LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Yaka Vehicular Ground Forces: The Official Database {Update 008: HT-255s!}

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Yaka Vehicular Ground Forces: The Official Database {Update 008: HT-255s!}

Post by Admiral Kojan on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:47 pm

Yes, I know this is a triple post. Shut up. Razz

The last (?) of the LAPC-155s have been posted.
Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : AndrewJC248 | Kojan Riktan
Humor : The Deviants may have their PsiTech, true, but we have Novalith cannons.

View user profile http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:32 am

The artillery peice is a little......odd.....it has good detail, but it doesn't quite seem to flow quite as good as some of your other models.

Your APCs however are a different story. I love the armored look, it jsut all around works well. Good shape, good thick hull, good rough looking-ness. The only thing is that I would try to fit the weapons on the inside.

I'll post more later when I can pop up the spoilers, but as of right now I can't.
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Lego ID : Alien_Ant2
Humor : A storm trooper and a redshirt got into a fight. The stormtrooper missed, but the redshirt died anyways.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Kojan on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:50 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Very Happy

Yeah, I know the large artillery piece is a little awkward... but... well, I can't explain it really. I kinda like it for its model complexity. It could probably need a revision, though. If you or Dino do a revision, it will become canon. Razz

As for the APC feedback, thanks! If you download the models, you'll see that, in most cases, there simply isn't room for any tools or weapons on the inside (In most cases. The ICV variant DOES have a set of 6 carbines in it.). Trust me, I tried. Razz
Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Humor : The Deviants may have their PsiTech, true, but we have Novalith cannons.

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:10 am

Okay, time to review your AWESOME new vehicles! Very Happy

Your new APCs are simply AWESOME! If it was physically possible to get the small arms inside, I'd mention that, (I will mention that the number of weapons carried by the "mobile armory" just doesn't cut it to be a mobile armory, even WITH the seating removed to make more room, and even WITH external racks, any modern pickup truck can easily carry far more weapons than that) but since one can only do so much with LEGO (esp in minifig scale vehicles, which are inherently problem invested as the physical dimensions of a minifig are no where near the physical dimensions of a real human being, they're twice as wide for the height...) I'll ignore it as I couldn't possibly have done better and have no idea how to do so.

My ONLY real complaint is the front windshield. Even with energy shields, I just wouldn't feel safe sitting behind that much transparent material... I suggest either doing a much smaller view-port, or adding a folding metal blast shield for combat situations... or both... Razz

The only other things I can think to suggest are (if possible) adding slightly larger tires (it's a big vehicle, and those tires, although large, just feel a tad small to me for off-road driving.) And giving (at least some versions) some light machine gun turrets on the sides to provide cover fire, those vehicles are pretty tall for a military vehicle (again, Lego is very very very difficult to scale vehicles in) and the weapons are on the roof.... which isn't really a problem.... unless the enemy is standing next to the vehicle laying an explosive device there... Hence my suggesting the addition of a couple of LMG turrets.

Let me say this before continuing: Apart from the windshield, I had to REALLY work to come up with the above suggestions, they didn't just pop into my head at first glance.

Now that my advice is out of the way, Razz let's go on. I LOVE your APCs!!!! They look like mini turbo tanks! PURE AWESOMENESS!!!!! The rugged shape is unconventional, and awesome! The color scheme is spot on, as is external styling. I', really looking forward to more like these!!!!! Very Happy

The Medical Evacuation Vehicle and the Mobile Railgun System stand out, even above the rest. They're just even awesome-er. Razz The medical version just has such great details on the inside... and that railgun is just pure epicness!

And now for the main reason I'm here: The DFA-1H. For starters, I like the unconventional design, but I honestly feel that a few changes could make it look a bit less odd. (It's already really cool, it just needs a few tweaks.)
#1 Put a "top" on the grey/red area on the barrel.
#2 Move the back set of wheels back by at least width of one tire. OR Switch to treads.
#3 Add a top and some tiles to the widest gray part of the artillery piece.
#4 Beef up the rods that elevate the gun, they just don't look like they could take ~10 tons of cannon weight... plus whatever recoil this thing has.
#5 Enlarge the ammo chain, seriously, do those little boxes feed that GIANT cannon? While you're at it, add a couple of links to the chain, give it some more ammo. Razz
#6 Set the trailer hitch to be roughly level, the angle up to the tractor just looks odd to me.
#7 (If it doesn't have some inside) Add some seats to the top of the tractor, why make the other 7 gun crew walk?
#8 Add a weapons rack for the crew, or even an LMG that the gunner can use if attacked. If that gun is ever attacked (although it would normally be far away from the fighting) you'd want the crew to be armed (they're probably not going to be operating the gun and lugging their main weapons around at the same time.

Other than those little adjustments (okay, MOST of them are little, Razz and a couple aren't to the gun but to the tractor) I'm very pleased with the cannon, I would not want that sending shells my way. Razz Nor would I want to be the one who had to clean it. Razz
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : dino272727
Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Kojan on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:52 pm

Thank you, once again, Dino, for your incredibly detailed analysis!

I'm glad you enjoy the APC so much! Very Happy I do my best to make my things look epic. Razz

For the cockpit/front windshield issue, here's my response:

-It isn't made from glass. Instead, it's made from trans-steel, a nickname for an alloy made to be transparent, but retain the strength of normal armor. Basically, it's as protected as the back seats and the sides of the APC.
-Another feature I'm considering implementing (based on your blast-shield suggestion) is a polarize feature. In combat, the APC can polarize the front shield, making the inside of the vehicle unable to been seen from the outside, but the outside world can still be seen from inside the cabin.
- The LMG on top of the APC, in real life, would be much easier to aim. Additionally, the side doors could be opened to allow for troops on the inside to fire outside with their rifles.
- In regards to the "mobile armory" thing, yes, I know that this thing isn't even close. Razz I'm considering building an armory truck.
- The wheels were a problem for me, too. I would have liked to make them bigger, but it simply didn't fit. Maybe they'll fit on my planned LAPC-255 model. ;D

As for the DFA-1H: Yeah, it really needs work. It was more of an experiment with using large amounts of Technic pieces than something I intentionally set out to do. Razz
Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Kojan on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:07 pm

HT-255 "Behemoth" uploaded!

Question for all of my viewers: Would you like me to record a video walkthrough of my models, explaining details about the vehicles?
Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top