LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

The Holodeck

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Holodeck

Post by dino27 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:53 am

This is the place for PCG members (and non members if they like) to play adventures throughout history. (And your imagination) It's a place where anything you want can and does happen, a place for both your imagination and body to let off steam.

We'll be running whatever programs people want, from westerns to dark-ages, to steam-punk, to three musketeers, to samurai/ninja world, to trek combat drills, to gangster type action, to tours gone crazy of ancient places, to the adventures of Robin Hood, to having a friendly contest against each other, to sports, to locating piratical plunder, to several hundred year old, really bad (even for there time) retro sci-fi, (rayguns, robots, rockets and all) to playing characters in favorite books (if we can agree on any) to custom crazy comedies with fly swatters, mops, toilet plungers, and squeegees as weapons. And even eating pizza and drinking root beer if our favorite restaurant closes for... unusual reasons. Wink

If anyone wants to start a "holo-novel" (that is, a story that other people experience in the holo deck. AKA, what Operation Omega was to us, a hollow novel is to our characters) we can start "holo novel topic(s)" depending on how popular they become and how many people want to do it.

As of now, this place isn't going to have complicated story lines, rather, the players will make it up as we go (each adventure will be termed as serious or silly at the beginning, based on what the majority of the players want. Please make plot decisions that follow the plot goal. EG If it is a serious story, don't have pancakes fall from the sky to wipe out enemies in a dire situation.)

As of right now, I am officially GM for this, so if there is an argument about something game related, it's my job to settle it. This includes choosing to change how things will/are happening if it gets out of hand. If everyone get's along well, then I will be a very happy GM. (I may hand this position off to someone else at a later time, or even elect a deputy GM)

Although the players will all have a say in where the story goes next, there will be a "team leader" and then a "lieutenant" for each mission. As we don't want every player starting to follow their idea for how the story should go every time a simple challenge ends. The team leader's (and lieutenant's if the leader is inactive) job is to decide "what happens next, where will the story go from here." Don't worry, the team leader doesn't decide everything, just what happens next. The team leader has no power to order anyone to do anything, only over the basic flow of events. If the people don't like a choice of the leader, they can vote to do something other than what the leader said would happen next. Majority vote wins, if things escalate, I (or whoever is GM) WILL step in. (Oh yeah, the GM will be playing too, but only as a player unless things go wrong. Also, unless things change, the GM can't be the leader, though he can be lieutenant)

If the people are very unhappy with the choices of their leader for how the plot should go, they can vote in a new leader. (the GM can vote to, but the GM vote is worth no more than a standard player's. Also, the GM won't normally vote on kicking team leader, unless it's an even number and the GM would be the deciding vote)

I think that's everything, but rules are subject to change/be added to if problems come up/good idea are added.

The reason I have team leaders is this have you ever seen a "never ending story" topic? EVERYONE says what THEY think should happen next... If we do it like that, then the story will either branch off into hundreds of possible courses of events, OR everyone will have to talk over what will happen next EVERY TIME a simple task is completed. If everyone wants to be equal, we could easily hold a "take turns at team leader" system. This would have a line of players who are scheduled to be leader when the current leader A) makes so many plot choices, or B) the current leader brings the events to a certain, predetermined point. We could even have a mix of some one leader games, and others with the take turns system. Your call, this place is to have fun, not to have endless leader squabble.

Play well, and enjoy the Holodeck! Very Happy

P.S. thanks to whoever repaired my holodeck spelling, sorry about that. Embarassed
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : dino272727
Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Holodeck

Post by Aokpisz on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:33 am

GREAT IDEA. Very Happy
Aokpisz
Crazy
Crazy

Lego ID : Aokpisz
Humor : Okay. Honestly. I have no humor. None. Nada. Big Fat Goose Egg. And by reading this, you are scummbing to reverse psychology.

View user profile http://legomessageboards.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:15 pm

Thanks Leku!

Care to start a program?
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : dino272727
Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum