LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Cor Redor chapter 1: Deep Space 57

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cor Redor chapter 1: Deep Space 57

Post by Aokpisz on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:35 pm

A flaming figure, glowing bright red walks slowly into Deck 23. He calmly and effortlessly, ignoring his crews screams for mercy, starts roasting the bugs no matter where he sees them. Even if a crew member is attached. He tries to remain impartial... but its hard, so hard, what he has to sacrifice... to fufill the dream of Blacktron...
Aokpisz
Crazy
Crazy

Lego ID : Aokpisz
Humor : Okay. Honestly. I have no humor. None. Nada. Big Fat Goose Egg. And by reading this, you are scummbing to reverse psychology.

View user profile http://legomessageboards.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Em on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Commander Chet Williams of the Ringneck's marines grabs his rifle and starts spraying gunfire at the bugs as his men pull various heavy weaponry, taking them out one at a time, coordinating perfectly. They try to stay as mobile as possible, not wanting to get hit from stray spit, and try to set up a defensive position to hold off the bugs.
The Ringneck scans the ship itself, Jennifer going through a bunch of different research and trying to pinpoint any and all clues she can find. The Ringneck also scans the predator missile.

flexes softly in the distance
Rated Em for Awesome
Em
Paragon of Manliness and Manliest Man to Ever Man

Lego ID : Emjajoas1
Humor : Once again I'm falsely accused of whatever I'm accused of, falsely.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damaged Commander on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:32 pm

The team manages to down quite a few bugs, but there are still plenty, going everywhere, and they are rather hard to hit. The team start to find bugs making it through and attacking their armor with their spit and trying to find weak points in their armor with their strong jaws. They're starting to get overwhelmed.
Damaged Commander
Phase 1 Assimilation
Phase 1 Assimilation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:48 pm

*Tybalt Anderson keeps his ships at Deep Space 55 and 54 in case of a round-about attack.*
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Lego ID : Alien_Ant2
Humor : A storm trooper and a redshirt got into a fight. The stormtrooper missed, but the redshirt died anyways.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyred on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:06 pm

The shuttle crew and its fighter compliment return to the Texas.

As soon as Johnnyred entered the bridge, Bob began speaking hurridly.

"Cap'n! We've received distress signals from the Ocatagenarian ships that left us earlier."

"Meh..." J-red replied. "Well, I guess we'd better do something about it then. I warned them... their ships are waaaaaaay to under powered... Attention! All ships, prepare to warp at maximum velocity and be ready to fight! We're dropping out of warp hot!"

Elgo the Conqueror wrote:I have an army.

Johnnyred wrote:We have an Arnold.

[00:25:16] @ Em : Alright. Let's change my profile pic to be manlier~~~
Johnnyred
Fan-of-All-Sorts-of-Stuff-That-You've-Never-Heard-of-Guy

Lego ID : Johnnyred
Humor : Star Trek + Space Battleship Yamato/Dr. Who = 42

View user profile http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Johnnyred

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:09 pm

*Tybalt sends a message to Captain Johnyyred* "I guess I'll keep an eye on things at this end..." *12 Seraphims and the Saugeye Hunter groups drop out of warp at Deep Space 56.*
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Humor : A storm trooper and a redshirt got into a fight. The stormtrooper missed, but the redshirt died anyways.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyred on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:25 pm

"Thanks Tybalt" Johnnyred replies over the comm. "If you need any help, let us know and I'll be back ASAP."

Elgo the Conqueror wrote:I have an army.

Johnnyred wrote:We have an Arnold.

[00:25:16] @ Em : Alright. Let's change my profile pic to be manlier~~~
Johnnyred

Lego ID : Johnnyred
Humor : Star Trek + Space Battleship Yamato/Dr. Who = 42

View user profile http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Johnnyred

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:27 pm

"Alrighty, I will., Tybalt out."
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aokpisz on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:14 am

Jackson groaned... his armor couldn't take much more of this onslaught.
"Armor levels at 43% and falling... weapon levels...."
"I knowalready..."
Even the flames over the suit weren't stopping the bugs, there wasn't much else to do. He only had one choice...
Through the heat surronding him, Jackson stilfles the urge to cry due to the smoke and lets out a shout...
"EVERYONE DOWN. Retreat.... retreat! Back to the doorway. 27 is the last deck! I'm locking us into decks 23-27. YOu! MARINES. Listen close, but dont stop fighting. I'm opening a airlock... Hopefully the vaccum will suck the bugs off. Hold on tight. To anything. JENNA... OPEN DECK 25 AIRLOCK, MAINTAIN STRUCTUAL BALANCE. I want this ship ready to move out. Also, tractor beam us with the loading beam controls."
Jackson flipped on the internal breathing apparatus.
"Aye sir... Tolerance levels peaking... maxing.... structure....:
Jackson held his breath...
"Structure holding...."
He sighed...
"Structure peaking... Hull destruction emminent!"
"How much time?!"
"3 minutes approximatially... but don't play around with time Commander."
Jackson, in spite of the situation, almost grinned.
"Stop it... shut up. YOu'll compromise security..."
Jackson kept firing at any bug he saw, and called for tractor beams on any crew member sliding past. Some didn't have air. Too bad, he couldn't help them anyway.
It was a race against time. Would the bugs slide into space... or would the ship collaspe from the great stress of the airlock opening....

OOC: I love cliffhangers. Razz
Also, DC... I got no more backup plans... Make this work. Razz
Aokpisz
Crazy
Crazy

Humor : Okay. Honestly. I have no humor. None. Nada. Big Fat Goose Egg. And by reading this, you are scummbing to reverse psychology.

Back to top Go down

Post by Em on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:33 am

The Marines keep firing on the bugs, losing five of their numbers, and brace themselves against certain parts of the deck to prevent getting sucked into vacuum.

Rated Em for Awesome
Em

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Kojan on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:06 pm

OOC: I posted a story piece a while back, but it would seem that no one has responded.
Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : AndrewJC248 | Kojan Riktan
Humor : The Deviants may have their PsiTech, true, but we have Novalith cannons.

View user profile http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aokpisz on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:12 pm

OOC:Lemme go check it out Kojan...
Aokpisz
Crazy
Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Em on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:39 pm

OOC: I wasn't really in a position to respond, Kojan, sorry. D:

Rated Em for Awesome
Em

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:24 pm

(A comm message comes onscreen to all Phoenix and allied ships)

I've finally cleared out the Romulan forces and left the "dead zone." I even managed to capture a Reman Warbird... Although it's heavily damaged.... both from my attacks and the Romulans trying to keep it out of my hands... Give me a few months and she'll be a joy to fly. Anyways, how goes the war? I've read the files on everything that's happened (concerning the Cor Redor) since I've been gone. Also, a word of caution...

JAMMERS ON PCG ONLY!

I believe that this is a trap of some sort, they want us fighting on boarder outposts, concentrating our forces at one place.... A week place no less, a place of little strategical importance. True, it seems to be close to their boarder and if gained could allow them to go further into our territory....

But the truth is, we don't know much about their tech, especially their faster-than-light propulsion. Also, we know nothing about the number of ships they can put in the field... True, we have seen over six hundred vessels, but we are fielding several hundred ourselves, and do not we command well over a thousand more? For all we know, this could be a scouting force, and the real army could be holding back....

Why? To strike at a more important military target. True, DS-57 was an important military target... but these small, outlying bases are virtually worthless now that the main station is gone. Don't you think that our command center, or a major shipyard, or even Earth would be a more useful target for them to aim for?

Do you honestly think that they are attacking with no prior knowledge of us? No my friends, they have been watching us for years, they know our strengths, and they know our weaknesses. They want our leaders, and our best ships away from important targets. They want us to believe that we have a good chance, and that the war is here. But this was only the first skirmish, a massacre yes, but still, not a major strike.

Gentlemen, we MUST decode their language, fortify important targets of our own, learn about their strengths and weaknesses... And strike them in a manner that will truly hurt them. Do you think that they would send six hundred ships to wipe us out? Knowing that in a matter of months we could retaliate with several thousand?

Impressive as six hundred ships are, we have seen nothing as yet. These are no common pirates out to make a cargo-hold of Latinum, this is an empire, an empire that wants to grow. How to insects grow their empires? By wiping out everything around them. They use everything either as food or as slaves... our goods will fuel their quest for power, and our hands will build their ships... Unless they find us too dangerous and they would rather "remove us from the picture."

Don't you realize that we are playing their game? This is little more than a hollow-novel. Unless I am drastically mistaken, we face a threat nearly as deadly as the Borg themselves. Insects have an amazing ability to grow their numbers rapidly, and if we beat six hundred of their ships, rest assured that they will soon send six thousand more.

These are no simple bugs out to destroy all in their path, they have a brilliant leader of some sort... They KNOW how to plan and how to think. They have they ability, the numbers, and the tenacity of a swarm of hornets, combined with the mental prowess of Alexander The Great.

We must work quickly, we must learn about them. We CANNOT afford to play the defensive, we must strike back HARD, and SOON. Before it's too late. These battles are one of two things, a diversion designed to our focus here. Or a trap designed to decapitate the Phoenix.

JAMMERS OFF!
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : dino272727
Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:29 pm

JAMMERS ON!!! PCG ONLY!
You are right! They could be distracting us. But...if we are to fortify our targets, we will only have small numbers to use! We will have our ships spread so thin that if they attack on one place, we will only have a few ships there to counter it because the rest will be guarding against an attack somewhere else. We need fast, yet powerful, ships that can be on standby and cover a larger area, then we can make large task-forces of these ships, and they will each have a designated area to cover. Since they are fast, they can cover a larger area and we will have more ships at our disposal. We also need to build more ships period. Oh, and I could be wrong, but I thought we might have received a transmission from the Yaka Empire, if we can enlist their help, that would be a huge aide to us. We must get them and the ETX to fight with us as soon as possible. We might even want to consider hiring the MSI to aide us as well, but that will be up the council of course. I have already ordered ship production to increase for my designs, I suggest you do the same. Tybalt out.
JAMMERS OFF!!!

*Out of no-where three MK-Alpha II missiles warp in to star-base 56 and just sit there, waiting, ghostly reminders of another group watching over the battle-fleet.*
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:14 am

@AA

JAMMERS ON PCG!

Agreed, we can't afford to directly fortify everything, because then we fortify nothing and our hands are tied, we are unable to make a move. We need light, fast, but still powerful ships (say, slightly larger than the Defiant class) that can cover a large area. Perhaps our focus on super-cruisers has not been the wisest pursuit to face off against a normal enemy...

JAMMERS OFF!
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Em on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:28 am

JAMMERS ON PCG
The grizzled voice of Captain McKinley is heard over the comm. "This is Captain McKinley of the Ringneck. We have the means to infiltrate their ranks and try to crack their code, so to speak. Our AI unit should be more than capable of deciphering their language, and our marines are aboard a Octagerian ship that's currently under attack by a swarm of insects. If we were to, say, take a smaple of these insects back to HQ for thorough study in a secure facility, well..." He trails off, leaving the implication unsaid.
JAMMERS OFF

Rated Em for Awesome
Em

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:07 pm

@Em you've got my approval on the first part, (Though we ought to get the opinion of J-red first)
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damaged Commander on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:20 pm

The bugs are sucked into the vacuum of space, but a few determined ones latch onto the hull and start making their way to the Marine and Jackson, who are desperately holding on to the ship. Most get torn off by the vacuum, but a few make it to the Marines and Jackson. Jackson promptly burns them off (His suit works because it has a reserve supply of oxygen just incase it's in an oxygen deprived environment, right AoK? Wink ) while the Marines fight them off as best as they can. Meanwhile the Texas drops out of warp alongside the Light Myst and pulls up close to the damaged section.
Damaged Commander
Phase 1 Assimilation
Phase 1 Assimilation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:24 pm

JAMMERS ON!!! PCG ONLY!!!
I disagree Captain Dino, our super-cruisers, while not nimble, are fast enough in warp to keep up with other ships. A super-cruiser per group would go along way to boost their battle strength. Plus they are useful for our own strikes against the enemy. I do not believe they are a waste of time. My point is that we cannot station ships at every potential target, but neither can we have the entire fleet hopping around the federation at every Cor Redor sighting. We need a balance.
JAMMERS OFF!!!
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:14 pm

JAMMERS ON PCG ONLY!

I do not mean that super-cruisers do not have their place, simply that that place shouldn't be the staple of the fleet. And I agree to the idea of a balance between offense and defense. Between defending very important locations and keeping a sizable, nimble force ready to strike anywhere at a moments notice. I agree with what you are saying, I simply regret how many supercruisers we've built compared escorts.

JAMMERS OFF!
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:19 pm

Honestly we've made plenty of escorts, and we mass produce them compared to single super-cruisers. *Tybalt Laughs* But we need something that combines Firepower with speed to a degree we haven't seen yet. Something that's top-of-the-line with all the newest, best stuff put into it. Sloop was good at those ships, we should see if we can contact Dragon fleet and buy/trade a few ships to help us out. Some upgraded Opsreys, Ronnins, and Firefly's would work great as well, in addition to ships like the Saugeye and the Seraphim.
JAMMRES OFF!!!
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aokpisz on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:46 am

Damaged Commander wrote:The bugs are sucked into the vacuum of space, but a few determined ones latch onto the hull and start making their way to the Marine and Jackson, who are desperately holding on to the ship. Most get torn off by the vacuum, but a few make it to the Marines and Jackson. Jackson promptly burns them off (His suit works because it has a reserve supply of oxygen just incase it's in an oxygen deprived environment, right AoK? Wink ) while the Marines fight them off as best as they can. Meanwhile the Texas drops out of warp alongside the Light Myst and pulls up close to the damaged section.

Jackson yells:
"JENNA! CLOSE AIRLOCK!"
The giant Airlock slides shut, the vaccum stops, and the hull stops creaking.
"Hull damage minimal, welcome back "King Arem.""
Jackson chooses not to reply, busy scorching the few remaining bugs left.

"Patch me through to the Texas, Jenna."
"Affirmative."

-Transmission to Texas--
I am not sure what to do. Those bugs nearly compromised the entire ship. I dont have internal defenses. My only hope is to cleanse ray all incoming Predator missiles. Hopefully, by the time they hit the hull, they'll be so confused I can easily take them out. Just saying, I...*Jackson seems dejected* may need some help taking those missiles down. This will be an interesting battle.

OOC: I'm assuming that the bugs are all gone. Razz
Aokpisz
Crazy
Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:02 am

PHOENIX JAMMERS ON

AA I guess I'm just thinking of the number of classes of supercruisers, not the actual number built.

Indeed, Sloop was the best at those ships, (which would be perfect for this role, when combined with a few large, powerful warships (perhaps Tigerlilies or Ronins? Though we'd need Gandalf to OK the production of more Ronins) I hope to do a few of my own Fast Advanced Cruiser Escorts (F.A.C.E.) as well. (in time)

Scare is pretty good at those F.A.C.E. ships too... maybe we could get his help... if he's around...

JAMMERS OFF!
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:27 am

Yeah, I PMed sloop last night. We might get a few Tigerlily's.
JAMMERS OFF!!!
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top