LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Star Wars Battlefront (3)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Star Wars Battlefront (3)

Post by Lone-Star on Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:49 pm

Okay. I figured it was something like that, but just wanted to be sure. Wink

By the by, is it possible to play SWB online with a person using a different game console brand? For example, a friend of mine has an XBox but I have a PS4...would really like to play online with him but there's no way I'm trading my PS for an XBox. Razz
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

Lego ID : scarecrow535
Humor : Lemme ask you just one question: I THINK YOU'RE LYING!!! --A Bad Lawyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:18 am

Cross-platform play isn't supported with any XB1 or PS4 game unfortunately and I don't see it happening at all. PC is really the best way to go for playing with friends currently since some people have preferred consoles and will refuse to go to the other one. Rocket League is the only game that allows PC-PS4 play and Fable Legends will allow Windows 10-Xbox One when it comes out.
Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile http://www.elitelygamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:39 pm

Cruddy muffins! Razz  I was hoping I could play with Chucky-boy. Wink

I can't see myself getting a PC version. I much prefer a console controller to using keys. Plus, I don't think my dinosaurine desktop or memory-maxed laptop could handle any new software. Razz

Somebody out there needs to make a cross-platform Star Wars game. That would be epic, IMO.
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Kojan on Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:48 pm

That's the beauty of PC: you can use whatever input device you like, but get the price discounts and performance that consoles can't match.
Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : AndrewJC248 | Kojan Riktan
Humor : The Deviants may have their PsiTech, true, but we have Novalith cannons.

View user profile http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:45 pm

Plus you can get SWBF 2 (I THINK it is still supported for online play) CHEAP for PC. I think I got it for around ten dollars. True, it's not the good old PS2, but it's pretty fun. And I can't imagine that a game that old would be TOO demanding for an average PC. Also, don't Xbox controllers work with Windows PCs? (Uh.... Kojan... help us poor technically and electronically helpless elderly folks please. Razz )
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : dino272727
Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:55 pm

dino27 wrote:Plus you can get SWBF 2 (I THINK it is still supported for online play) CHEAP for PC. I think I got it for around ten dollars. True, it's not the good old PS2, but it's pretty fun. And I can't imagine that a game that old would be TOO demanding for an average PC. Also, don't Xbox controllers work with Windows PCs? (Uh.... Kojan... help us poor technically and electronically helpless elderly folks please. Razz )
Online play for battlefront 2 is possible but you need to mod it, official support ended when gamespy closed. It's not too demanding either, it is 10 years old after all, most laptops will run it extremely well.

As for controllers, there is always misinformation spread by console gamers when it comes to PC. May think you can only use a keyboard which makes no sense. PC supports literally any controller with a USB connection or Bluetooth. That includes dualshock suport. It's down to the developers what they officially suport, usually it's a 360/XB1 controller. If you want to though you can use something like a dualshock 4 and just trick the game into thinking you have an Xbox controller.
Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaMailman on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:32 am

Who all here has Battlefront for different platforms? We should get a poll going, or something. Razz I have it for PC, but don't know anyone who has the same.
NinjaMailman
Elzeep Psychologist

Humor : *Awkward silence*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bone-Appeteet on Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:01 am

I have it for Xbox One. Razz

I'm the MASTER OF DEATHS. Razz
(My own, not other people's.)

I die a lot. And it takes an extremely resourceful and persistent person to beat me in dying the most... Razz

*cough*
Bone-Appeteet
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : not Bone-Appeteet for sure O_O
Humor : I say a lot of funny things, but I can never remember what they are...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:20 am

I have it for PS4, but I hardly touch a PS4. PC is the way to play but my dad likes his consoles so we got it for the PS4 instead. The game is good but it got boring pretty quickly, last time I played it was in January.
Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:09 pm

Which Battlefront? Razz I have 1 and 2 for both PS2 and PC. I do not have (3) for any platform, as I would rather play it on a console (old memories) but lack a modern, or even previous generation console. Razz
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : dino272727
Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:00 pm

A word about the season pass "Outer Rim."

Love the environments. Jabba's Palace is epic because it's close-quarter-combat. The CA shock blaster is fantastic for that battlefield. The Palace Garage is cool too. Sullust is okay but I've never been a Sullust fan, even in the base game.

The weapons aren't that great. I've bought most of the Hutt Contracts and won most of the weapons. All of them are semiautomatic, meaning you have to tap the R2 button over and over again to fire multiple rounds. The damage they do (with the exception of the pistol acquired in the Bounty Hunter 1 Contract) is rather minimal most of the time (the Rodian Blaster packs a bunch but I never have gotten the hang of it). The Dioxis Grenade is okay...really not as devastating as I would like it to be. Razz In the process of earning the Scatter Gun. Still find myself resorting to the "old" weapons. My favorites are the EE-3, SE-whatever, and the T21B targeting rifle.

Heroes and Villains:
Haven't played as Greedo yet. No real desire to. Was forced to play as Nien Nunb and actually found him to be pretty cool. His endless supply of Proximity Bombs and Infantry Turrets (after cool-down, of course) is awesome, and his pistol is good. One question: WHY THE HECK HAVE THEY NOT INCLUDED CHEWBACCA????

All in all, Outer Rim gets a 4 stars from me. The two main issues are the weapons and the lack of Chewbacca. I like the Hutt Contracts, by the by...they give you something to work for.

PS:
Howdy, Dino! Wink
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaMailman on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:14 pm

I don't have the Outer Rim expansion. You season passer's got it like two weeks early. Razz April 5th I think is when it's available to everybody. There was a base game update with the Hutt Contracts and stuff, so I got that, but whatever. Personally, I can't stand the T21 or the T21B. I don't like sniping, and the rate of fire is horrible for close quarter fighting. I'm growing somewhat fond of the DLT-19x (or whatever it's called), though. Razz

Chewbacca's coming, I'm sure. I'd expect him to be in either the Bespin or Death Star expansions coming soon. Or at least I HOPE! I also want a First Order expansion at some point, but I guess they gotta go through the original trilogy first. :/
NinjaMailman
Elzeep Psychologist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:25 pm

NinjaMailman wrote:I don't have the Outer Rim expansion. You season passer's got it like two weeks early. Razz April 5th I think is when it's available to everybody. There was a base game update with the Hutt Contracts and stuff, so I got that, but whatever. Personally, I can't stand the T21 or the T21B. I don't like sniping, and the rate of fire is horrible for close quarter fighting. I'm growing somewhat fond of the DLT-19x (or whatever it's called), though. Razz

Chewbacca's coming, I'm sure. I'd expect him to be in either the Bespin or Death Star expansions coming soon. Or at least I HOPE! I also want a First Order expansion at some point, but I guess they gotta go through the original trilogy first. :/
First Order expansion won't happen. The main focus is on the original trilogy for this title, Jakku was just promotional stuff for the film.
Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaMailman on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:48 pm

Dude. Way to crush a gamer's dream. Rolling Eyes You're probably right, though. Razz
NinjaMailman
Elzeep Psychologist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:06 am

Found proof, https://www.vg247.com/2016/01/30/star-wars-battlefront-no-the-force-awakens/

I'd say the next game which would be 2017 or 2018 could have something though they might decide to do the clone wars instead.
Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:10 am

They'll probably do a Battlefront for each trilogy, knowing EA. They like to milk things for every penny it's worth, so I would expect them to drag this out quite a bit. And if they wait two years to release the next one, then they can make a 7-9 trilogy Battlefront and release it right when they finish this trilogy. I have a feeling Rey is gonna be a freaking awesome Jedi by the next movie, so playing her in the game should be great. Razz
RandomEncounter
This Rank Is Better Than Yours

Lego ID : You can probably guess.
Humor : "Please enjoy the annual Aegis Tower Fireworks, Explosives, and Concussive Blasts display. Remember, do not, at any point, no matter how aggressive the display, declare any point in the display, "The Finale," as Aegis Tower will likely take this as a challenge." --SAYER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:45 pm

Fond as I am of the Disney trilogy (or saga?...not sure how far they'll go), I really hope the next EA Battlefront game is based on the Clone Wars. I like the Old School Star Wars and all, but some of my favorite playable characters--like Yoda, Grievous, Dooku, and Windu--were Clone Wars era, and I would be mighty disappointed in EA if they didn't include a Clone Wars game.
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:31 pm

Professor Genki wrote:They'll probably do a Battlefront for each trilogy, knowing EA. They like to milk things for every penny it's worth, so I would expect them to drag this out quite a bit. And if they wait two years to release the next one, then they can make a 7-9 trilogy Battlefront and release it right when they finish this trilogy. I have a feeling Rey is gonna be a freaking awesome Jedi by the next movie, so playing her in the game should be great. Razz
I'd say we can safely assume battlefront 2 is 2017 release, DICE are working on a battlefield for this year and the new mirror's edge so that at least means we can rule out a yearly game thankfully. I'd say it's three year development cycle with 2 in 2017 and 3 in 2019.
Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by legocrazy505 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:52 pm

I didn't really like it I much prefer Battlefront 2.
legocrazy505
Phase 1 Assimilation
Phase 1 Assimilation

Lego ID : Legocrazy505

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XP on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:14 pm

So, they're making a 4th... I mean 2nd one now.
XP
Insane & Alive

Lego ID : I forget.
Humor : later

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:23 pm

I think it looks like it could actually live up to the name this time, just got to hope their ideas are executed properly.
Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top