LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Alien_Ant2's PMG Gun Database (Update 008)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alien_Ant2's PMG Gun Database (Update 008)

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:38 pm

I guess these are models, but if not then feel free to move it to the off-topic section.

This is where I will post all of my PMG guns (pimpmygun's, a gun designing site found at pimpmygun.doctornoob.com), along with short descriptions and stats. I only have time atm to post one, but I will be posting more and more very soon. Some of these guns I hope to use in RPGs and/or make lego versions of for use in the PPT, PCG, YSI, ETC, and so on. Razz Alot of the info and stats and stuff if subject to change without notice. Please also pardon me if I write the descriptions as if their were already PPT weapons and not just general weapons. Razz But their variability still stands.

Oh yeah, and I shamelessly copied and pasted Kojan's weapons info areas into here to use for my guns (eg. different info, but same types of info, such as weight, caliber, etc.). Razz

Oh, and Rounds per Second is not cyclic or anything, it's the actual number of rounds fire in a single second.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assault Rifles
AR-1 (#1)

This is my first gun, and will probably become one of Ant's main weapons. I really like it alot, though I just realized I forgot something on it from the first time I made it, in which I forgot the pistol grip. Razz It's pretty much just a basic AR with a laser and range finder, holo sight, and a couple different settings on the holo-sight itself, such as zooming in, thermal vision, night vision, and displaying range to target. It also has an under-slung grenade launcher and an integrated silencer (though I may rotate that in and out, since I like a good BaNG! when my guns go off. Razz ) It also, in classic PPT fashion, shoots energized plasma bullets (solid bullets energized with plasma and/or other energies). If the power for the plasma/energy runs dry, it can just shoot bullets, if the bullets run out, it can function as an energy AR. It also can use a chemical reaction (normal bullets) or an electromagnetic accelerator. Unlike many electromagnetic railguns, not only do PPT railguns pull the projectile forward with the magnets ahead of it, but the ones behind it use the opposite pole to push it forward as well. With the electromagnetic accelerators the speed of the bullet can also be varried, so a farther shot=more power, but for a quiet shot that needs to not have the loud "CRAcK!" of the bullet breaking the sound barrier would have a far less speed, and range.

Info:
Weight: 5.8 lbs
Cartridge: 15mm
Action: Semi/Full-Auto (variable ROF)
Propulsion: Electromagnetic Accelerator/Chemical Reaction
Rate of Fire: 8 Rounds/Second.
Muzzle Velocity: 300-1,146 Meters/Second
Effective Range: 960M
Feed System: 40 Round Box Magazine
Sights: Holo (standard), other

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AR-2 (#2)

The AR-2 also includes ESIP technology (Energy/Solid Interchangeable Projectile), but not as high-advanced as the AR-1. It does not have ECIFS technology however (Electro-magnetic/Chemical Interchangeable Firing System). Instead of electro-magnetic technology, which is not as reliable or always as powerful (without adding a ton of weight), it uses plain old chemicals for propulsion, which is much louder (obviously). If only energy (usually plasma) is used it is propelled by compressing it in the firing chamber before releasing it. Otherwise the bullets are simply charged with plasma prior to being fired. The chemicals are completely self-contained in their reaction, meaning they don't need oxygen to fire. When the hammer strikes the firing pin it shoves one chemical into the other one at which point they react and propel the bullet forward. The AR-2 also has four rails, one with a grenade launcher usually attached and another with a holo sight. It's bull-pup design makes it much shorter and easier to handle while still having a longer barrel for greater accuracy. It's designed for urban conflicts where over-penetration, easy-handling, and multiple rounds are all important factors. As such it fires a slower, larger, shorter-flying projectile with a high rounds per second.

Info:
Weight: 6.7lbs
Cartridge: 15
Action: Semi/Full-Auto
Propulsion: Chemical Reaction
Rate of Fire: 5 Rounds/Second.
Muzzle Velocity: 900 Meters/Second
Effective Range: 680M
Sights: Holo (standard), other

AR-3 (#7)

The AR-3 is a weapon designed specifically for frozen terrains. It uses primarily electro-magnets to load, fire, and eject spent casings. The lack of chemical propulsion means that there is a much smaller heat signature from the chemical reaction that could be easily tracked on a frozen terrain in a number of ways. It has few moving parts, but does include a laser targeter and a RHAZ sight. It also has a small target designator attachment underneath for designating targets for air-strikes or artillery barrages.

Info:
Weight: 7.3lbs
Cartridge: 15mm
Action: Semi
Propulsion: Electro-Magnetic
Rate of Fire: N/A
Muzzle Velocity: 790 Meters/Second
Effective Range: 620M
Sights: RHAZ (standard), iron sights (incorporated), other

AR-4 (#8 )

BoOM! Battle-Rifle/Shotgun combo! MOAR FIREPOWAH!

Sub-Machine Guns
SMG-1 (#5)

This is the standard sub-machinegun for the PPT Atnlay forces. It is designated as a secondary weapon after a primary (AR) and special weapon (MG, HW, Sniper, Tech, ETC; for more information see the PPT 5-man fireteam), but in some cases it may itself be used as a primary weapon. The SGM-1's design focuses on three things: Reliability, High-Volume Fire, and Stopping Power. Aside from the PPT's pistols it is one of the most reliable guns ever made, made to take being flung in explosions, batter against metal, shot-up, frozen and re-heated, and filled with all sorts of grime. It has an incredibly simple build for it's class and abilities. It uses either a chemical propellant cartridge or a "power cartridge", that is, one which power's the bullet with energy, allowing for a energy/solid round combo popular with PPT munitions. Both magnetic accelerators and the hammer work at the same time, which means that despite whatever munition you have it should still fire. It also saves the need to remember to switch a selector for actions between chemical or magnetic propulsion. Thus, in the event of the electromagnets failing for some reason, the gun is still operable. It also is designed for a high-rate of fire, from where most of it's stopping power comes from, but it also fires a larger bullet and more powerful cartridge than many submachine guns, allowing for greater one-hit stopping power. The crude mechanics inside the gun do not optimize firing power, or many things on the gun for that reason, but they are still powerful and effective and make the gun much field-strip, fix, and allows it to take more abuse. The less complicated, the less that can go wrong. SMG-1s are also typically equipped with a holo sight, flashlight, and laser sight, along with a display of information about the ammo-type and how much is left on the sight. Failing those there are iron sights. It also includes a sliding stock for easy carry and different firing styles as well as a fore-grip and comfortable handle. The balancing and design of the gun also allow for it to be fire accurately one-handed. ROF is also variable in three speeds plus semi-auto.

Info:
Weight: 4.5lbs
Cartridge: 10mm
Action: Semi/Full-Auto
Propulsion: Chemical Reaction/Electro-Magnetic
Rate of Fire: 5, 20, 40 R/S
Muzzle Velocity: 500 Meters/Second
Effective Range: 360M
Sights: Holo (standard), iron sights (incorporated), other

Sniper Rifles
SR-1 (#4)

The SR-1 is a modern design for widespread use amongst snipers. It can be chambered for either a typical sniper caliber (large AR caliber, comparable to a 7.56x51 NATO) or a larger sniper caliber (comparable to a .338 lapua). It's accurate, light (for a sniper rifle), easy to operate, and powerful. It remains arguably the best all-around sniper rifle, even if others may beat it in a certain area. It's equipped with a scope with a display of range, wind speed, elevation, a target reticule for adjusting for those factors, and the amount of ammo left. The device on the bottom is a laser that measures the range, wind speed, and elevation which is imputed into the small computer. The scope will work without it, it's just better with it. It also has a night-vision option. It holds a decent amount of rounds and has a bi-pod to steady it, a comfortable and adjustable stock (with the ability to add cup-holders! [sold separately]), is semi-automatic, and had a silencer. The only potential downside is that it fires chemical propellant cartridges instead of using compressed energy or using electro-magnets, and there is no energizing of the bullets.

Info:
Weight: 10.7lbs
Cartridge: 12mm/15mm
Action: Semi-Auto
Propulsion: Chemical
Rate of Fire: 2 R/S (Rounds/Second)
Muzzle Velocity: 860 M/S / 1,300 M/S
Effective Range: 1,000M/2,000M
Sights: Smart-Scope (Standard), Bead (incorporated), other

Heavy Weapons
HW-1 (#3)

The HW-1 is a portable cannon of a gun. It uses strong electro-magnetic accelerators to fire a large slug at a target. There are many types as well, including armor-piercing, high-explosives, fragmentation, and solid. It's got a very long range as well, and little recoil due to the powerful accelerators. It's a perfect infantry weapon for anti-armor, bunker clearing, make-shift mine sweeping, or even for fighting off low-flying vehicles. It includes a laser sight that also measures distance and speed of the target and displays in on the sight. This information is also used to compute a lead indicator showing the operator where to aim. This is invaluable for shooting fast-moving targets, especially for air-targets. The sight also displays information on the number of rounds left and the type of round about to be fired. Some models will also track the round after firing, which is useful for many things including in-direct fire. As is standard with PPT sights it also includes night-vision and thermal imaging. It also can zoom in x4 with a normal red-dot sight.

In order to not ruin aim it is not semi-auto. Otherwise the action of the chambering of the next round would make the gun wobble, potentially enough to throw off aim. The bolt slide-back and lock in the rearward position after firing however (and waiting till the projectile has left the barrel) and held from chambering the next round by a simple catch. Thus after firing, all the operator has to do is press a button and the catch is released, chambering the next round. This makes the weapon much easier to operated than a giant bolt-action or trying to pull back a powerful spring to load the next round. Of course magnets could be used but those are not always as reliable. This is one of the favorite weapons. Unlike many many Atnlay weapons the HW-1 does not have the option of switching to energy projectiles after running out of solid ammo, though the ammo itself may or may not have energize itself with some form of energy for greater penetration against some targets. It is still a very potent piece of equipment.

Info:
Weight: 15.3 lbs
Cartridge: 55mm
Action: PLB
Propulsion: Electromagnetic
Rate of Fire: 1 R/S (Rounds/Second)
Muzzle Velocity: 900 Meters/Second
Effective Range: 1,400M
Sights: Zoom-Dot

Handguns
P-1 (#6)

The P-1 is designed as a last resort weapon. It focuses on easy handling, stopping power, and reliability. It's made light, and doesn't have a bad kick to it if you're used to firing something around a 45, though it makes it slightly harder for follow-up shots. It does give it alot of one-hit stopping power however. It's designed with as few parts as possible (espeically moving) while still being efficient, effective, and powerful in order to reduce the chance of something breaking and making it easier to field strip. It's effective at longer ranges (in hand-gun terms) but is designed for close-range encounters. It's equipped with a flash-light and an RHAZ (Reflex Holographic Adjustable Zoom) sight as well as iron sights for backup. It fires a chemical propulsion bullet.

Info:
Weight: 1.2
Cartridge: 12mm
Action: Semi-Auto
Propulsion: Chemical
Rate of Fire: 3 R/S
Muzzle Velocity: 440 M/S
Effective Range: 110M
Sights: RHAZ

Last edited by Alien_Ant2 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:30 am; edited 15 times in total
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Lego ID : Alien_Ant2
Humor : A storm trooper and a redshirt got into a fight. The stormtrooper missed, but the redshirt died anyways.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alien_Ant2's PMG Gun Database (Update 008)

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:02 pm

Update 001 is in! Added info (almost done with it) to my first gun, and added a picture of my second gun.
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Humor : A storm trooper and a redshirt got into a fight. The stormtrooper missed, but the redshirt died anyways.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Kojan on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:10 pm

For your first guns, I must say that they're not bad! Razz

I'll only be going over the first weapon here, as you still need to add the info for the second one.

First off, I really like the back sections of the weapon; the receiver, mag, stock, rail, and attachment choices are solid, and make the weapon just feel right. Razz One thing I find intriguing is the little discs between the receiver and the RIS/RAS front end. I'm not sure how to explain it, but it's eye catching. Very Happy I also find the extraordinarily short barrel interesting, and makes it feel like a solid CQC weapon.

As for stats, I find them solid; when compared to my own weapons, both of which are longer and more bulkier, things such as the weight of your gun make sense.

Tech-wise, I like it, even if you "stole" it from me. Razz

I only have three complaints, the first being that your weapon needs a name/ designation serial number! Razz Secondly, I feel that you need to organize things out to put each weapon under a class, such as "Assault Rifles", "Shotguns", "Rifles", etc. My final complaint would be that I find the ability of the weapon to use multiple firing types (electromagnetic accelerators, plasma, and energy) a little over-powered. I understand the different ammo types (it makes sense and we do do it today), and I understand that the multiple firing types is incredibly useful, but I still find it a little off... not sure why. Razz

Overall, I'm very impressed, and I'm looking forward to more of your work! Very Happy
Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : AndrewJC248 | Kojan Riktan
Humor : The Deviants may have their PsiTech, true, but we have Novalith cannons.

View user profile http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:00 pm

I'm going to name them with basic serial designations, but since I havent decided what they're going to be for or which group or whatever. Razz As such, some of the stats will change as well between groups, especially if I use one gun for multiple groups. I'm also eventually going to organize them. Razz

As for the multiple firing types, its a redundancy thing I've been planning for a long time. If you run ot of bullets, use plasma (or whatever other energy type the gun has), typically thats as far as guns will go, using only one propulsion system, but the first gun is special, A.N.T. likes lots of features and redundancy, hence both chemical and electromagnetic propulsion systems.

Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:12 pm

So far, so awesome! I don't have time to post detailed thoughts right now, but I'll add some later Razz
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : dino272727
Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:44 pm

Update 002 is up, I would have posted another gun and the stats for the AR-2, but I got highly distracted by a anti-gun article and the pro-gun replies while looking up something for the Rounds Per Minute. Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:35 pm

Update 004 is up! I've almost finished the stats for the HW-1, I just need to fix the muzzle velocity (forgot that part :$) and finished the desciption. I've also added the picture for the first SMG! Very Happy MOAR FIREPOWAH!
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:59 pm

Update 006 is up! Added info on the sniper rifle and added a picture of my first handgun! Update 005 was up for those who noticed by I didn't post here letting them know that (but it was in the title). That's when I added teh sniper rifle and finished the SMG's stuff.

EDIT: Added info for the pistol and fixed some BBC text coding issues. Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top