LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Custom Clones... Idea stage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom Clones... Idea stage

Post by dino27 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:41 pm

This topic is to discuss a custom squad of Clone troopers I intend to make. Feedback is appreciated as you'll be the people viewing this stuff... You might as well like it Razz

*NOTICE I don't use stickers/decals, I don't cut/paint/mod pieces, I don't use illegal connections, but I DO use third party pieces (EG, Brickarms, Brickforge, Little Arms Shop)*

OK, so I want to build a custom squad of Clones. These clones would be from my fanon trooper type, ACT troopers (Advanced CombaT troopers)

The quick overview for those that don't know anything about this group: They are one of the Kaminoans' "super soldier" projects. This one is (sort of) a cross between the ARC Troopers and the Clone Commandos. These troops have been genetically enhanced to be physically and mentally "superior" to basic clones. Because they are such a special project, a good deal of credits are going into not only the troopers, but also their gear. This means that they'll have the best in weapons and armor.

The goals of the build: I want to make these guys look like the B2 Super Battle Droid does to the B1, bigger, badder, cooler. I want them to LOOK like clones, but also be different from the average rookie. I want their armor to be, unique. A combination three things, 1) ARC Trooper, 2) Commando, 3) New and different. Please remember that these guys are both taller, and more muscular then most clones, so it's OK if they get a bit larger by extra pieces.

Helmet, a major problem: How to make it look advanced? (Their armor is forged from a composite of Duraplast and Phrik, and should look different from the average clone armor) And yet still... clone? I'm open to suggestions. A couple of ideas I have so far. Brick Warriors Resistance Trooper helmet white, Lego Space Police III commando helmet white, (with a cool visor of course) Arealight commando helmet, Arrealight Mando helmet.

Head, an easy one: I'll either use basic clone heads and/or other flesh heads. (Unless the helmet has a gap that lets you see the head, then I'll use a black or a trans blue head)

"Neck" piece, decisions decisions: I'm thinking of using either Brickforge "Battle Armor" black/dark gray, or "Neck Armor" white/black/dark gray so as to attach "Pauldrons"

Shoulders, my head spins with possibilities: BF "Round Pauldrons" black/white/red/dark gray and/or "Segmented Pauldrons" white/red should do nicely here. A concern is how much these will impede the holding of weapons. I'm thinking do doing color/type combos... Inspired by the shoulder armor of the Commandos and the pauldrons of the ARCs.

Torso, easy: CW clone torso and/or CW clone gunner torso.

Arms/hands, so many choices: I'm thinking of using arms red/white/dark gray, BF "Vambraces" red/white/black/dark gray/pearl silver, and black hands.

"Belt" accessory, easy: BF "Wast Armor" black/dark gray.

Legs, easy: Minifigures space man legs (with plain white hip piece) and/or Space Police III legs (with plain white hip piece) and/or the new Sand Trooper legs.

Weapons, tons of the best: BF Clone Rifle, BF Clone Blaster, BF Advanced Recon Striker, BF Commando Carbine, BA Lewis gun (with drum removed, it's a T-21 Light Repeating Blaster, like the Sand Troopers use) Little Arms Shop rocket launcher, custom Cip-Quad, PLX-1 missile launcher, BA Minigun/Little Arms Shop Rotary Blaster, (which is better?) custom force pikes, BA Heavy Sci-fi Rifle with grenade launcher, BA Heavy Sniper Rifle, BA Precision Sniper Rifle, BF Anti Material Sniper Rifle, BA Auto-9 (looks like the CW Mando pistol to me) Lego blaster pistol (older version) I WANT to come up with a way to do a PLX-2m missile launcher... but without modding... I don't know if that will happen. Razz and probably stuff that I'm forgetting. My main concern with weapons is that I want them to be able to hold them even with Pauldrons.

Advice, comments and other ideas welcome! I'll try and get you and LDD screenshot of an "idea pic" version soon.

Thanks for reading.
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : dino272727
Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Clones... Idea stage

Post by dino27 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:18 pm

No one has advice on custom clones? Okay, I guess you trust me not to go crazy with the pieces and end up with something silly looking... Or this isn't that interesting.. I wonder why not... Razz
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : dino272727
Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top