LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

PPT Five-man Fireteam

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PPT Five-man Fireteam

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:44 pm

So while I can't build in LDD yet, I managed to take a few screen shots of some things on my non-infected thumbdrive. Unfortunaly the background works now when taking screenshots, as opposed to automatically making it alpha (transparent nothingness) which made it easy to put different backgrounds on my stuff. I might be off on some of my weapon number designations, but I'll try and fix it when I can. But anyways...

The Five-man fireteam is the staple of the PPT ground forcse. It includes five men (duh Razz ), each equipped differently. In a standard infantry grouping system for the PPT two fireteams makeup a squad (10 men), five squads make up a platoon (50), five platoons make up a company (250), and four platoons make up a battallion (1000). Special battalions may have lower total numbers of men but have armor, aircraft, special forces, or a combination of these in their battalion. Each man in the fireteam has the same standard weapons, designated primary, secondary, and back-up weapons. They then also carry grenades and, in some cases, det-packs or some other such thing, designated tertiary weapons. Each man in a fire-team is trainined in an area different from the rest, using a weapon to fit that area. These weapons are designated speical weapons.

From left to right we have the Gunnner, carrying a D-10 machinegun, who provides extra power when the group is pinned down or needs to clear an area quickly. Next is the Heavy Weapons Expert, wielding a D-15 Rocket Launcher and explosives. After him is the Combat Engineer, wielding no special weapons but equipped with a small computer and various tools for hacking, sobatoging, fixing various things, blasting holes in walls, building bridges, or whatever. He also carries a more powerful sensor array and radio equipment then is equipped in the other's helemts and HUDs. Standing next to him is the Close Combat Support Trooper, wielding a D-19 FACTS, or Fully-Automatic CombaT Shotgun. He acts like the Gunner, but with more power and shorter range in his weapon. Last in line is the Sniper, with a D-12 Sniper Rifle.

All of the men in a fireteam are equipped with standard assault rifles as their primary weapon, being the D-06 'Shrecik" (Shree-ik). Their secondary weapon is a D-18 Submachinegun, and their backup weapon is a D-09 pistol. Each trooper also carries a combat knife as well. All their helemts have a basic radar sensors, which the computer uses, along iwith imput from other units and mission support, to create a small mini-map designating targets, hazards, enemies, friendlies, and neutrals. It also includes a gun sight-HUD link and a display of weapon's systems and peronal shielding level. The personal shielding is only agianst energy based weapons, with the armor being for solid projectiles. The helemt also includes a review camera system that acts as a "mirror" for each trooper, and the ability to feed a different unit's frontal camera their HUD to see what their doing. Each HUD includes night-vision, a thermal imaging system, and a flash-light as well. I'ld say that the only thing it's missing is a cup-holder but if you turn it upside down, it is one! Razz Their personal body armor is top of the line (except for spec-ops of course), with inertia dampening technology to to spread out the force of impact of hitting a wall after flying through the air from an explosion or from getting hit by shrapnel, bullets, or whatever. It is also very hard and resistant to armor peircing rounds, as well as light-weight and allowing for a nearly full-range of body movement.

And here's summoar pictures:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Lego ID : Alien_Ant2
Humor : A storm trooper and a redshirt got into a fight. The stormtrooper missed, but the redshirt died anyways.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PPT Five-man Fireteam

Post by Gandalf the Grey on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:46 am

Woah... nice dudes! Very Happy I'd like to see the Klingons try to stand a chance against them!
Gandalf the Grey
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

Lego ID : Gandalf360
Humor : Roses are red. Violets are blue. Faces like yours belong in a zoo. Don't be mad, I'll be there too. Not in the cage, but laughing at you.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:48 am

Klingons?!? You just compared infantry of the PPT to Klingons?!? I'ld prefer something like Scrae, or Martians of the ETX, or Spectral-borg, or Space Marines, and then say they have no chance. Razz Thanks anyways though. Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Humor : A storm trooper and a redshirt got into a fight. The stormtrooper missed, but the redshirt died anyways.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the Grey on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:34 pm

I meant like five of your guys against the entire crew of a Klingon D7, actually. Sound like a fairer match? Wink
Gandalf the Grey
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

Humor : Roses are red. Violets are blue. Faces like yours belong in a zoo. Don't be mad, I'll be there too. Not in the cage, but laughing at you.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:48 pm

Ahhhh, quanity versus quality, makes more sense now. Reminds me of COD zombies Razz Yes, Five of these guys could definitly take out the entire crew of a Klingon D-7, especially since they don't carry enuogh of the right kind of weapons on-board. Razz Grappling wise these people would also win, as they are all highly trained in Martial Arts. The PPT doesn't believe in the term cannon-fodder, unless it's applied to the enemy. Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the Grey on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:20 pm

Haha, the PPT is da bomb.
Gandalf the Grey
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:12 pm

Yes, we are. *superhero pose*. It's our job, who else would save you poor, stone-age people from the big-bad iron-age baddehs if it weren't for us, the electronic age people? Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the Grey on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:23 pm

If not you, then I don't know. Razz the Easter bunny maybe
Gandalf the Grey
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:10 pm

Easter Bunny? Pfffft, I was thinking something more like the tooth fairy, he is a fairy after all. Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:48 pm

Why didn't I comment here? I read it... I enjoyed it... But no comment? I'm losing it... too much time on LZP I guess Razz

Anyways, I like the guys! HOWEVER I would ease off on the number of weapons... a pistol, an SMG, an assault rifle, AND a special (likely heavy) weapon? I'd lose the assault rifle or the SMG and it ought to be perfect, also, I'd color the knifes a less.... flashy color? Other than that... NIIIIICE soldiers!
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : dino272727
Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:54 am

Thanks dino. As long as you get a comment in here before the first month since posting has gone by I'll accept it, though there will be a penalty placed upon you in greater amounts as more time goes by. Razz

The knives as supposed to be more of a dull, dark-toned, maroon color. That was the best I could get though. But I to would difinatly add more black. As for the weapon county, their supposed to be able to fight as a normal group of soldiers "just rifles, submachineguns for back up, pistol for last resort" in addition to carrying a special weapon. And size of legos aside, it wouldn't be too much for these guys to carry all that either. I know they might look better with losing a weapon, but this is one area where I take funcionality over asthetics. Very Happy I'm glad you like em though.
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:25 am

AA Hey, I tend to over equip too, (well, I don't think of it as over equipping, I think of it as being prepared) so I completely understand. I like the idea of the guns, I just wonder how practical it would be to carry all those + armor... then again, 26th century tech would be pretty lightweight... esp for a species as advanced as yours... so I guess it would work... Something I didn't even consider.... (odd given that I'm a big fan of it Razz) strength-augmenting armor could make carrying those weapons a breeze....

Last edited by dino27 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:07 pm

Yup, you've got it! Razz Why did you say sloop at the beginning of your post? Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:05 am

Slo..... AA I have no idea......... I'm scaring myself....... Let me go edit that....
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:06 am

Ok, it makes sense now. Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:10 am

Sadly, yes.... it makes perfect sense.... I'M GOING CRAZY!!! Razz
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:13 am

And you're only in Phase II assimilation. Razz You were so easy you almost weren't fun to break. Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:19 am

What do you mean break? I was crazy long before I came here! I'm just getting a little worse here, that's all Razz
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:36 am

Alot worse. Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dino27 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:41 am

OK, so a lot worse..... Razz
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top