LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Heroica Sketches

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Heroica Sketches

Post by Flipz on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:05 am

Legonater knows who this is, and I expect Em will, too, within a few days. Razz This is a test sketch I just made to see if I could pull off a particular concept. Since I never joined the LEA back in the Creation Lab days, I suppose I can make up for it by using this as an entry submission? Smile

I'm actually looking for a bit of help; I drew this, thinking I could use it as a base to create Ace Attorney-style "sprites" so I can animate the characters in the Quest I plan on hosting soon.

And then I realized that I'm just not the person to do this. Razz The sketch looks alright, but 1.) just this took me WAY too long, and 2.) once I got it into the computer, I just couldn't manage to trace it properly, and I don't even KNOW where to go for multiple frames/animation. (I do know that the eyes and mouth are drawn separately from the other elements and composited together only in the final animation, but that's not exactly helpful for animating the body itself. Razz )

So, I'm asking for help. Please keep in mind, I'll need 20-30 characters, and I'll need a fairly wide array of "emotions" for them. I'll also need a VERY rapid response time, as I'm planning to get this Quest up within the next 6 weeks. If anyone's interested, please post here, and I'll PM you more details, including a link to a bunch of Ace Attorney sprites that show off the general style (I'd just post an example image, but the site doesn't allow hotlinking of individual images and I don't remember if we're allowed to post links to outside websites here).

Flipz
Phase 2 Assimilation
Phase 2 Assimilation

Lego ID : flipz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heroica Sketches

Post by World's Richest Merchant on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:20 am

Is he supposed to be fat? Razz

Nice drawing, btw. Razz

It also somewhat (don't know if it's just me) looks like he's stabbing himself in the heart with that knife. I think it's just the angle, and the overall shape and shortness of the knife though. xD

||
=LM=
||
||
World's Richest Merchant
TOATUBBY
TOATUBBY

Lego ID : Pikmin0207
Humor : Time is money, but you can always get more of the latter!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flipz on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:47 pm

He doesn't have a heart, he left Triad to die It's a Heroica knife-piece, which (if you've ever owned one) is decidedly shorter and blunter than an average LEGO dagger, and I kind of stink at drawing inanimate objects anyway. Razz
Flipz
Phase 2 Assimilation
Phase 2 Assimilation

Lego ID : flipz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:52 pm

Ok, nice drawing Very Happy ! But, his hands look a litttle to small, look at a lego fig, and study it. But I think that is the only thing I'm really seeing right now, I think your gonna need to make the hands bigger.

I hope this helped. Smile
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Lego ID : arwin,arwin1,arwin2
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aokpisz on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:14 am

Pretty good.
Its a tad fat. Razz
Aokpisz
Crazy
Crazy

Lego ID : Aokpisz
Humor : Okay. Honestly. I have no humor. None. Nada. Big Fat Goose Egg. And by reading this, you are scummbing to reverse psychology.

View user profile http://legomessageboards.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top