LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

NOTICE: RESPECT THE STAFF. - ALL USERS, PLEASE READ.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: NOTICE: RESPECT THE STAFF. - ALL USERS, PLEASE READ.

Post by James Pyotr on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Just saying, but JJS does have a point about the rules. Just because all the admins are in agreement on what the rules mean and how they are enforced (which I highly doubt is 100% true, but irrelevant), doesn't mean all us peons know the same. That's why there's written rules. Those who live in other countries might not relate to this, but in the United States, our country was founded on certain principles. One of those was that the law be written down, clearly, so there was as little "interpretation" of it as possible in order to restrict the power of the executive and judiciary. Ambiguous rules (especially if and when they aren't in the "common sense" category that most of the rules on this site are in) are much more easily broken (intentionally or not) than clearly-explained ones. I think that's what JJS was getting at. As a student of American History and early American political history, I felt compelled to point this out.
James Pyotr
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : RC_01/138
Humor : The Sci-Fi RPG. When's it gonna start up again?

View user profile http://www.bungie.net/Account/Profile.aspx?uid=8487719

Back to top Go down

Post by Aokpisz on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:06 pm

I agree. I mean, I understand that JJS may be beating a proverbial dead horse, but he has a point.
Aokpisz
Crazy
Crazy

Lego ID : Aokpisz
Humor : Okay. Honestly. I have no humor. None. Nada. Big Fat Goose Egg. And by reading this, you are scummbing to reverse psychology.

View user profile http://legomessageboards.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cracken on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:14 pm

I've felt for a while now that the rules could be condensed into a single post (rather than all these announcements and posts in the Rules topic) and organized all neat and clearly. I'll discuss this with the others and work on something that might help.

[23:24:10] @ Em : I'd be the man, but I look stellar in an apron.

Queen of Bunnies wrote:Crackers is the center of a twinkie reality. Razz
The Cracken
Teletubby Admin
Teletubby Admin

Lego ID : crackers5
Humor : Anything is possible when you smell like Emjajoas and not a lady. I'm on Elzeep.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffy on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:20 pm

We've mentioned that before, Crackers. Take a shot at it. =P

Well I think the reason this topic went up is very clear. Just incase it's not clear, here's a quote from page one of this topic:

If they ask you to stop something, stop doing it.

If they tell you that you are breaking a rule, don't whine about it or insult them, accept it and move on.

If you are punished for your actions, do not say the staff is against you, do not disrespect the staff for it, accept that you did something worthy of punishment, and deal with it.

The staff will NOT ask you to stop doing something without a good reason.

The staff will NOT tell you that you are breaking a rule, if you are not.

The staff will NOT punish you for actions you did not do.

In short, the message is this:

Respect the staff, respect what the staff members say, and be a good, behaving member like everyone else, who has fun on this site on a daily basis without problems.

One of the main issues we've had as staff is users who don't comply when asked to drop a topic on the chatbox, or to stop discussing it any further on the chatbox. We do have posted rules. They even come with comics to make the point more insane clear. Razz

For the sake of not spamming up this topic, if anyone has input about the rules, please post them in the topic entitled - HANG on, I forgot what that topic is actually called. xD

BACK.

Suggestions. Post anything you'd like to suggest in that topic, please. Thanks. LOL

Queen of Bunnies

Lego ID : Fluffy
Humor : My employer won't pay for my breakfast, therefore I have "no access" to food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Em on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Resident CanuckMadman

Location : I still remember all the glittering lights on Corsucant. Very pretty. Can we go back there, master?
Lego ID : HK-47
Humor : Commentary: I mean... nice human, goo-oood human...

View user profile http://Eurobricks, LEGO, Brickset... so on, so forth...

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Maglor Feanorion on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:37 pm

@Fluffy: No, the staff clearly DOESN'T agree. Pik has said that if a lone staffer is sprouting garbage, and the the users on chat all agree that he is sprouting garbage, we are not required to listen to him. You and Crackers have said exactly the opposite.
So, is Pik not staff, or are you and Crackers not staff? Razz

@Crackers: That's not the problem. The problem is that the rules have been worded in a way that what you MEANT to say isn't at all the first thing that people think of.
Lord Maglor Feanorion
Banned
Banned

Lego ID : JJS495
Humor : Anyone want to take over the universe? Or are you all still just thinking about the world?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Who on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:26 pm

@Maglor: I'm staff, and I'm in agreement with these rules. Razz

Typically a person doesn't become staff if they are liable to spout nonsense. Yes we joke around and have fun, but there's a pretty clear line between that and absurdity. There comes a point when people just need to use common sense to see what is good or not (like right now Razz). Common sense shouldn't have to be in the rules.

The TARDIS  
Doctor Who
TOATUBBY
TOATUBBY

Lego ID : Takanuva101411
Humor : I tried to catch some fog. I mist.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cracken on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:03 pm

I will work on a revised, more clear set of rules so that questions will come up less frequently. For now, I'm locking this topic. Thanks for the input. Nardeeps laugh

[23:24:10] @ Em : I'd be the man, but I look stellar in an apron.

Queen of Bunnies wrote:Crackers is the center of a twinkie reality. Razz
The Cracken
Teletubby Admin
Teletubby Admin

Lego ID : crackers5
Humor : Anything is possible when you smell like Emjajoas and not a lady. I'm on Elzeep.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top