LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

OLD TV SHOWS: 50s-70s

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OLD TV SHOWS: 50s-70s

Post by Lone-Star on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:24 pm

Hi, everyone!

Throughout television history, there have been a number of milestone shows that have stood the test of time and continue to be loved and enjoyed by modern television viewers today. Many of these milestone shows were in the "old days," a timeframe I like to put between 1950 and the late to mid 1970s. During this season, a number of comedies, sci-fis, "realities", and other shows appeared that continue to entertain thousands today.

The following list includes (but is not limited to) some of the more popular shows of this period.
1. I Love Lucy
2. The Dick van Dyke Show
3. The Andy Griffith Show
4. Dragnet
5. Hogan's Heroes
6. McHale's Navy
7. Gomer Pyle, USMC
8. M*A*S*H
9. The Alfred Hitchcock Hour
10. The Twilight Zone
11. The Brady Bunch
12. Green Acres
13. Happy Days

These are only some of the titles from the "good old days" of television, so if I am missing any, please let me know!

So if you have a particular favorite show from this period, and would like to talk about it, please post here so we can know why you liked that show--or why you didn't!

God bless,
~Com. Scarecrow~

PS: Please also include your favorite characters and your favorite episodes!

:face:

Last edited by Commander Scarecrow on Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

Lego ID : scarecrow535
Humor : Lemme ask you just one question: I THINK YOU'RE LYING!!! --A Bad Lawyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OLD TV SHOWS: 50s-70s

Post by Fluffy on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:26 pm

The I love Lucy show is hilarious!

I haven't seen a whole lot of episodes, but I like one where she accidently joins the marines, and another one where she gets a new roommate, and it's Carol Brunette. Razz

OH WAIT. That's a different show. That's the "Lucy Show", sorry. I haven't seen I love Lucy, yet. =P

The Andy Griffith show is great!! Idk if I can decide which one to post about, but I like Opie, and Barney the best.

Queen of Bunnies

Lego ID : Fluffy
Humor : My employer won't pay for my breakfast, therefore I have "no access" to food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Who on Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:13 pm

I've seen M*A*S*H, it's hilarious. Laughing

The others; I've heard of most of them but I have yet to watch any. Everyone keeps telling me to watch I Love Lucy though. =p

Last edited by Supersonic Frappuccino on Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *it's)

The TARDIS  
Doctor Who
TOATUBBY
TOATUBBY

Lego ID : Takanuva101411
Humor : I tried to catch some fog. I mist.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BrickCaptain on Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:26 pm

The Dick Van Dyke Show is awesome; in particular I love the one with the inflatable boat. ROFL!
You didn't include Happy Days by the way.
BrickCaptain
News Reporter for Customization of Minifigs
News Reporter for Customization of Minifigs

Lego ID : RubyRaptor
Humor : What if I were to parody a Weird al Yankovic song?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffy on Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:03 pm

Idk when the Carol Burnett Show was aired, but I love the clips I've seen from that show, including Harvey and Tim Conway. Razz

Queen of Bunnies

Lego ID : Fluffy
Humor : My employer won't pay for my breakfast, therefore I have "no access" to food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyred on Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:43 pm

How about the original Battlestar Galactica? Cool The one where Starbuck was cooler... 'cause he was a guy.

@ Brickcaptain - YESH! I love the Dick Van Dyke Show! One of the best sitcoms ever made!

Elgo the Conqueror wrote:I have an army.

Johnnyred wrote:We have an Arnold.

[00:25:16] @ Em : Alright. Let's change my profile pic to be manlier~~~
Johnnyred
Fan-of-All-Sorts-of-Stuff-That-You've-Never-Heard-of-Guy

Lego ID : Johnnyred
Humor : Star Trek + Space Battleship Yamato/Dr. Who = 42

View user profile http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Johnnyred

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Kojan on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:05 pm

Oh my gosh... M*A*S*H is, like I've said before, my favorite TV show of all time. Hawkeye is my favorite character, although Father Mulcahy, Colonel Potter, Corporal Klinger, and Sidney Freedman.

I like how the show is mostly a comedy, but it does (Once or twice a season) bring up very serious issues, usually about war.

In any case, the show is just so good on so many levels.
Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : AndrewJC248 | Kojan Riktan
Humor : The Deviants may have their PsiTech, true, but we have Novalith cannons.

View user profile http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ndb on Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:08 am

I'm a fan of Green Acres, Hogan's Heroes, and Mister Ed. The only one of which I have a favorite episode is Hogans Heroes. There is an episode where Hogan, Lebeau, and Newkirk have to dress as women for a mission. Comedy ensues. I believe it is season one, episode 27.
ndb
News Reporter
News Reporter

Lego ID : ndb
Humor : Me Grimlock think you look funny!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:38 am

@Cotton Candy: LOL, yeah, Lucy was a very funny person, regardless of which show she was in Very Happy I personally have only seen the original I Love Lucy, but I think my sis has seen the Lucy Show. My faves in the Andy Griffith Show have to be Barney, Otis, Floyd, and Ernest T. Bass. As for Tim Conway, he's a hoot, too! He was a main character in McHale's Navy, and appeared alongside such comedy masters as Joe Flynn and Bob Hastings. Flynn and Hastings made the best comedy duo outside of Don Knotts and Tim Conway or Bob Crane and Werner Klemperer.

@Supersonic: I haven't seen much of M*A*S*H, but I would like to because everybody is talking about how funny it is. As for I Love Lucy, you really need to watch that! Smile Also try Hogan's Heroes. Hogan and Col. Klink are dynamite together.

@BrickCaptain: Yikes! I totally forgot Happy Days! I don't know why, since it has Ronny Howard in it and Howard was a main character in the Andy Griffith Show. I'll be sure to edit that into my main post Wink Thanks for telling me!

@Johnnyred: Battlestar Galactica? I didn't know that was an older show, but I'll be happy to include that in the list. Smile What years did it run? I think they have a modern version out--I remember one of my friends raving about it.

@Kojan: LOL, yes I know you're a M*A*S*H fan! Razz I would like to see more of it. It sounds like a really good show. I like shows that are mostly comedy but also have some serious edges to them as well. It kind of balances the mood. I think that the guy who played Father Mulcahy was a popular actor in some of the older shows. I remember him appearing in Gomer Pyle, USMC, and Hogan's Heroes. I think he was also a guest star in the Andy Griffith Show.

@ndb: LOL, that Hogan's episode sounds like a riot! Too bad that I haven't seen it. My Hogan's viewing is limited to YouTube, unfortunately. I hope to get all the seasons some day. Do you know how many seasons it ran? I was thinking it ran like five seasons. Hogan and Klink are some of my favorite all-time TV characters. Klink is such a sucker! ROFL! One of my favorite episodes is when General Burkhalter went to a dam on a Nazi river and Klink inadvertently caused the destruction of the dam (due to Hogan's manipulating, of course). Perhaps my favorite episode is when Hogan and his heroes trick the Nazis into thinking that the war is over. Major Hochstetter (sp?) was a riot, too. Always screaming, "WHAT IS THIS MAN DOING HERE???" LOL.

God bless, and please continue the conversations!
~Com. Scarecrow~
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aokpisz on Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:59 am

What was that one with the guy in the military.
The guy who's the mechanic in Andy Griffen. Razz
Uh... :blank:
Aokpisz
Crazy
Crazy

Lego ID : Aokpisz
Humor : Okay. Honestly. I have no humor. None. Nada. Big Fat Goose Egg. And by reading this, you are scummbing to reverse psychology.

View user profile http://legomessageboards.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayko on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:30 am

I Love Lucy is okay, but I generally find that it's one of those things where once you've seen one, you've seen them all.

The Dick van Dyke show, however, now that's something else! For me, I can watch the same episode 20 times and still laugh my head off at every joke. Situation comedy at it's best! (Yes, just watched one last night) My personal favorite one is the one titled "The Attempted Marriage".

You also forgot the unforgettable Leave it to Beaver. I think that one really epitomizes the 1950s television scene.
Jayko
Phase 2 Assimilation
Phase 2 Assimilation

Lego ID : Jayko8646
Humor : Jaykoness all 'round!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Kojan on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:20 am

Jayko, that reminds me of The Twilight Zone. You can watch each episode over and over, and it's still as awesome, creepy, and mystifying as the first time. That's why it's in my top 5 favorite shows list.
Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : AndrewJC248 | Kojan Riktan
Humor : The Deviants may have their PsiTech, true, but we have Novalith cannons.

View user profile http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:21 pm

@Kojan: Yahoo for the Twilight Zone! cheers That's one of my favorite creepy shows from the old days. What I love about it is that, most of the time, there is always a good moral truth behind it. For instance, one of the episodes was about a former Nazi SS torturer who still believed in racism and the Third Reich. Well, he goes to visit his old slave labor camp, and while he is there he is haunted by the ghosts of the people he executed. He eventually is driven to insanity by the guilt, and good ole Serling gives his ending comments cool! It sounds bad when I recount it, but if you've seen the episode itself you know it's quite good.

@Fawful: LOL, that's Gomer Pyle, played by Jim Neighbors. He's a family-friendly character for sure, and his simple innocence is often used to inspire some good laughs in light of the rudeness of Sergeant Carter (Frank Sutton) in Gomer Pyle, USMC.

@Jayko: Man, I wish I could see some of this Dick van Dyke humor you're raving about! I just haven't found it on the internet yet. I watch most of the old shows via Hulu or YouTube, and I haven't looked up the Dick van Dyke show yet. I guess I need to do it, though, eh? LOL I know what you mean about laughing at the same episode every time you see it. It's the same with me when it comes to Hogan's Heroes and McHale's Navy. There's also a couple episodes of Gomer Pyle, USMC that I still get a big kick out of. The humor of these old time shows is just so classical yet so family friendly that it's hard not to enjoy them again and again.

Three cheers for the ol' shows! ULTIMATE HYPER

God bless ya'll,
~Com. Scarecrow~
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Em on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:21 pm

MASH is amazing Razz

I forget, was the A-Team or MacGyver around that time? Those are pretty good shows too. Razz

Resident CanuckMadman

Location : I still remember all the glittering lights on Corsucant. Very pretty. Can we go back there, master?
Lego ID : HK-47
Humor : Commentary: I mean... nice human, goo-oood human...

View user profile http://Eurobricks, LEGO, Brickset... so on, so forth...

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyred on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:23 pm

@ Leg - I'mma thinkin' those were 80's. Still ossum shows in that era.

@ Scare - BSG (Original series) ran '78-'79, and a one season sequel in '80.

Elgo the Conqueror wrote:I have an army.

Johnnyred wrote:We have an Arnold.

[00:25:16] @ Em : Alright. Let's change my profile pic to be manlier~~~
Johnnyred

Lego ID : Johnnyred
Humor : Star Trek + Space Battleship Yamato/Dr. Who = 42

View user profile http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Johnnyred

Back to top Go down

Post by ndb on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:41 pm

Commander Scarecrow wrote:

@ndb: LOL, that Hogan's episode sounds like a riot! Too bad that I haven't seen it. My Hogan's viewing is limited to YouTube, unfortunately. I hope to get all the seasons some day. Do you know how many seasons it ran? I was thinking it ran like five seasons. Hogan and Klink are some of my favorite all-time TV characters. Klink is such a sucker! ROFL! One of my favorite episodes is when General Burkhalter went to a dam on a Nazi river and Klink inadvertently caused the destruction of the dam (due to Hogan's manipulating, of course). Perhaps my favorite episode is when Hogan and his heroes trick the Nazis into thinking that the war is over. Major Hochstetter (sp?) was a riot, too. Always screaming, "WHAT IS THIS MAN DOING HERE???" LOL.

God bless, and please continue the conversations!
~Com. Scarecrow~

I have not seen the episode with the dam, the series lasted for 6 seasons. The DVD sets aren't terribly hard to find and aren't usually too expensive.
ndb
News Reporter
News Reporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:28 pm

[quote/]I have not seen the episode with the dam, the series lasted for 6 seasons. The DVD sets aren't terribly hard to find and aren't usually too expensive.[/quote]

I ought to check my local Walmart to see if I can find the seasons. Do you know if a particular store would carry them?

~Com. Scarecrow~
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aokpisz on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:52 pm

The first bracketed quote doesn't need to have a slash after it.
JSYK. Razz
Aokpisz
Crazy
Crazy

Lego ID : Aokpisz
Humor : Okay. Honestly. I have no humor. None. Nada. Big Fat Goose Egg. And by reading this, you are scummbing to reverse psychology.

View user profile http://legomessageboards.wikia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:37 pm

Whoops--didn't know that. LOL. Embarassed
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ndb on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:18 am

Commander Scarecrow wrote:[quote/]I have not seen the episode with the dam, the series lasted for 6 seasons. The DVD sets aren't terribly hard to find and aren't usually too expensive.

I ought to check my local Walmart to see if I can find the seasons. Do you know if a particular store would carry them?

~Com. Scarecrow~[/quote]

We found a couple at Target, others were purchased online or at a local bookstore.
ndb
News Reporter
News Reporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone-Star on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:14 pm

ndb wrote:
Commander Scarecrow wrote:[quote/]I have not seen the episode with the dam, the series lasted for 6 seasons. The DVD sets aren't terribly hard to find and aren't usually too expensive.

~Com. Scarecrow~

We found a couple at Target, others were purchased online or at a local bookstore.[/quote]

Ok, thanks for the tip. Wink There's a Target near me so I will consider that when I have the money and time to head that way.
Lone-Star
Chicken Lord, 1st Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the Grey on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:39 pm

haha, thanks to Jayko, I've seen a few of these. McHale's Navy, Dick van Dyke, Andy Griffith... all good stuff. But MASH is my favourite out of all those! My dad was into that for a while and we killed ourselves laughing when we watched it. Good times!
Gandalf the Grey
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

Lego ID : Gandalf360
Humor : Roses are red. Violets are blue. Faces like yours belong in a zoo. Don't be mad, I'll be there too. Not in the cage, but laughing at you.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by StarOfBethlehem on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:15 pm

I used to watch I Love Lucy. It was fun! And funNY! Razz

Gandalf the Grey wrote:haha, thanks to Jayko, I've seen a few of these. McHale's Navy, Dick van Dyke, Andy Griffith... all good stuff. But MASH is my favourite out of all those! My dad was into that for a while and we killed ourselves laughing when we watched it. Good times!
I think my uncle LOVED MASH Razz

Last edited by Cotton Candy on Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged baby. OH YEAH!)

StarOfBethlehem
Phase 1 Assimilation
Phase 1 Assimilation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:22 pm

^ DOUBLE POST!!! SOMEONE!!!!! AAHHHHHH! jk. I did it my first time here too, but for the future if you want to say something more and no one else has posted since you, just click the edit button and add it.

I love M*A*S*H, the Twilight Zone, and Andy Griffith. Such great shows…Ah…I wish I could go back in time, when tv was good and not a bunch of stupid reality shows.
Fire
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by StarOfBethlehem on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:28 pm

Fire Bird wrote:^ DOUBLE POST!!! SOMEONE!!!!! AAHHHHHH! jk. I did it my first time here too, but for the future if you want to say something more and no one else has posted since you, just click the edit button and add it.

I love M*A*S*H, the Twilight Zone, and Andy Griffith. Such great shows…Ah…I wish I could go back in time, when tv was good and not a bunch of stupid reality shows.
Very funny Razz I knew you weren't supposed to double post, but I didn't think it counted if one comment was to the post and the other was to a specific person Razz

Ever watched Blondie on a Budget? Razz I think the actual show was just Blondie.

StarOfBethlehem
Phase 1 Assimilation
Phase 1 Assimilation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top