LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Dalu's Stuff and Nonsense

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dalu's Stuff and Nonsense

Post by Dalu on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:01 pm

ART POST:

Okay, here's my horse sketch!  I need help on this with suggestions from everything, but especially from our resident horse artist Kayla. Very Happy  I really want to start drawing horses more.  They're so epic.

I drew this from the label on a dewormer box. LOL  Except I added the...beardish thing (what's it called, Kayla?) on his chin, and the tufts of hair on his hooves, because I LOVE HORSE BREEDS THAT HAVE THAT!  

Spoiler:
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Location : In a classroom with other brain-fried med students...
Lego ID : Dalu50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:04 pm

ART POST:

Okay, here's my horse sketch!  I need help on this with suggestions from everything, but especially from our resident horse artist Kayla. Very Happy  I really want to start drawing horses more.  They're so epic.

I drew this from the label on a dewormer box. LOL  Except I added the...beardish thing (what's it called, Kayla?) on his chin, and the tufts of hair on his hooves, because I LOVE HORSE BREEDS THAT HAVE THAT!

Spoiler:
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:20 pm

Super awesome job on the lighting first off!
And the hair on their chin, well, you've got the whiskers and then I guess its just a beard. I'm not aware or any official term for that, as for the hair on the fetlocks, those are called feathers Wink (ridiculous I know xD )

The head you might want to define a little bit more (just adding eyes in. idk you might have them already in but I can't see, unless you just want it to be a silhouette) 

But the legs. They're very thin, and very short. This horse looks more like a friesian horse, so here's a pic to kinda help I guess Razz, see the thickness in the legs? You don't have to add all that much to yours:
Spoiler:

Here's a good silhouette version:
Spoiler:

One more thing though (I'm sorry if I'm being to nit picky Embarassed )

Notes how on the barrel, its the widest in the middle, and as it goes to meet the flanks it gets a little narrower. The barrel you drew is actaully really good, but, it looks off with as much hind quarters as she has. If the legs were longer/wider, you could just make the barrel alittle bigger instead off messing with the hind quarters. And last thing I swear, the hooves need to be much bigger. In most horse drawings I see, thats one mistake that is repeated over and over again. 

So all and all, its good, but just some proportions that are off. I can send you a list of helpful proportion reminders (like the langth of the head is genneraly the same langth of the withers to the chest,- side view- etc) Shading and lighting are wonderful. EM, MANLY MAN OF MAN 

I'm really sorry that this was so long. And don't be discouraged please by how nit picky I was. Embarassed
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Lego ID : arwin,arwin1,arwin2
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:27 pm

Thanks so much for those detailed suggestions!  The pic was most helpful! I'll probably try to draw that pic next!  I wish I had the pic I drew it from to show you.  It got thrown away, alas. The hooves seemed so tiny on the horse I drew, but it was probably a light effect that made them that way.

I guess I put feathers and whiskers on the wrong breed?

I purposefully put hair over the eye area because I couldn't draw the eye. ROFL  You caught me there. Razz

Um, wait there! I don't know what a barrel or fetlocks are. LOL  You must speak in layman's terms with me; it's all new stuff! Very Happy
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:39 am

And knaw I don't think you did. Most horses have some sort of feathers. From breed to breed it depends how much/think Wink and all horses have whiskers. It helps them feel when their eating, sadly, alot of show people cut the whiskers off. D: Sad 

Oh don't worry bout that, sometimes when ya can't get something its better to just cover it up Wink 

Ok, here are some parts of the horse. Wink 
This is a more simple one cause well, ya don't really need a super indepth detailed one for drawing them. Smile I hope this helps. MEMORIZE THESE GIRL! EM, MANLY MAN OF MAN 

(Huh. I need to correct myself, when I said all that stuff about the barrel of your horse, I guess I ment the belly as well xD sorry! Razz ) 
And here is one more that has a few things the one above didn't have:

Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zint Fazer on Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:32 pm

*Ooooooh* *ahhhhh*
That's incredibly awesome, I'll never know how you can be so effective using just black and white and showing.... like.. the reflection/depth.../thing... 

I need to expand my drawing vocabulary. xD
Basically how it's not just flat. Razz 

And the fine hair on the main, flowing forward and all like that - It looks so perfect. Not sure how you can manage to do that so well. Razz That's awesome.

My all new guide, "The Definitive Names of a Horse's Body Parts (Copyright 2031)," details all the parts of the horse in amazing detail, so that you can effectively move beyond layman's terminology.

No no, it's ok, really, no need to thank me for the immense help.

Now your pictures are outmatched, Zyph! My chart is clearly superior.
Zint Fazer
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Lego ID : rezaFtinZ (But backwards)
Humor : I make funny jokes.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:46 pm

I gotta agree with Zack about making the drawing so "not flat" xD It does amaze me. How the heck do you do that???

Zack: Pfft... 

You sir hath been beaten.

xD 
Doesn't know most the parts in these in-depth pictures/hasn't memorized them xD Razz 
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zint Fazer on Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:14 pm

Jibberish!
Jargon!
Gobbledygook!

My chart is clearly far more detailed.
Zint Fazer
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Lego ID : rezaFtinZ (But backwards)
Humor : I make funny jokes.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:17 pm

PAH! 

You are deceived my friend! 

(If you know the right come back for this from a certian movie I'll be very impressed) xD Razz
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:39 pm

Thank you, Kayla! I saved the pic I thought was most helpful.  Now when you talk about this or that, I can reference that pic!

Chuck,
  Your pic was INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. Razz LOL!!!

And thanks!  IDK what it's called exactly.  Depth, I think?  I used to know when we studied art in Lit. class. Razz

Both,
  I think I got the depth in there by showing the legs behind the legs in the foreground, and also by the white shine on the breast and the front legs.  That last part was an afterthought, and it ended up really helping it. LOL I created depth without even knowing it!! Razz
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:51 pm

Kayla: I'm glad you found it useful! Smile
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:04 pm

ART POST:

Prepare to have a good laugh. Very Happy  I'm showing pretty much every sketch I've drawn since I started this Portrait Drawing book, including the very first sketch I did.  Shows how I've improved, and that no matter how bad it looks at first, don't dare give up!

NOTE: Before you comment, you'd better know that shading, eyes,  coloring in the hair, and pretty much EVERYTHING but the BASIC SHAPE of a human head have NOT been stressed at this point in my book. That's why every face is pretty generic and everyone looks like they have the early-morning stares. Razz!

And yes, I threw in some comments here and there. Razz

Okay, this one I had SUCH a good laugh at.  I decided I'd laugh and make a joke out of it, instead of cry.  Hence the birth of "Troubled Bob."
Spoiler:

"Strakk Turson" is an inside joke, jsyk. Razz
Spoiler:

I did a 3/4 before this but I erased it and did this one.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Again, Robert Samsung will make no sense to you, because another inside joke. Razz
Spoiler:

(Bob looks Italian here...sorta...)
Spoiler:

Anyway, yeah, that's the Bob Sketches.  Next is the Bobbie sketches. Razz   Comment all you want. 

And gosh, I can't wait until I do my first drawing!!!  Drawing realistic eyes is coming up relatively soon. Can't wait!!!
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:10 pm

DANG GIRLY! Ya can deffs see how much you've emporved!!!! Very Happy Great job!
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:17 pm

Thankee, Kayla! Very Happy

ART POST:

So as I said in my blog, I got to do some sketches that weren't...rigidly basic.  I'll post one of my female faces, and then those other two sketches.  It gets old flipping through tons of sketches of people that look the same way, I know.

After I finish drawing the head shapes of young children and teens, I get to start on serious sketches of eyes. AND EYES ARE MY FAVOURITE, HORRAH! Very Happy

Anyway, Female Face...That is, Bobbie. Razz And yes, she looks...disturbed. Suspect LOL

Spoiler:

NOW for the fun ones. 

This first one was sooo fun to draw, because I think he's totes adorbs. Razz

Smiling Sam:
Spoiler:

Elaine (btw, these names are completely made-up):
Spoiler:
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariklego on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:51 pm

These are awesome (way better than I could do, at any rate Razz).

Only two things are the eyes and lips. The eyes of most of the first ones, and kinda with Bobbie in the second set, are all kinda wide-eyed and... stare-y. Razz I might recommend trying to... I dunno exactly, maybe make them more narrow? I'm not sure how to do that though... Razz
And the lips of some of the people you posted the other day are a little too... like, pronounced or something. Like they shouldn't be so well-outlined and distinguishable or something.

Honestly though, these are awesome. Very Happy
Ariklego
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

Lego ID : ariklego
Humor : The majority of fruit species have comparable aerodynamic properties to the genus Musa when hurled or otherwise propelled through a standard earth-like atmosphere. Buzz buzz.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:58 pm

Very good! the last to are really good!!!

I agree with Arik concerning the mouths. For a three quarter view like that, they look to straight on? Ya know? Maybe look up some stuff on three quarter view mouths? I've gotta section in a book of mine that is one that and I found very helpful if ya want  me to send ya pics that would better explain stuff. but yes, great job on the wrinkles. Bobbie's mouth looks pretty good tho btw Smile Its mostly Elaine's that i notest. Wink 

Very well done though all in all! EM, MANLY MAN OF MAN
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:03 pm

Arik:
  LOL, yeah, they're pretty bad eyes.  That's the way they had me drawing them in the book (except I made it even worse), since we were focusing just on the basic form of the face.  Hence the title "Weird Bob", since he looked...disturbed... Suspect Razz
Yeah, the lips look funny too. LOL  Thanks for pointing that out!  I'm going to be working on lips in a few lessons, so hopefully that will improve!

Kayla:
 If you want to show me that section, I'd love to see it!  If you could PM it, that'd be great. Very Happy
  Thanks for pointing that out about Elaine's mouth.  I see it does need some work! Wink
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:11 pm

ART POST:

Cheater pants here skipped ahead, soooo....

EYES NOW BABEH!! WHOHOOOOOOO!!!!!

I was so glad I could add values to these babies.  And I just HEART EYES TO PIECES period, so these was VERY fun to draw. Very Happy
Comments and criticisms welcome as usual!

Basic young man eye (in the book):

Spoiler:
(I think in #1 the eye itself looked better, but in #2 the brow is better)

Various Eyes:

Spoiler:
(Top left and bottom right are female eyes, and hopefully that was obvious. LOL.  Bottom left and top right are male eyes, middle-aged.  And the center face is a child's eyes.)
And my personal favourite is the bottom left eye, because EMOTION. Razz
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:20 pm

Wow these are really amazing Kayla! Great job!
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mouse Whisperer on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:38 pm

Wow, nice! You're awesome at eyes! Eyes were always what I've had trouble with, but lately I've been having more fun with them. Razz
The Mouse Whisperer
Crazy
Crazy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:20 pm

Thanks both of you girls!

And Mouse!  I REALLY want to see what you've been drawing with eyes and, well, everything!  You've improved sooo much since your first drawing. Very Happy  I always get excited when I see your stuff!
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mouse Whisperer on Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:33 am

Thanks! Very Happy I have some more white on black drawings that I'll post soon!
The Mouse Whisperer
Crazy
Crazy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:10 pm

Mouse:
 Gaahh!  I can't wait! Very Happy

ART POST:

This one was...intense? Razz  And yes, I know one eye is too big, and I'm pretty sure this guy's eyes are way too far apart. But oh well. LOL

Spoiler:

These are various angles on the the eyes.  They're not perfect, but I was quite excited about them, because I've never drawn the eyes from different angles:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And here's a nose for good measure:

Spoiler:

If you don't like it or if you DO like it, please tell me WHY, so I know how to improve/keep doing something right! Very Happy
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:26 pm

The nose was really good!

And as for the eyes, typically there is either (I think this is right) an eyelangth between each eye or a mouth langh. Its one of those xD

But great job!
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KaijuToonamiGuy on Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:10 am

I'm Jealous.  Razz I wish I could draw that great as you. I am really horrible at drawing realistic human figures. All I could draw is cartoon-style character figures.

Of-course I may need to look for a possible reference from somewhere to make my drawings really realistic. Not only with the pose of a human but to get so much details down.

Anyways these are great, Kaylu! Very Happy
KaijuToonamiGuy
Insane & Alive

Lego ID : Shulk1991
Humor : Bazinga!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top