LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Star Wars Battlefront (3)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Star Wars Battlefront (3)

Post by Admiral Kojan on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Nope, it's being developed by DICE and published by EA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Battlefront_(2015_video_game)

Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : AndrewJC248 | Kojan Riktan
Humor : The Deviants may have their PsiTech, true, but we have Novalith cannons.

View user profile http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:19 am

Chucky wrote:Roddy, you would have the answer I'm looking for. Razz

Is it true that it's being developed by .. Was it "DICE LA"?

Idk something I heard about it being developed by the guys behind MoH:W...

*shivers*

Razz
DICE LA aren't making any games, they will be making DLC of bf4 according to DICE but we still don't know for sure what exactly they are doing there. DICE Stockholm make the games so they are making battlefront, battlefield, mirrors edge etc.

Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile http://www.elitelygamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Thu May 08, 2014 11:28 am

I didn't really want to make a new post and double post but this news deserves a bump I suppose.

EA have confirmed at a recent meeting with shareholders/investors that Star Wars: Battlefront will be shown at E3. I would expect maybe some gameplay demo during their conference and possibly (though unlikely) a playable demo for press. Definitely 100% though we will get a proper trailer.

Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by Bone-Appeteet on Thu May 08, 2014 12:21 pm

YES.

*fist bumping commences*

I just hope DICE has enough time to complete the game, because you know how EA <3's deadlines.

EA and dead-lines
sitting in a tree

K-I-S-S-
I-N-G

EM, MANLY MAN OF MAN

Bone-Appeteet
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : not Bone-Appeteet for sure O_O
Humor : I say a lot of funny things, but I can never remember what they are...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Thu May 08, 2014 9:27 pm

I can't wait for SWBF3 to come out!
Bone: ROFL!

Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Lego ID : arwin,arwin1,arwin2
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XP on Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:03 pm

I dug so far into the dirt to pull this up.

The game releases sometimes in Q4 (around Christmas time I think) this year according to DICE or EA; whichever said it.
That's all I have to say.

XP
Insane & Alive

Lego ID : I forget.
Humor : later

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariklego on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:12 am

I was just wondering how SW: Battlefront was doing yesterday... Razz

Sweet! Very Happy (We gotta wait that long?? Ehh, never mind, I guess if they take all that time to make a good game I'll be plenty happy... Razz)

I'm curious what they'll do for it, though. This is actually one game that I really hope they make multiplayer-focused.
Battlefront's campaign was never the focus of the game nor a very worthwhile element, and considering how the campaigns of most of the big FPS games have turned out lately I'm not terribly optimistic that it'd be any better. And anyway there's plenty of more story-oriented SW games out there already. Razz

Well, I'm still very, very excited for this game. Let's hope it turns out well. Razz

Ariklego
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

Lego ID : ariklego
Humor : The majority of fruit species have comparable aerodynamic properties to the genus Musa when hurled or otherwise propelled through a standard earth-like atmosphere. Buzz buzz.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zint Fazer on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:54 am

In an interview with the Battlefront's Design Director (Niklas Fegraeus), it was mentioned that they specifically made certain maps cater to certain game modes. So basically, some maps are created with a certain game mode in mind, which I find to be pretty cool.

Zint Fazer
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Lego ID : rezaFtinZ (But backwards)
Humor : I make funny jokes.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XP on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:56 am

Well, DICE has been making a lot of games Multiplayer focused. So, I don't see why they wouldn't.

XP
Insane & Alive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:36 pm

I'm going to guess we'll finally see gameplay at this year's GDC in March. DICE tend to do this with their Battlefield titles, though EA and Disney may want Battlefront's hype to compliment the hype around the film.

Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by XP on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:28 pm

I don't think Disney is having anything to do with Battlefront.

XP
Insane & Alive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:26 am

Luigi wrote:I don't think Disney is having anything to do with Battlefront.
They will probably have some input into the marketing though. There is no benefit for Disney or EA to have two entirely different marketing campaigns. EA will no doubt work closely with Disney to ensure the game sells because of the film and the core fans.

Last edited by Roddy15 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:26 am

JK guys, they're replacing all the SW characters with Disney princesses. THANKS DISNEY.

RandomEncounter
This Rank Is Better Than Yours

Lego ID : You can probably guess.
Humor : "Please enjoy the annual Aegis Tower Fireworks, Explosives, and Concussive Blasts display. Remember, do not, at any point, no matter how aggressive the display, declare any point in the display, "The Finale," as Aegis Tower will likely take this as a challenge." --SAYER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:48 pm

I know this is bring back a dead topic but the beta has been out for the weekend (until October 13th) so I thought I'd just revive it to tell people that you can play a limited beta until then. I tried playing it an hour ago or so and the servers were pretty much done with all the people so I gave up playing after several extremely laggy games.

The game it's self is basically a SW FPS and that's pretty much it. Nothing overly special about it and it's kind of got the barebones feel of games like CS GO which is good and bad. From what we can play, it just seems like it's lacking any creativity other than the SW content being really, really good. 

The audio, graphics and presentation is amazing and the physics and mechanics are on par with any DICE game. That's kind of where the praise ends though.

The survival is basically glorified waves of AI, on normal it's not much of a challenge. Spilt screen in the beta just causes the game to crash on PS4. 

The online gamemodes are rather basic and lacking. Drop Pods is basically a domination gamemode with randomly placed objectives. The battle of Hoth then while utterly breathtaking is a one sided affair where you'll end up getting the deja vu feeling after a few games.

Now my expectations of the game is it would be a brilliant DICE game and it is, but I would have hoped they'd have more to offer. It just seems leaving out a single player campaign hasn't really benefited at all. The game is just a marketing tool for the movie by the looks of things which is a shame.

Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by Zint Fazer on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:08 pm

The game is awesome. Razz 
Absolutely awesome. Razz 

*would provide detailed reasons but low battery*

My personal review is coming later Razz

Zint Fazer
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Lego ID : rezaFtinZ (But backwards)
Humor : I make funny jokes.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariklego on Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:09 pm

My review:

...Sufficient, I think? Razz

Ariklego
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

Lego ID : ariklego
Humor : The majority of fruit species have comparable aerodynamic properties to the genus Musa when hurled or otherwise propelled through a standard earth-like atmosphere. Buzz buzz.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:07 pm

To be honest I'll try and wait for a premium edition or complete edition. The game might be finished then since DICE are at least good with clean ups.

Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:46 pm

From what I've seen, this Battlefront doesn't try or claim to be anything revolutionary; they just wanted a solid FPS with some new elements here and there to shake things up, with a great Star Wars feel to it. I've watched some gameplay videos, and I'm very impressed with the game, particularly the soundscape: it's amazing how changing some simple things like engine noises and firearm reports can completely alter how the game feels, but this FEELS like you're plopped into the middle of a Star Wars movie, which I think is the main goal of this game. Sure, there's nothing totally crazy that no FPS has ever done before, but everything seems to be fairly polished, balanced, and Star Wars-y. Also the death animations are pretty great. Razz 

I wish I had the computer to feel confident in investing in this game, but I wouldn't want to spend money on a game that I know I won't get the most out of.

RandomEncounter
This Rank Is Better Than Yours

Lego ID : You can probably guess.
Humor : "Please enjoy the annual Aegis Tower Fireworks, Explosives, and Concussive Blasts display. Remember, do not, at any point, no matter how aggressive the display, declare any point in the display, "The Finale," as Aegis Tower will likely take this as a challenge." --SAYER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XP on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:22 pm

Those system requirements though.

16 GB of ram? DICE plz

"recommends R9 290"
I still got 50-60 FPS on an R9 280X on a mix of high/ultra settings.

XP
Insane & Alive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaMailman on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:44 am

I preordered it the day before it was released, and have been playing it quite a bit. It's REALLY fun.

NinjaMailman
Elzeep Psychologist

Humor : *Awkward silence*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XP on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:58 am

I already bought Fallout 4 a couple of weeks ago so I'm gonna wait a bit before paying $110 (gonna get season pass with it)

XP
Insane & Alive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:11 pm

Professor Genki wrote:From what I've seen, this Battlefront doesn't try or claim to be anything revolutionary; they just wanted a solid FPS with some new elements here and there to shake things up, with a great Star Wars feel to it. I've watched some gameplay videos, and I'm very impressed with the game, particularly the soundscape: it's amazing how changing some simple things like engine noises and firearm reports can completely alter how the game feels, but this FEELS like you're plopped into the middle of a Star Wars movie, which I think is the main goal of this game. Sure, there's nothing totally crazy that no FPS has ever done before, but everything seems to be fairly polished, balanced, and Star Wars-y. Also the death animations are pretty great. Razz 

I wish I had the computer to feel confident in investing in this game, but I wouldn't want to spend money on a game that I know I won't get the most out of.
The problem is though and critics like Totalbiscuit will back me up here. We should expect good audio from DICE, it shouldn't be a surprise it looks and sounds good. The problem is it's got as much depth as a sheet of paper. Battlefield is a far more fully realised game. Granted it's DICE's first run at it but we shouldn't applaud a simplistic game just because it looks nice. Removing single player and then not really showing any improvement because of the lack of it is a huge problem.

We all know it was probably EA's and Disney's fault though seeing as DICE historically when given time can create very impressive titles but this is another example of why not to rush devs. We can only hope they get more time for the inevitable Battlefront 2 within the next two years.

XP wrote:I already bought Fallout 4 a couple of weeks ago so I'm gonna wait a bit before paying $110 (gonna get season pass with it)
Knowing EA it might make sense to wait for the "Premium Edition" that will no doubt get pushed out later. That's what I'll probably do since there is currently a lack of content to justify even the base game at €74.99

Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by XP on Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:20 pm

Roddy15 wrote:
XP wrote:I already bought Fallout 4 a couple of weeks ago so I'm gonna wait a bit before paying $110 (gonna get season pass with it)
Knowing EA it might make sense to wait for the "Premium Edition" that will no doubt get pushed out later. That's what I'll probably do since there is currently a lack of content to justify even the base game at €74.99
Fallout 4 and a new GPU rather, if I hadn't ordered the GPU then I'd probably buy BF3. But my 7970 is dying.

XP
Insane & Alive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:37 pm

Hey everyone.

Got a question for those of you who play the new Battlefront online, particularly for PS4.

My online games have been pretty choppy over the past couple days. Like, I'll be shooting at someone, and then suddenly, POOF! they disappear and reappear in another spot. And when I'm running alongside my fellow soldiers, they do the same thing. It's not always a server connection problem because there have been a number of times when I've had full server connection and the game has still been choppy.

Anybody know why,, or maybe how to fix it? Also, I noticed my PS4 seems to be taking an unusually long time to download information. Never had problems like this before.

Thank'ee. Wink

Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

Lego ID : scarecrow535
Humor : Lemme ask you just one question: I THINK YOU'RE LYING!!! --A Bad Lawyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:51 pm

If it's not an issue that has happened often I would assume it's just the yearly struggles of the PlayStation Network, Xbox Live and other networks. Probably will sort it's self out after New Years when people are back working fully or back to school.

Last edited by Roddy15 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Roddy15
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top