LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Super Smash Bros. 4 in Development

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Super Smash Bros. 4 in Development

Post by KaijuToonamiGuy on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:20 am

Hey guys! Today we're talking Super Smash Bros.!

Now, since E3 2011 the Nintendo press conference announced that Project Sora's next game project after Kid Icarus: Uprising will be Super Smash Bros. 4!! Project Sora said they will develop Smash Bros. 4 for both Nintendo 3DS and the new console the Wii U! Since Kid Icarus for the 3DS has been completed, I do believe that Project Sora just started developing Smash Bros. 4, but the launch date is still To Be Announced!

But of course there has been some leaked titles for the next Smash Bros. game, one of the leaked titles has been Super Smash Bros. Universe. Also, there had been some character predictions for this Smash Bros. title that they'll might replace Twilight Princess Link with Skyward Sword Link. They'll might replace Ganondorf with Ghirahim (Skyward Sword). They'll might add in Little Mac (Punch-Out!!) as a playable character. But also there has been a rumor that Capcom is going to Nintendo to put Mega Man into Smash Bros. 4!! Very Happy

And I know millions of people are not happy with Capcom lately ever since they didn't include Mega Man in Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and cancelling Mega Man Legends 3 and of course Mega Man Universe. Mad But I'd say, if Capcom puts Mega Man into the new Smash Bros. 4 game, then I think maybe all the fans will forgive them.

Also, come and visit my post in the Off-Topic Discussion Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS (What characters do you expect to see?) and maybe post some of your characters that you want to see happen in this new Smash Bros. game!
KaijuToonamiGuy
Insane & Alive

Lego ID : Shulk1991
Humor : Bazinga!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Super Smash Bros. 4 in Development

Post by Johnnyred on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:38 pm

This is totally awesome, I was very disappointed myself that Megaman wasn't in MvC3, but I was happy that they put Phoenix Wright in.

Characters that should be included

Super Mario Bros
- Mario (With Dr. Mario as character skin)
- Luigi
- Princess Peach (With Daisy and Rosalina as character skins)
- Yoshi
- Bowser
- Wario
- Waluigi

Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- Dixie Kong

Starfox
- Fox McCloud (With Falco and Wolf as character skins)
- Krystal (Starfox, with Adventures, Assault, and Conerian pilot skins)

F-Zero
- Captain Falcon

Metroid
- Samus Aran (With Dark Samus as Character Skin)
- Zero Suit Samus (Availible by using Final Smash, or choosing on character select)
- Ridley

Earthbound (Mother)
- Ness
- Lucus
- Starman

The Legend of Zelda
- Link (All versions of Link as character skins with the exception of Toon Link, Young Link, and Minish Link)
- Young Link
- Toon Link
- Minish Link
- Zelda
- Sheik (Availible by using the transformation move, or choosing on character select)
- Gannondorf
- Ghirahim
- Skull Kid

Fire Emblem
- Marth
- Roy
- Ike
- Lyndis

Poke'mon
- Pichu, Pikachu, & Raichu (You can choose Pichu and evolve to Pikachu, and from Pikachu evolve to Raichu, or you can choose each individually.)
- Mewtwo
- Lucario
- Poke'mon Trainer (With Squirtle, Charizard, and Ivysaur as Poke'mon, and the female trainer is availible)
- Jigglypuff, yeah, she's terrible, but she's been in it since the first game.

Kirby
- Kirby (Yarn version availible as character skin)
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede

Chrono Trigger
- Chrono

Kid Icarus
- Icarus Pit

Pikmin
- Olimar (With Louie as a character skin)

Other
- R.O.B.
- Mr. Game and Watch
- Ice Climbers

Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic the Hedgehog (With Darkspin Sonic and Knight, Knight of the Wind Sonic, Sonic Adventure 2 Sonic, and Riders Sonic as character Skins)
- Amy Rose
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Knuckles the Echidna

Metal Gear
- Snake
- Gray Fox

Megaman
- Megaman
- Protoman
- Megaman X
- Zero

Phoenix Wright
- Phoenix Wright

Halo
- Master Cheif
- Sgt. Johnson

Rayman
- Rayman

Pac-man
- Pac-man (With Ms. Pac-Man as a character skin)
- Ghost (With all the ghosts as character skins)

Contra
- Bill "Mad Dog" Rizer
- Lance "Scorpion" Bean

Castlevania
- Simon Belmont

Golden Sun
- Isaac
- Garet

Uncharted
- Nathan Drake

Ninja Gaiden
-Ryu Hayabusa

Tomb Raider
- Laura Croft

Final Fantasy
- Sir Cecil Harvey
- Cloud Strife (with Zack Fair as character skin along with Advent Children rendition and Kingdom Hearts rendition of Cloud)
- Squall Leonhart
- Sephiroth
- Tidus
- Lightning

Kingdom Hearts
- Sora
- King Mickey
- Donald
- Goofy

Prince of Persia
- Prince (With the various versions as character skins)

Classic PC characters
- Guybrush Threepwood (Monkey Island)
- Roger Wilco (Space Quest)
- King Graham (With Prince Alexander as a character skin) (Kings Quest)
- Duke Nukem (Duke Nukem)
- Gordan Freeman (Half-Life)
- Chell (Portal)
- Jim Raynor (Star Craft)

Whew... that was a mouthful, and that doesn't even include all the Assit Trophies. That is a lot of characters for one game, but then again... has anyone ever played any Dragon Ball Z games? Goodnight! There's a ton of characters in those! And there's lots of characters in the MvC games as well.

Elgo the Conqueror wrote:I have an army.

Johnnyred wrote:We have an Arnold.

[00:25:16] @ Em : Alright. Let's change my profile pic to be manlier~~~
Johnnyred
Fan-of-All-Sorts-of-Stuff-That-You've-Never-Heard-of-Guy

Lego ID : Johnnyred
Humor : Star Trek + Space Battleship Yamato/Dr. Who = 42

View user profile http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Johnnyred

Back to top Go down

Post by KaijuToonamiGuy on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:53 pm

J-red: Some of the characters that you want in Smash Bros. I understand, but Uncharted, Halo, and Tomb Raider characters aren't going to happen because they are owned by Sony and Microsoft corps. There has already been a copycat of Smash Bros. game by Sony called PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. But sometimes on youtube, people put up fan-made videos of Smash Bros. Brawl that showed Ike (Fire Emblem) with the exact colors as Cloud Strife and also Marth (Fire Emblem) with the exact colors of Sephiroth. But I doubt that Nintendo would get some of the characters you listed, sorry.
KaijuToonamiGuy
Insane & Alive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyred on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:24 pm

Yeah, I know that some of the stuff would pretty much be impossible (And Guybrush Threepwood is actually a possible character along with Sephrioth for All Stars Battle) However, Final Fantasy Characters would be a little plausable because Final Fantasy I-VI were originally for NES/SNES, and there are several FF games for GBA, NDS, and Wii. I'm imagining more like a "Video Game All Stars Rumble" with the greatest characters of greatest video games of all time, including some forgotten by many (Contra, Monkey Island, Space Quest, Golden Sun, etc.)

Elgo the Conqueror wrote:I have an army.

Johnnyred wrote:We have an Arnold.

[00:25:16] @ Em : Alright. Let's change my profile pic to be manlier~~~
Johnnyred

Lego ID : Johnnyred
Humor : Star Trek + Space Battleship Yamato/Dr. Who = 42

View user profile http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Johnnyred

Back to top Go down

Post by KaijuToonamiGuy on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:10 pm

NEW NEWS!!

Namco Bandai are teaming up with Project Sora to work on the new Smash Bros. 4 game to make the game quicker!! Hopefully we'll expect some Namco characters to join Smash Bros. 4!! Sakurai also said the new Smash Bros. game will only limit about 50 different characters. Also Sakurai said that he wants to take the game in a different direction so most of the characters wouldn't have the same like features.

There hasn't been further news whether a Capcom character will show up in the next Smash Bros. game for Wii U/3DS. It might or might not happen since Capcom is a slightly different universe.

~~~Pred/Joe~~~
KaijuToonamiGuy
Insane & Alive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aokpisz on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:32 pm

Nice. Twill be epic. I want Meta Knight in it. And I want him overpowered like SSBB.
Aokpisz
Crazy
Crazy

Lego ID : Aokpisz
Humor : Okay. Honestly. I have no humor. None. Nada. Big Fat Goose Egg. And by reading this, you are scummbing to reverse psychology.

View user profile http://legomessageboards.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KaijuToonamiGuy on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:55 pm

Recent news on this new Smash Bros. title...

Sakurai mentioned he will reveal the Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS title trailer at the E3 this year. The only question that people will have is "Who's going to be in the character roster?"

Well... That's still yet-to-be-determined!

But, other than that, we just have to find out in the trailer from the E3 Nintendo press conference sometime this summer or so.

Reminder note: The new Smash Bros. game will be taken in a totally different direction than the last Smash Bros. titles. The game may only limit 50 or so in the character roster.
KaijuToonamiGuy
Insane & Alive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Julias Caeser on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:06 pm

I honestly do hope we have less characters than the last game. Brawl, while fun, had to many copy-cat characters with almost 100% identical attack movements, which is quite irritating.
Julias Caeser
Banned
Banned

Lego ID : captainBrickmaster
Humor : Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRunedEXP on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:31 am

Looks a sign for more Brawl Parties xD
TheRunedEXP
Phase 1 Assimilation
Phase 1 Assimilation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonar_The_Minicon on Mon May 13, 2013 2:22 pm

Smash Bros for a portable system for once!? That'd be really cool. Razz
Too bad I don't HAVE the 3DS or the WiiU yet. Razz. Oh well. Razz
Sonar_The_Minicon
Phase 1 Assimilation
Phase 1 Assimilation

Lego ID : Wasn't on Lego.
Humor : Watch these.... :P Perfectly clean videos, don't worry. **WARNING! EXTREME METAL! DO NOT WATCH UNLESS YOU CAN TAKE THE HEAT.... YOU'VE BEEN WARNED....** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF7DFlIv9qQ & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVM6uDwNz1g

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KaijuToonamiGuy on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:25 am

These trailers are officially from E3 this year!!!

Take a look!! Very Happy

KaijuToonamiGuy
Insane & Alive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aokpisz on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:20 am

Also, she's not in that video, but the Wii Fit Trainer girl is in there too.
Aokpisz
Crazy
Crazy

Lego ID : Aokpisz
Humor : Okay. Honestly. I have no humor. None. Nada. Big Fat Goose Egg. And by reading this, you are scummbing to reverse psychology.

View user profile http://legomessageboards.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by World's Richest Merchant on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:18 pm

I don't like the black outlines around the 3DS version's characters. Razz

Also, according to the website, everyone else from brawl just got ditched from the way it appears, including some of the original characters seen in Super Smash Bros for the Nintendo 64 that have returned in all three games to date, and all that will be available is Mario, Link, Samus, DK, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Bowser, Pit, and the three new characters, which are the Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer...? I'd hope this is only a preview at all the characters that will be seen in the game, and not the actual entire list. Because if that IS all that will be available, and they don't add too many new modes and maps to make up for it, then I can't see much reason to get it.

Also, is it just me, or are they not taking advantage of the Wii U's graphics capabilities with this game? I've seen a few of the other games that are supposed to be released on the Wii U, and they look a bit better, this does not look much better than Brawl. Graphics are by no means a 'must' in my opinion, but if the system can support it, and everyone playing it is going to be using this same system, I see no reason to take the extra step.

Also, I think they could have saved the "characters" trailer for later and given us something that gives more of an idea of what the game will have to offer over the original, the idea is to give the players of the original three games a piece of something new to gain their interest, then keep giving pieces to gain their interest. Not show more of the same old things they've seen already (mostly the same characters except for loads of missing ones from Brawl, and three new ones that I can't honestly say I'm too excited about, Samus even STILL has the same final smash as she did in Brawl) with mildly improved graphics.

Perhaps later trailers will show details this one hasn't shared yet, and I'm not denying that there is nothing else to be shown, but for the "first piece of content" they've selected to show, I can't say I'm impressed, in fact, I'm disappointed, and that defeats the very purpose of even displaying it, versus the collection of new content or even the basic content that they could have shown. They could have caught my interest right away if they had shown me an example of, say, the new map editor (assuming they didn't get rid of it), and if it had loads of improvements over the original in Brawl, I'd be saving up money in advance for this game right now, a year ahead. Or even if they displayed a new campaign mode that was vastly improved, or just ANYTHING new, I'd at least have a lot more interest in future updates on the game, even if they provided this semi-disappointing trailer in the beginning, at least then would I have some idea that they did add something truly new, versus seeing three 'new' characters that will probably just be replacements for three others they removed from Brawl, with the addition of many, many characters that are just... gone, and only a handful of the characters that used to be there (Assuming these are the only characters in it, Bowser and Yoshi won't even be in it, and those are VERY well known characters, Yoshi of which has been in it since the beginning), versus only being able to assume that they MIGHT have added something new that really is an improvement over Brawl.

So, that's not to say I'm discouraged from looking at future trailers to see if this game really does have potential, but until then, I can't say I'm interested.

||
=LM=
||
||
World's Richest Merchant
TOATUBBY
TOATUBBY

Lego ID : Pikmin0207
Humor : Time is money, but you can always get more of the latter!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Em on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:28 pm

Does that mean they're taking out Mr. Game and Watch? He was my favorite!

The character choices I've heard thus far are very... interesting.

Resident CanuckMadman

Location : I still remember all the glittering lights on Corsucant. Very pretty. Can we go back there, master?
Lego ID : HK-47
Humor : Commentary: I mean... nice human, goo-oood human...

View user profile http://Eurobricks, LEGO, Brickset... so on, so forth...

Back to top Go down

Post by World's Richest Merchant on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:07 pm

I have a feeling "villager" is the new Mr. Game & Watch.

||
=LM=
||
||
World's Richest Merchant
TOATUBBY
TOATUBBY

Lego ID : Pikmin0207
Humor : Time is money, but you can always get more of the latter!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Em on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:49 pm

Villager is from Animal Crossing. He'll never be as cool as Mr. Game and Watch.

Resident CanuckMadman

Location : I still remember all the glittering lights on Corsucant. Very pretty. Can we go back there, master?
Lego ID : HK-47
Humor : Commentary: I mean... nice human, goo-oood human...

View user profile http://Eurobricks, LEGO, Brickset... so on, so forth...

Back to top Go down

Post by green on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:11 am

Pikminzerotwozeroseven wrote:I don't like the black outlines around the 3DS version's characters. Razz

Also, according to the website, everyone else from brawl just got ditched from the way it appears, including some of the original characters seen in Super Smash Bros for the Nintendo 64 that have returned in all three games to date, and all that will be available is Mario, Link, Samus, DK, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Bowser, Pit, and the three new characters, which are the Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer...? I'd hope this is only a preview at all the characters that will be seen in the game, and not the actual entire list. Because if that IS all that will be available, and they don't add too many new modes and maps to make up for it, then I can't see much reason to get it.

The site and game is still in development, so they probably could add whatever at any time. And they can't just leave Fire Emblem: Awakening and Kid Icarus: Uprising's original characters out. Seriously, Chrom and Magnus deserve to be in the game. They just released a trailer. They aren't going to announce everything all at once because they want to keep their fans looking forward to the game.

green
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

Lego ID : thats personal info no

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top