair for Bob to sit in. Also, a radio sits on the top of the shelf, for when mere written text gets boring.

The small kitchenette sits in the back, the shelves of the cabinet filled with consumables, ready to heal Bob in case of wounds. Also, an imagination burning stove, plump and grey, is ready for use in the corner.

A nice view down the bottom floor, looking out towards the bay window.

Bob imitates the Great Gatsby, and stares silently out his front window. Razz

[PLACEHOLDER]MORE PICTURES COMING[/PLACEHOLDER]

Last edited by Aokpisz on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
Aokpisz
Crazy
Crazy

Lego ID : Aokpisz
Humor : Okay. Honestly. I have no humor. None. Nada. Big Fat Goose Egg. And by reading this, you are scummbing to reverse psychology.

View user profile http://legomessageboards.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [BOB'S HOUSE] Railhouse

Post by Tater on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Nice house! Cna I have it? Razz
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Lego ID : arwin,arwin1,arwin2
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Pie on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:27 pm

Oohhh. Me gusta. :3
Captain Pie
Anime Elf

Lego ID : MinifigDesigner
Humor : Two doses of insanity a day, keeps the psychiatrist away...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Cuddles on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:04 am

Nice, how am I supposed to win now? Razz

I guess I could say my 10 year old house was 'Retro'...

"I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength"

I do not belong in a world of broken pieces
I was meant to be in the arms of Your redemption
I am moving on to the place of Your perfection
Cause I do not belong

This world is not my home
I'm a stranger in this land
But I am not alone
When I do not belong

"True friendship is like sound health, the true value of it is not known until it is lost." - LM, you will be sorely missed.

No matter where you are, or what you are going through, you are never truly alone.
Dr Cuddles
Evil Hamster Dictator Intern

Lego ID : Sheikh Me Handy
Humor : I really like Windmills. I'm a huge fan.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XP on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:02 am

I like this.
Also, I want dat pretzel.
Good thing I'm not doing this contest, otherwise I'd probably say something a bit more negative. Razz
XP
Insane & Alive

Lego ID : I forget.
Humor : later

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffy on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:08 am

I really like your entry!  The house has a lot of charm. Smile

I too admired the pretzel.  Razz

Queen of Bunnies

Lego ID : Fluffy
Humor : My employer won't pay for my breakfast, therefore I have "no access" to food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bone-Appeteet on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:59 pm

This is very cool. I love it.

I once did not care for Bob, but now I miss the bald, smiling, super-helpful adventurer. Sad

Great details and creative building! Very Happy
Bone-Appeteet
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : not Bone-Appeteet for sure O_O
Humor : I say a lot of funny things, but I can never remember what they are...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cracken on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:02 pm

This is simply amazing. :O I'll say more when it's time to do judging on entires, but for now: I'd like to hear more of the SNOT and the tilted pieces up on the front, how'd you put that together?!

[23:24:10] @ Em : I'd be the man, but I look stellar in an apron.

Queen of Bunnies wrote:Crackers is the center of a twinkie reality. Razz
The Cracken
Teletubby Admin
Teletubby Admin

Lego ID : crackers5
Humor : Anything is possible when you smell like Emjajoas and not a lady. I'm on Elzeep.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliwhi on Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:01 am

*challenge accepted* 

Razz

That's a really sweet looking house! Smile 

I want that pretzel Razz
Elliwhi
Tea Hoarder

Lego ID : Elliwhi1008751
Humor : Don't mind my oxymorons.

View user profile http://universalmln.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Who on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:20 pm

That's just cool. Nice work. Cool

MY PRETZEL! Razz

The TARDIS  
Doctor Who
TOATUBBY
TOATUBBY

Lego ID : Takanuva101411
Humor : I tried to catch some fog. I mist.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Who is like Jehovah? on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Forgot to mention...Nice house!

Also, 500th post. Hello green.
Who is like Jehovah?
Phase 2 Assimilation
Phase 2 Assimilation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariklego on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:47 pm

Nice work, Aok!
Ariklego
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

Lego ID : ariklego
Humor : The majority of fruit species have comparable aerodynamic properties to the genus Musa when hurled or otherwise propelled through a standard earth-like atmosphere. Buzz buzz.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aokpisz on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:36 am

I have more pictures of the interior of the upper story and such but can't post them. I'm on vacation and don't have acess to my other pictures. Sad
Aokpisz
Crazy
Crazy

Humor : Okay. Honestly. I have no humor. None. Nada. Big Fat Goose Egg. And by reading this, you are scummbing to reverse psychology.

Back to top Go down

Post by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:18 pm

A house by definition is a building, but alas someone goes and makes a vehicle that Bob lives in.. This is painful. Razz 

Anyway, a few things; There's nothing in the windows (no glass or window pane). That's a pretty useless window. Razz 

The color scheme.. Okay, the white/red flows, but the brown and gold? Why oh why did you add that? Razz 

And one of the biggest flaws in my eyes.. How does it move? If this can "stop" nearby places, you're implying it has some means of movement. I see no engine or anything of that sort. Razz
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

Humor : sigh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aokpisz on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:48 pm

Love the critisism. Let me start by asking who you are? (I can't keep track of name changes).
First question. Though I understand that a house is a building, this house is more of a building on train wheels, similar to how a HOUSEboat floats on a boat. I do think that you will shrug this point off, and so I beg that you consult Crax, who gave me permission to build a 'moving home' of sorts. Because of this, I took advantage and built my definition of a moving home.

As for the windows, my brother was currently helping me organize our collection and I wasn't sure where he put the panes before we left on vacation. When I get back, I could put them in, if it really bothers you.

The brown may not fit that well, but I only have those windows in brown, and its not the sort of color change which is glaringly horrible in my opinion.

The train moves via an engine powered by Imagination in the rear of the train, under the floor. This train runs in Bob's universe, not ours, where Imagination is a clean, renewable resource.
Aokpisz
Crazy
Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:00 pm

Aokpisz wrote:Love the critisism. Let me start by asking who you are? (I can't keep track of name changes).
First question. Though I understand that a house is a building, this house is more of a building on train wheels, similar to how a HOUSEboat floats on a boat. I do think that you will shrug this point off, and so I beg that you consult Crax, who gave me permission to build a 'moving home' of sorts. Because of this, I took advantage and built my definition of a moving home.

As for the windows, my brother was currently helping me organize our collection and I wasn't sure where he put the panes before we left on vacation. When I get back, I could put them in, if it really bothers you.

The brown may not fit that well, but I only have those windows in brown, and its not the sort of color change which is glaringly horrible in my opinion.

The train moves via an engine powered by Imagination in the rear of the train, under the floor. This train runs in Bob's universe, not ours, where Imagination is a clean, renewable resource.
Nealybealy, but of course Razz

I never said it was against the contest rules, I just said it doesn't fit quite well with the whole "Bob's House" kinda thing. That's a very iffy argument.. (in terms of the house)

I'm just saying, these details should be there before you post an entry. Don't change an entry you've already submitted.

If that's the only color you have of it, maybe don't use those ones..? Again, the details.

Bob lives in the LEGO Universe, but of course. Imagination isn't really; planet Crux did have the last "pure" source of imagination. Since this place isn't located in a known Crux system planet nor on Nexus Tower, there's no real way "pure" imagination could exist here. It's not a renewable resource. This is all going by LEGO Universe, since but of course, Bob is abandoned and homeless in the LEGO Universe. I'd love to see this engine though. As long as it doesn't require you to actually go and build it.. Razz
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

Humor : sigh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:05 pm

NIIIIIIICE house! I love the idea of giving Bob a home... and one from which he can retreat from the fall of the Nexus Force  Razz  Anyways.... the SNOT.... the details.... the interior.... yep... this is a good one!   Very Happy

And the brown and gold doesn't look the least bit out of place to me, it looks rather... Old West era Mexican villa... very please, especially noting the desert it's in...

Great work!
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : dino272727
Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top