LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Flipz' Bridge Crew

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Flipz' Bridge Crew

Post by Flipz on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:51 pm

NOTE: This information is accurate as of the Phoenix Incident. This information will be updated as necessary to improve the format and to accommodate new story information.

Note: Please discuss here or contact me via PM if you'd like to use one of these characters in a story. Thanks! Wink

Character Name: Flipz
Character Birth Date: October 26th
Species: Human (special)
Career: Command (Phoenix Command branch)
Power: Force, Imagination, Plasma Hand
Faction: PCG
First Officer: Commander Jennifer Williams
Bio: Originally from an alternate reality, a series of remarkable events led to his appearance in this Universe and the development of Plasma Hand and Imagination powers in addition to the Force skills he had as an Imperial Knight. Flipz has had an...interesting career in Starfleet. Because of his nanite infection, he is treated with many of the same prejudices as former Borg such as Captain Picard and Seven of Nine, only worse because Starfleet Command does not understand the nature of the infection (though to be fair, neither does Flipz himself). Due to some judicious string-pulling by Seven of Nine, the late Admiral Kathryn Janeway, and the late Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Flipz was given the rank of Lieutenant Commander and assigned to the USS T'Kumbra. While aboard, LCDR Flipz developed a facination with Vulcan culture, culminating in several trips to Vulcan on shore leave. During his time on Vulcan Flipz learned how to use his nanite-enhanced mind to simulate the emotionless state of Kolinahr, achieving it within only a year and a half. He used this ability to great effect when the T'Kumbra was attacked by a crew of Javidian warships. (The Javidia are a hostile alien species with powerful empathic abilities.) After the initial assault killed the T'Kumbra's captain and first officer, Flipz took command of the ship and opened negotiations. Because they could not sense his emotions, Flipz was able to out-bluff them into entering a Metreon nebula, where they were subsequently destroyed. Flipz was subsequently promoted to Captain for his actions, and he was given command of the U.S.S. Nuparu, a Nebula-class ship--but that's another story.
Personality: Flipz is friendly but reserved; sometimes he's the life of a party, others he's the only sane one in the room. As the years have gone by he's grown progressively more solemn, but he'll always spare a moment to smile at a nervous new crewman. He understands better than most the sacrifices required of those in command, having had to make many of them himself. He always tries to bring justice to those who deserve it, and he values honor and loyalty above all else. Still, he's not above bending the rules once in a while to help those who slip between the cracks and those who get overlooked by the system, and if you make him mad...look out! All in all, Flipz is definitely the kind of guy you want on your side.
Character appearance:
Flagship: Flipz captains the U.S.S. Nuparu, a Nebula-class ship. Further information will be added when it is no longer a spoiler.
Flagship name: U.S.S. Nuparu
Callsign: Helios Fleet
Accessories/Other: Flipz carries a white lightsaber at all times, along with four tsil crystals from Nam Chorios in a protective pouch. He also carries various other gear that he does not discuss with the crew. One can only imagine why he carries it...

Character Name: Jennifer Williams
Character Birth Date: May 12
Species: Human
Career: Command
Power: None
Faction: Federation
First Officer: (First Officer to Flipz)
Bio: Having served exceptionally aboard several other vessels including the Enterprise-G, Captain Flipz hand-picked her from Fleet to be his first officer. From his initial meetings with her, it was an excellent choice.
Personality: Commander Williams is usually confident, capable, and efficient; she is both motivated and determined in everything she does. However, cross her and that same motivation and determination will be focused directly on you. You have been warned!
Character appearance:

Commander Williams has flowing blonde hair and piercing eyes. She usually wears light blue jeans and a jacket from her first posting when not in full Starfleet uniform; Captain Flipz has allowed her to wear it full-time aboard the Nuparu.
Accessories/Other: Commander Williams is an avid fan of the 21st-century television series Glee, and has the complete collection of songs from the show loaded onto a music device with a Glee logo emblazoned upon it.

Character Name: T'Sing
Character Birth Date: June 11
Species: Vulcan
Career: Science
Power: Mind-Meld
First Officer: Andre Pavlov
Bio: T'Sing is a brilliant scientist who has served aboard many starships in his lifetime. For the past several assignments he worked alongside LCDR Andre Pavlov, the closest friend he has.
Personality: Unlike most Vulcans, T'Sing believes emotions may have logical roots and uses. As a result, he encourages those around him to express their emotions, rather than criticising them for having them. In spite of this, however, he is as logical and emotionless as the rest of his bretheren, and he strongly discourages any rumors to the contrary.
Character appearance:

T'Sing wears a rather ordinary variant of the standard Starfleet uniform. He also wears a headband at all times, though no one knows why.

Character Name: Andre Pavlov
Character Birth Date: January 16
Career: Security/Tactical
Power: None known
First Officer: T'Sing
Bio: Although Andre Pavlov is known for his skill with a phaser, those who dive deeper into the rumor mill hear of his other reputation. Ladies, look out, 'cause he's "only gonna break-break your, break-break your heart"!
Personality: Pavlov is funny, witty, and just plain fun to be around. If you're a guy. For women, he just turns up the charm, but that typically doesn't end well. Maybe if he acted like the officer he is instead of a young Academy stud...
Character appearance:

Pavlov wears a beret and a bomber jacket when off-duty. And when on-duty. Mostly so he can pretend he's off-duty. Actually, I don't think anyone's ever seen him wear a standard uniform...
Accessories/Other: He always has an array of weaponry hidden on him somewhere...must be a Security thing. Oh, does the ever-present cocky grin count? Yeah, I think it does...

Character Name: Hans Sulu
Character Birth Date: November 4
Career: Helm
Power: Imagination
First Officer: Kaze Hikari
Bio: While Flipz was at Starfleet Command preparing to choose his crew, Sulu nearly ran him down in a scratch-built hoverbike contraption. After seeing his piloting skills on the bike, Flipz chose him as his helm officer on the spot. This is only Sulu's second starship assignment, and his fourth overall since graduating the Academy, but he's confident (perhaps TOO confident) that he'll do just fine in the position.
Personality: Sulu can only be decribed as happy-go-lucky, and perhaps a little cocky. He's fascinated by all things technical, and he's constantly building. He's always bubbling over with enthusiasm for everything he does. Nonetheless, he still retains the legendary piloting skill of his great-great-grandfather, Hikaru Sulu of the original Enterprise. Only time will tell if he also possesses his gift for command.
Character appearance:

Accessories/Other: Sulu likes to wear a pilot's helmet and goggles when he's allowed to. He also has a self-built jetpack he likes to wear when he goes planet-side...

Character Name: Levar Norton
Character Birth Date: February 16
Species: Human?
Career: Engineering
Power: ???
Faction: PCG
Bio:
Personality:
Character appearance:
Accessories/Other:

Flipz
Phase 2 Assimilation
Phase 2 Assimilation

Lego ID : flipz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Flipz' Bridge Crew

Post by dino27 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:32 pm

So far, so col Flipz! It's nice to have a crew bio! I'm impressed with the level of detail in this thing, I might take some inspiration from it for my crew bio if you don't mind... (mainly, doing LDD pictures of the crew)
dino27
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : dino272727
Humor : The thing that disturbs me most about LZP is not the fact that we have mutant leanpockets, but that I understand why we have mutant leanpockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyred on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:30 pm

Very nice Flipz, glad you included pictures. Razz One problem with the ranks though, not only in the PCG, but also the USN and Starfleet both Lt. Commander, O-4 and Commander, O-5 are ranks that are held by ship's captains. While "Captain, O-6" is a rank, it is also a title (Though, O-6 is a paygrade). The lowest rank you have to be in order to be a captain is LT. Commander, O-4. (Though you can still be a first officer and a LT. Commander) However, I'm not positive, but I believe that nearly all Commanders, O-5 are captains.

Also, in the PCG, Commander, O-5 has been and always will be a council only rank, and I would prefer that LT. Commander, O-4 be reserved for those that are actually ship's captains. (Though technically anyone that is an Ensign, O-1 can be a ship's captain in the PCG)

Elgo the Conqueror wrote:I have an army.

Johnnyred wrote:We have an Arnold.

[00:25:16] @ Em : Alright. Let's change my profile pic to be manlier~~~
Johnnyred
Fan-of-All-Sorts-of-Stuff-That-You've-Never-Heard-of-Guy
Fan-of-All-Sorts-of-Stuff-That-You've-Never-Heard-of-Guy

Lego ID : Johnnyred
Humor : Star Trek + Space Battleship Yamato/Dr. Who = 42

View user profile http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Johnnyred

Back to top Go down

Post by Flipz on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:16 am

Johnnyred wrote:Very nice Flipz, glad you included pictures. Razz One problem with the ranks though, not only in the PCG, but also the USN and Starfleet both Lt. Commander, O-4 and Commander, O-5 are ranks that are held by ship's captains. While "Captain, O-6" is a rank, it is also a title (Though, O-6 is a paygrade). The lowest rank you have to be in order to be a captain is LT. Commander, O-4. (Though you can still be a first officer and a LT. Commander) However, I'm not positive, but I believe that nearly all Commanders, O-5 are captains.

Also, in the PCG, Commander, O-5 has been and always will be a council only rank, and I would prefer that LT. Commander, O-4 be reserved for those that are actually ship's captains. (Though technically anyone that is an Ensign, O-1 can be a ship's captain in the PCG)

These are the pre-PCG Federation ranks. Wink Also note that this matches (mostly) the rank setup used on the Enterprise-D in TNG--Captain, then Commander, then two Lieutenant-Commanders, then two Lieutenants, then the Counsellor and Doctor.

(This also illustrates my issue with the ranks that I gave you in PM.)
Flipz
Phase 2 Assimilation
Phase 2 Assimilation

Lego ID : flipz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top