LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

End of PC Gaming

View previous topic View next topic Go down

End of PC Gaming

Post by Gravity Rush on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:30 pm

OK Pardon the obvious answer to the title, but a "friend" of mine was saying how with the Steam BOX and the NEW PlayStation and "Xbox 720" PC Gaming will bow to consoles.

this got me thinking, what, if anything, would end PC gaming?

personally i don't think anything short of a Nuclear Apocalypse's EMP would end PC gaming.

what does the general opinion of the internet say?

Last edited by Gravity Rush on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling... sorry terrible speller alert)
Gravity Rush
Phase 2 Assimilation
Phase 2 Assimilation

Humor : anyhting imature or sakesperian. and all of shakespear is basicly a big imature joke soooo :3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: End of PC Gaming

Post by World's Richest Merchant on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:25 pm

This is what I get sick of: People feel that playing on consoles and playing on PC has to have some sort of HUGE divide just because it's PC or console. There's advantages and disadvantages to both. Neither one will ever truly phase out the other.

The PC will most likely NOT be phased out, even with all of these new consoles coming in. For these reasons:

1: PCs overall have the ability to be upgraded relatively easy. As technology upgrades, you can simply improve parts on your computer, and in most cases, if you choose the right parts, it'll run a heck of a lot better than a console would, on the same games.

2: You're generally able to find a lot more convenience with PCs, due to compatibility settings, various adjustments that can be made, and whatnot. Plus, you can change graphics settings so if your computer isn't quite "top of the line", you can still play newer games. If I tried to play Halo 4 on a normal Xbox? Or Metroid Prime Trilogy on a Nintendo 64? It just simply wouldn't work, I'd have to buy an entirely new console. While I can just simply UPGRADE the PC to meet the requirements of the game, or run the game in a lower graphics setting so that I can still play it.

3: PCs generally have the better online multiplayer. No matchmaking (except in a few games), all dedicated servers that you can selectively choose.

4: If you're a graphics lover, PCs can generally run a game at a higher resolution than that of a console.

5: PCs are more open to modding communities, as, after all, video games and mods themselves are made on PCs.

6: A PC will generally last longer.

Now, for consoles. A few of the advantages with PC gaming I could see being met by a console just as easily, specifically, 3, and 4.

Advantages to console gaming:

1: The machine is pretty much already built to standards for gaming, so you don't really have to worry about upgrading anything if you're not that great at upgrading, or otherwise feel uneasy about it.

2: Consoles generally have large gaming communities, however this isn't much of an advantage as the PC has Steam.

3: Consoles can sometimes have more fluid control, as they use the much more simplistic controller. While the keyboard and mouse is quite simple for a good deal of games, some games can be a bit more complex on the PC.

So, basically, from my point of view, the PC is more ideal for people who just want to get the most out of playing games, and have a long-lasting, reliable system. While consoles are more ideal for people who are really into gaming communities and simplicity. One will never out-class the other, both will last as long as gaming does.

Last edited by Pikmin0207 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

||
=LM=
||
||
World's Richest Merchant
TOATUBBY
TOATUBBY

Lego ID : Pikmin0207
Humor : Time is money, but you can always get more of the latter!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravity Rush on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:42 pm

i wholly agree, as well to the fact that some games just wouldnt work on the opposite platform

example
star craft on Console? NOPE
or
Sports games(minus racing games)
[not the best example, but its one

Phase 2 Assimilation

Humor : anyhting imature or sakesperian. and all of shakespear is basicly a big imature joke soooo :3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRunedEXP on Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:57 pm

For the example of Starcraft, for it to work on consoles, you would have to make the universal gameplay speed be Normal maybe even Slow, rather than Faster from PC, and you would have to use the universal "thumbstick in this direction + A to produce something" from Halo Wars and other games.

For some games, the controls just simply don't work, but you could ALWAYS create controllers for specific games. They made

Arcade Sticks for Fighting Games

Racing Wheels for Racing Games

Controllers for Platform games (sometimes the controller is better than arcade sticks, like Awesomenauts for X360/PS3).

Even KBM converters for PC gamers on Xbox and PS3 (I have one. Its definitely worth it.)

You get my point by now. Technically, all games COULD be universal, it just requires more controllers to make it work.

But with this in mind, some people could make the arguement that "You wouldn't have the need for all those controllers on a PC" garbage that I get all the time.

I'm going to be honest, Racing Games and some Platformers are bad for me on KBM, and half FPS and TPS games are bad on controller for me. It's all their personal preference and what works for them.

Theres also the idea that online experience on consoles are mostly fair because everyone is using the SAME HARDWARE. For an example of uneven playing fields, I'm playing SC2 on a $300 computer. My FPS rating is pretty bad. If it worked on consoles, everyone would have the same hardware and the person with best skill and not the best hardware would win. Arguably, Consoles are of a more even playing field than PCs, minus connection speed.

It's mostly preference, but PC gaming is just a little more expensive than console gaming. A lot more expensive if you're a teen like I am.
TheRunedEXP
Phase 1 Assimilation
Phase 1 Assimilation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top