LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Superdude's Art

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Superdude's Art

Post by Tater on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:08 pm

Ah Razz I see Razz
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Lego ID : arwin,arwin1,arwin2
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:08 pm

So, I have some new drawing thingies. A friend dragged me into drawing a bunch of things, so I figured I may as well post a few of them here. Not all that great, really, but I've never drawn anything before in earnest, so I guess they aren't too bad, either. xD

My dog, Sara. Or, more generically, a golden retriever. xD

Spoiler:

One of my favorite books (or book series), "Ender's Game." No, it's not upside down. Razz 

Spoiler:

My favorite TV show. This one is pretty simple, but I was in a hurry, and I've always wanted to draw Perry anyway. xD

Spoiler:

One of my favorite movies... I based it on a fairly famous poster, except I didn't really finish it because of camp this week. I'll probably finish it at a later date, at which point I'll repost it. Razz

Spoiler:

I was supposed to draw "a turning point in your life." So I did.

Spoiler:

My favorite plant!

Spoiler:

Also it didn't rotate some of them for some reason. So if it bothers you too much, just save the pictures, open it, and rotate it yourself. Razz

Aaaand yeah that's it. xD If anyone actually reads this, critiques are welcomed, because I'd like to someday be less terrible. Razz
RandomEncounter
This Rank Is Better Than Yours

Lego ID : You can probably guess.
Humor : "Please enjoy the annual Aegis Tower Fireworks, Explosives, and Concussive Blasts display. Remember, do not, at any point, no matter how aggressive the display, declare any point in the display, "The Finale," as Aegis Tower will likely take this as a challenge." --SAYER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cracken on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:48 pm

Dude fun. IDK how to art so I can't say much but yeah. Razz

PERRYYYYYYYYYY

Turning point. xD

[23:24:10] @ Em : I'd be the man, but I look stellar in an apron.

Queen of Bunnies wrote:Crackers is the center of a twinkie reality. Razz
The Cracken
Teletubby Admin
Teletubby Admin

Lego ID : crackers5
Humor : Anything is possible when you smell like Emjajoas and not a lady. I'm on Elzeep.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:27 am

I don't really art either,believe me. These are basically terrible. xD

My friend wanted to smack me for the turning point. Razz
RandomEncounter

Humor : "Please enjoy the annual Aegis Tower Fireworks, Explosives, and Concussive Blasts display. Remember, do not, at any point, no matter how aggressive the display, declare any point in the display, "The Finale," as Aegis Tower will likely take this as a challenge." --SAYER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:56 pm

I LOVE that sketch of Sara, especially the way you did her eye and ear!

LOL to the humour in your favourite plant and the turning point. Razz
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Location : Down that dirt road you always drive by, one mile out, second house on the left.
Lego ID : Dalu50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:38 pm

But is the drawing good? And what can I do better? xD

Is it so bad you're afraid to give me actual critique? xD
RandomEncounter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyred on Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:07 pm

The enemy gate is down.  Razz

Elgo the Conqueror wrote:I have an army.

Johnnyred wrote:We have an Arnold.

[00:25:16] @ Em : Alright. Let's change my profile pic to be manlier~~~
Johnnyred
Fan-of-All-Sorts-of-Stuff-That-You've-Never-Heard-of-Guy

Lego ID : Johnnyred
Humor : Star Trek + Space Battleship Yamato/Dr. Who = 42

View user profile http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Johnnyred

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:28 pm

Which book was your favorite, Jred?
RandomEncounter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyred on Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:29 pm

So far, Ender's Game itself, though I'm working my way through them still, and the Earth Trilogy seems really cool.  Also, in case you didn't know, Card is working on two new Enderverse series.

Johnnyred

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:40 pm

Great jobs on Sara, not really sure what to say to help, cause I don't draw dogs much Razz 

The enders game one was interesting, might wanna add some shape to the arms Smile 

Perry was done very nice, he looks sweet  

Star Wars Drawing is good, like the enders game might wanna fill Lea's arms/legs out some but the cloths are really awesome!

Turning point is just plan funny and cool Smile 

The money tree, love it! Though on the roots, ya might wanna start the roots a little higher up the tree. Idk.

I hope that helps Smile
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:58 pm

Jred-- Seriously? Awesome! Those should be epic. Though I'm a little bit disappointed in Card after the Ender's Game movie atrocity, I'm totally open to his redeeming himself through some new books. xD My favorite is Ender's Game, as well, though one of the Shadow books (I forget which one) is a close second.

Zyph-- thanks! What do you mean "add shape", exactly? I'm not contradicting you, I'm just wondering-- do you mean they're too skinny? Or they're at strange angles? As for Leia, I actually think her legs are a little bit TOO big, at least in the thigh area. It was a lot easier to draw her arms/legs than Luke's, because of the smoother, more defined lines. I actually had a lot of trouble with Luke's pants, and again in a later drawing involving pants. xD I think the main areas of terribleness in the SW one is Leia's hair, Luke's head, and the fact that it's unfinished. xD

I'm glad you like Turning Point/Favorite Tree, though! I'll definitely try the higher roots, they looked awkward to me and I couldn't figure out why. Wink
RandomEncounter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaMailman on Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:10 pm

The ender books is one of my favorite series ever. Speaker for the Dead and Children of the Mind are my favorites. I didn't know he was writing more, though I haven't even read some of the other series. Very Happy
NinjaMailman
Elzeep Psychologist

Humor : *Awkward silence*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyred on Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:27 pm

Please allow me to expound upon your knowledge of the Enderverse.  The series is split up by several miniseries (but I assume you already knew that)

Ender Saga:
Ender's Game
Ender in Exile
Speaker for the Dead
Xenocide
Children of the Mind
First Meetings
A War of Gifts: An Ender Story

Shadow Saga:
Ender's Shadow
Shadow of the Hegemon
Shadow Puppets
Shadow of the Giant
Shadows in Flight
Shadows Alive

First Formic War:
Earth Unaware
Earth Afire
Earth Awakens

Second Formic War:  (Still in the writing process)
The Swarm
The Hive
The Queens

Fleet School Saga: (Announced by Card, no books officially announced)

Outside of this, several companion books and graphic novels have been made for the series as well.

Johnnyred

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:00 pm

Drew: By shape, I mean one: fill them out a little, two: if you look at peoples arms, usualy their upper arm is slightly bigger round then their wrist. You've kinda got that down, just need to make it a little wider Wink 
As for her legs, I see what you mean, you might make her calves and shins alil wider. 

Does that help some? Smile
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:33 am

Yes, thanks. xD
RandomEncounter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bone-Appeteet on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:44 am

Supe wrote:I've never drawn anything before in earnest.

LIES.

Sara (golden retriever):

Great job in general. Proportions, shapes, etc. I don't know how you drew a dog that well having never drawn anything before in earnest. I can't draw a dog half as well as that. xD

Ender's Game:

Again, proportions are great. Razz
I, also, hate hands. Razz
His hand stretches really wide at the fingers to show their full "trunks" or whatever you call the very beginnings of fingers, when really, from this angle, the pinky and the ring finger would probably be partially hidden.

Agent P, you look stunning.

Star Wars poster:

Yeah, no, I really don't believe you now. Razz

Amazing job. The Star Wars logo, the people in fairly complex poses, everything is just really good. Can't wait to see your finished version. Wink

Also.

-
It looks like Luke is going to slash Leia because his lightsaber is cut out of view. xD

Turning Point:

*points at you* You sly dog, you...

This scene was rather complicated, because you added a lot of depth to it. You did pretty well at trying to figure out how things would look, but it's not quite right.

Look at the curb on the right. It should get wider as it gets "closer" to the viewer at the bottom of the page. The house and the street also look like you drew them using different vanishing points.

I think I see some grid lines in the lawn, but I'm not quite sure. Razz  Either way, grid lines are super super super helpful when drawing a scene like this. You should start out by drawing a horizon line, which is just a horizontal line. Don't hate me if you already know this, just skip over it. Razz  For some reason, it's pleasing to humans when objects rest on lines that divide the page into thirds. This is called the rule of thirds. Placing your horizon line a third or two thirds of the way down the page is a safe place to put it; however, you can put it wherever you want. It's not guaranteed awesomeness or horribleness. Just a good starting place, I guess.

ANYWAY, then you should pick a vanishing point. Just put a dot on the horizon line. From there, you can draw straight lines out from it to create a plane to work on. You, obviously, already have a sense of what things look like- sinceyou can see... and are obviously "slightly" (very) talented at observing and drawing. So you showed the street as getting wider at the bottom by drawing the two curbs as getting further away from each other. If you were to take a ruler and draw a straight line following the angle of the left curb and then drew another straight line following the angle of the right curb, you would come to a point (that looks like it'd be off the page) where your vanishing point would be. Now if you drew a straight line continuing the bottom of the side of the house upward, you'd notice that it wouldn't meet the other two lines at a point. It'd cross over them. Because the house is supposed to be perpendicular to the street, the bottom of the side of the house would be parallel. And when drawing from perspective, parallel edges don't cross when extended to the vanishing point.

I probably did a horrible job of explaining that and totally messed up your perspective drawing. Just look up tutorials on vanishing points. Razz

Favorite Plant:

I will pay for seeds. Razz

CONTINUE DRAWING. YOU ARE SUPER TALENTED. DON'T LET IT GO TO YOUR HEAD.

LOVE,

SINCERELY,

GOODBYE,

BONE
Bone-Appeteet
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : not Bone-Appeteet for sure O_O
Humor : I say a lot of funny things, but I can never remember what they are...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:08 am

Dude thanks, helpful advice is helpful. xD *takes everything you said into consideration and will apply it to next drawings, without taking the time to further comment here because words are hard*

Keep in mind that this isn't freehand-- I didn't say, "Hmm. I want to draw a dog!" and then think of a dog and draw what was in my head. For Sara, Ender's Game, the SW Poster, and the Money Tree, I used pictures (or live models in Sara's case) and based a lot of the proportions off of those. I didn't trace or anything, but yeah. xD But the Turning Point was from MY OWN FACE-BRAIN. I DID do this off the top of my head:

Spoiler:

and this one:

Spoiler:

But those were just silly little things I drew while talking to said friend. We both drew "Magic!" things because we were listening to the song "Magic" by B.O.B., and then she was like DRAW A TREE so I drew a tree. Razz Later I added "Deep roots are not reached by the frost" on the bottom to trick people into thinking I drew it with some sort of meaning or purpose--WAIT I MEAN IT'S DEEP AND MEANINGFUL. I CRIED WHILE DRAWING IT. ALSO PHILOSOPHERS.

Also more perspective drawings. These are called perspective drawings, right?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And just so you can see what they're supposed to look like, PICTURES FROM MEXICO!
I drew one of those each morning in Mexico while I was waiting for breakfast. I took the pictures later, so there's people in the way, but yeah. Razz

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

YEP. They might not be the best regarding proportion, or shading, or drawing skill, but...

...I just realized that's the end of the sentence. EM, MANLY MAN OF MAN

And I'm not lying, I seriously haven't drawn anything before. xD Like...I drew those minifigs at the beginning of this topic, and I drew a lot of doodle-y swirls and patterns on paper margins, but this is the first time I've been like I'M GONNA DRAW SOMETHING NOW and then spent literally ENTIRE DOZENS OF MINUTES of my life doing it.

ALL OF THE PICTURES ARE SIDEWAYS WHYYYYY
RandomEncounter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:14 am

DUDE! THOSE ARE AMAZING!!!!! Like really, you got talent! And you'd better keep drawing or else  Suspect Razz

Like really! Love the magic hat and bunny! DAT BUNNY is fat O_O Razz 

The tree...That... Is awesome

Those perspective drawings,very good!

Sorry, don't really have an constructive critizesm.
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:37 pm

Haha thanks Zyph! I appreciate your face.

Yeah, that bunny was the horrific result of me drawing an animal with no picture or creature to reference. xD
RandomEncounter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:39 pm

Your welcome, I'm glad my face can be appreciated Razz
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:43 pm

I think I'm going to cry.  I spent a nice chunk of time writing out a detailed critique of this new batch of pics...then before I finished it Scare had to shut down the computer suddenly and I LOST EVERYTHING. *face palm*

So I'm going to just do part of it right now and the rest tomorrow if I can. Wink

The Magic:  I really like the way you wrote out MAGIC in stars--great touch.   Had trouble reading the writing on the hat (and yes I know the pic was sideways Razz).  It's not easy to write on stuff like that and make it look like it's neatly and really written on the hat itself, but I'd work more on that.  Also the brim of the hat stretches out on the right side, making it look rather lop-sided. Razz
  Animals are NOT easy to draw without something to look at.  I've never been successful at that. Razz

The Tree: GAH! I LOVE the top cluster of branches and the slender trunk! It looks so elegant and Elvish!  I also like the gusts of wind blowing leaves about--even the gusts were drawn to fit the elegance of the tree. 
  I would say the branches on the side need some work.  They are too large at the tips and don't mould into the treetrunk at the base. Also their rigid horizontal angles take away from the grace of the upswept crown and would look more natural if they swept upward gradually themselves. Wink 
   I believe that's a thin line of dark clouds in the back, right?  That does add somewhat to the depth of the picture, but by itself is not enough to give a sense of real depth and perspective.  If you either added more the background to make the distance more real or took out the cloud line altogether to purposefully eliminate the depth suggestion, I think that would work. Wink 

*takes a breath*

Okay, I'm done for now. Razz LOL

Oh, yeah, and KEEP drawing!  The more you draw, the easier and better and more fun it becomes. Very Happy
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Location : Down that dirt road you always drive by, one mile out, second house on the left.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:51 pm

Thanks Kayla!

Well, you aren't really supposed to read the words, I meant to erase them. xD I agree about the hat brim, I'll fix that...

Clouds? I didn't put any clouds in... The bottom is the roots, and I put in the plume for the ground, if that's what you mean. The branches on one side were supposed to be dead and have the wind blowing the leaves off. It was vaguely supposed to be a coniferous tree, which have straight trunks and 90 degree limbs, but I'll try to make them a tad more elegant if I can.

Thanks for the criticism!
RandomEncounter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:52 pm

Andy,
  Wait, near the bottom of the tree's crown is a dark grey line.  Tell me it's there and you just meant it to be something else! DON'T TELL ME IT'S NOT THERE!!!! I DON'T WANT TO BE GOING BONKERS! Razz

You're welcome!

I like the little porch railing on the left side of your first perspective pic: that was well-done!   In pic #1 the perspective is pretty off in several places and it's hard for me to see what dimensions are where.  You got much better in the fountain pic, and I love the fountain and the stairs--in fact, that whole pic was quite good.  Pic #3 was good as well, and definitely better than the first. Wink
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:01 pm

No...there's no line there, unless you mean more of the wind lines. Razz

Yeah, that was my first perspective drawing, so I was sorta just guessing. The second one was a little better, but not as good as the third imo as far as scale and looking like the original. The first one might look a little better to you if you'd seen it in real life, it was really impossible (of course) to capture the view I had in a picture, since pictures have a much smaller perspective and only one focus. In the second one, the fountain is way off- I was trying so hard to get all the details of the center, with all the decorative swirls and ledges, I accidentally went WAY too high-- I cut it off as you see it, but you can see in the picture that I was only like 2/3 of the way done with the center part before I had to cap it.
RandomEncounter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:54 pm

I didn't even notice that. Razz LOL

Okay, before I commit myself to an asylum, this is what I'm referring to:

Spoiler:
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum