LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

NOTICE: RESPECT THE STAFF. - ALL USERS, PLEASE READ.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NOTICE: RESPECT THE STAFF. - ALL USERS, PLEASE READ.

Post by World's Richest Merchant on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:44 pm

Until recently, there was no need for a topic such as this, but the need has come for this global announcement. In this announcement, I will be stating VERY clearly not to disrespect the staff.

If they ask you to stop something, stop doing it.

If they tell you that you are breaking a rule, don't whine about it or insult them, accept it and move on.

If you are punished for your actions, do not say the staff is against you, do not disrespect the staff for it, accept that you did something worthy of punishment, and deal with it.

The staff will NOT ask you to stop doing something without a good reason.

The staff will NOT tell you that you are breaking a rule, if you are not.

The staff will NOT punish you for actions you did not do.

In short, the message is this:

Respect the staff, respect what the staff members say, and be a good, behaving member like everyone else, who has fun on this site on a daily basis without problems.

And for a quick bit of info on just what staff is comprised of:

ADMINS: These users have a dark red color to their usernames. They administrate the forum, they control all parts of the forum, this includes changes to the forum appearance, changes to user profiles, and banning/unbanning of users from the forum. Everything is under the control of the administrators.

MODERATORS: These users have a dark blue color to their usernames. They moderate the forum, control misbehaving users, and enforce the rules of the forum.

INTERNS: These users bear a pale brownish color on their usernames. They have similar powers to Moderators, they are basically "staff in training".

That is all.

||
=LM=
||
||
World's Richest Merchant
TOATUBBY
TOATUBBY

Lego ID : Pikmin0207
Humor : Time is money, but you can always get more of the latter!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NOTICE: RESPECT THE STAFF. - ALL USERS, PLEASE READ.

Post by Fluffy on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:51 pm

* My username is pink, not dark red.

*seconds that everyone should behave*

Queen of Bunnies

Lego ID : Fluffy
Humor : My employer won't pay for my breakfast, therefore I have "no access" to food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aokpisz on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:01 pm

Yes, do respect. We have this problem at LMBW too.
Aokpisz
Crazy
Crazy

Lego ID : Aokpisz
Humor : Okay. Honestly. I have no humor. None. Nada. Big Fat Goose Egg. And by reading this, you are scummbing to reverse psychology.

View user profile http://legomessageboards.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Labby on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:24 pm

Thank you putting this up. We all need the reminder, don't we guys? *Looks back* Uhh guys? *Looks back at admins, looks back over shoulder.* Uh oh....

:p
Labby
Crazy
Crazy

Location : Lurking deep in the archives of LZP and finding where Tak hid his tea kettle.
Lego ID : Brick-rat2
Humor : Hobby #3 Going through the staff's desks after they leave. :twisted:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Thanks, chaps!...and Holly! Very Happy

We all need that drilled into us... Wink

And thanks for doing your job, even when we yell at you for it. Razz

You make this site safe. Wink
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Lego ID : Dalu50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Maglor Feanorion on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:51 pm

... Okay. Question. What exactly are we supposed to do when the staffer has absolutely nothing to back up his claims? For example, I ask what I did wrong/what rule did I break, and the staffer basically sprouts garbage. What should I do then? Or does this come down to the staff is above the rules? (If you don't believe this will ever happen to anyone, take it hypothetically then. Because, though I might be cynical here, I'm not convinced.)
Lord Maglor Feanorion
Banned
Banned

Lego ID : JJS495
Humor : Anyone want to take over the universe? Or are you all still just thinking about the world?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by World's Richest Merchant on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:58 pm

@ JJS: Inform any other admins of the issue and they will discuss it in the staff area with the problematic staff member and ensure that it doesn't happen, and, if relevant, you should receive an apology. However, only if they have absolutely no backup facts/evidence or whatever is relevant at the moment.

||
=LM=
||
||
World's Richest Merchant
TOATUBBY
TOATUBBY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Maglor Feanorion on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:04 pm

@Pik: And what should I do at that moment? Am I required to obey non-existent rules?
Next, am I allowed to explain to that staffer why I don't think I have violated the rule, provided I do not whine or insult him?
Lord Maglor Feanorion
Banned
Banned

Humor : Anyone want to take over the universe? Or are you all still just thinking about the world?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by World's Richest Merchant on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:43 pm

I think you're just trying to use this topic against me... Razz

It depends on whether or not their point is valid. If their point is indeed valid, and they tell you to stop, then you should. But if the point is not valid, and this is agreed upon by all the staff, and depending on the situation, possibly agreed by users as well, then no.

As long as you don't go on really long excessive rants, keep it to PMs, and try to understand their side of the argument, and provide no insults/whining, then you may.

||
=LM=
||
||
World's Richest Merchant
TOATUBBY
TOATUBBY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Maglor Feanorion on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:51 pm

Well, speaking as the person who seems to have the most clashes with Staff, I want to know what exactly I can do.

So, if I have other people who agree with me, and there's no other staff disagreeing with me, I am not required to listen to the staffer, if we all think his point is not valid?

Am I allowed to do the opening remarks in the chatbox, or does it all instantly need to go into PMs? Because that could make things awkward when multiple people are involved. Or in trying to find out how many people agree with me.
Lord Maglor Feanorion
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by World's Richest Merchant on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:57 pm

Indeed.

Opening remarks is fine, just move it to PMs once you get the discussion started. And by that, I mean when it FIRST begins to start.

||
=LM=
||
||
World's Richest Merchant
TOATUBBY
TOATUBBY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Maglor Feanorion on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:00 pm

Okay. Thanks. I think I've mostly got it now.

So, about one exchange, and then PMs? Or earlier?
Lord Maglor Feanorion
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by World's Richest Merchant on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:18 pm

One or two exchanges depending on which seems easier, then PMs.

||
=LM=
||
||
World's Richest Merchant
TOATUBBY
TOATUBBY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyred on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:14 am

Since some of us have special colors, should we perhaps post a list of the current forum staff?

Elgo the Conqueror wrote:I have an army.

Johnnyred wrote:We have an Arnold.

[00:25:16] @ Em : Alright. Let's change my profile pic to be manlier~~~
Johnnyred
Fan-of-All-Sorts-of-Stuff-That-You've-Never-Heard-of-Guy
Fan-of-All-Sorts-of-Stuff-That-You've-Never-Heard-of-Guy

Lego ID : Johnnyred
Humor : Star Trek + Space Battleship Yamato/Dr. Who = 42

View user profile http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Johnnyred

Back to top Go down

Post by World's Richest Merchant on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:35 am

Hmm... Probably. Razz

||
=LM=
||
||
World's Richest Merchant
TOATUBBY
TOATUBBY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffy on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:27 am

@JJ ~ I'VE asked you to stop/keep things off the chat before, and it wasn't for a "garbage" reason either.

Like Pik stated in this topic, the staff asks you to STOP doing something on the chatbox for a reason. If you want to argue about it, do so in a pm, not on the chat, or you're breaking the rules for not respecting the staff. Which is the point of this topic. In all caps to boot.

Queen of Bunnies

Humor : My employer won't pay for my breakfast, therefore I have "no access" to food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:36 am

Obeying your set authorities doesn't mean you don't have backbone. You agreed to their authority when you joined the site. Obeying them and respecting them is not groveling and scraping. Respect them like you would respect any other authority.
RandomEncounter
This Rank Is Better Than Yours

Lego ID : You can probably guess.
Humor : "Please enjoy the annual Aegis Tower Fireworks, Explosives, and Concussive Blasts display. Remember, do not, at any point, no matter how aggressive the display, declare any point in the display, "The Finale," as Aegis Tower will likely take this as a challenge." --SAYER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffy on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:55 am

I was just about to make an edit to my post, so it's more clear. Then you posted, Super. Razz

Anyways.... here's what I'd like to clear up, and the rest of the staff wishes every user would understand as well.

The CHAT BOX is our public fellowship/hang out area. You don't get to ruin it for other users by spouting off a bad attitude on there. As staff, the admins all the way down to Jajo, our only intern will ask ANYONE to stop talking about any topic we feel doesn't belong on the chatbox. It's not silencing you, it's thinking of others on the forum. You can continue to talk, only via PM'S.

JJS wrote:So, if I have other people who agree with me, and there's no other staff disagreeing with me, I am not required to listen to the staffer, if we all think his point is not valid?

No. You can never ignore a staffer. That's the whole point of this topic. Should there ever be a bad judgement call by a staffer, you still have to listen to their request on the chatbox, or forum, then make an appeal to the admins. I needed to quote that statement because it's dangerously close to ignore staff, because it's based on a judgement call by the user. That's not how our rules work here.

Queen of Bunnies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:16 am

Yep, that's me! Professional space-filler! That'll be fifty bucks Razz

Also, if you're ever threatened with the B- er, Thing, or the Hammer, scraping and grovelling isn't always a bad option Razz
RandomEncounter

Humor : "Please enjoy the annual Aegis Tower Fireworks, Explosives, and Concussive Blasts display. Remember, do not, at any point, no matter how aggressive the display, declare any point in the display, "The Finale," as Aegis Tower will likely take this as a challenge." --SAYER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffy on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:17 am

We do joke about that, jsyk. It keeps the members on their tippy toes. Razz

You'll know when we are being serious. Suspect

Queen of Bunnies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:18 am

You'll know because Fluffy's face turns bright red, and smoke comes out of her ears, and she shoots flame from her mouth. Then she bans you.
RandomEncounter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cracken on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:45 am

Razz

In other words, the staff wrote the rules and thus there is no "alternate interpretation" of them. If you make an honest mistake, that's OK, just accept the correction. But don't think that you can interpret the rules in a different way than the ones who wrote them down in the first place. Razz

And as I said on the chat, if you think a staff member is out of line with their request, just comply anyway and bring it up privately with another staff member. They'll take it to the Council and we'll discuss and make sure the first staffer was doing their job properly. Razz

Like I said, if the staff member is asking you to do something dangerous or morally wrong, you have every right to refuse. But in any other case, you've got to comply.

And remember to make the distinction between "wrong" and "inconvenient." As C.S. Lewis has said (I'm reading his stuff for Literature, haha), a wrong done to us isn't necessarily what is just inconvenient to us at the time. He illustrated it by saying that a man who accidently tripped him might have been inconvenient, but he did nothing wrong; while the man who intended to trip him but didn't succeed was wrong, even though his efforts didn't go through.

I seem like I'm rambling, but I'm just trying to make things clear.

Mmh, I think that's all I was gonna say. Razz

[23:24:10] @ Em : I'd be the man, but I look stellar in an apron.

Queen of Bunnies wrote:Crackers is the center of a twinkie reality. Razz
The Cracken
Teletubby Admin
Teletubby Admin

Lego ID : crackers5
Humor : Anything is possible when you smell like Emjajoas and not a lady. I'm on Elzeep.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Maglor Feanorion on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:17 pm

*Cough* Okay, I find this funny in a REALLY sad way. I have now been told completely contrary things by the Head Admin, and two other Admins. I'd recommend you guys discuss that in the staff forum BEFORE you start contradicting each other in announcements. So, could you guys figure it out, and then make an official stance on it?

@Fluffy: You'll notice I was being careful not to name any names in my post. And I'm going to keep it that way.

@Super: You're referring to a point when I was deliberately overstating the case. However, more importantly, there is a difference between obeying those who have the rules backing them and those who don't.

@Crackers: There's what the rules say, and what is CLAIMED they say. There's been a difference at times.
Lord Maglor Feanorion
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:47 pm

JJS- why won't you just CONFORM already?! Razz
RandomEncounter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffy on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:52 pm

ACtually, the staff does agree on how the rules are enforced. We just want you to listen and be respectful! WE ALL DO! It's that easy.

Queen of Bunnies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top