LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Dalu's Stuff and Nonsense

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dalu's Stuff and Nonsense

Post by Dalu on Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Joe:
  I don't have one of those, unfortunately.  Where is it that I should have drawn more straight?
 And thanks!

Mouse,
  Thank you!  Yeah, I have difficulty making things look shiny, too.  GIMP actually made it looked shinier than it does IRL. LOL
  That font is Vivaldi. Very Happy  I typed it out on Word as a reference, and then drew it onto the paper, with a little variations. 

Kayla,
  Thanks! Very Happy  The detail was hard for the handle. afraid

NOTHER ART POST UP SUPER SOON! Very Happy
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Location : In a classroom with other brain-fried med students...
Lego ID : Dalu50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:03 pm

ART POST:
   Okay, I did this last night.  Started out as an experiment with charcoal white pencil on black construction paper.  As you can see, it sort of went off from there. Razz 
   It's got three things in nature which inspire awe from me: trees, mountains, moon, and stars.  That's four things, actually, but anyway. Razz

Sort of Elvish subject matter, so I'm calling it Nimloth at Night  (Nimloth is the name of the White Tree of Numenor, in Middle-earth).
 Anyway, that's the title...I think....Razz  Someone give me a good title suggestion and you could win--something!!! Cheezy Grin

Also, comments and criticism!

Spoiler:

GIMP made the white whiter and the black blacker. Wink
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TaeIsTheLeastAttractive on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:14 pm

Chicken = awesome detail!

Charcoal experiment = very cool effect!

Sword drawing........ is....... amazing....... BECAUSE IT'S A SWORD. AND IT'S AWESOME.

Good job. Razz  Draw more. Razz

I'mma get my pencil out and draw something...
TaeIsTheLeastAttractive
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : not Bone-Appeteet for sure O_O
Humor : I say a lot of funny things, but I can never remember what they are...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:44 pm

Love it! I really like the specks of stars way off in the backround! Very Happy

And the mountains are awesome!!! Very amazing, great job! EM, MANLY MAN OF MAN
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Lego ID : arwin,arwin1,arwin2
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cracken on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:36 pm

Niiiice, nice. Razz

[23:24:10] @ Em : I'd be the man, but I look stellar in an apron.

Queen of Bunnies wrote:Crackers is the center of a twinkie reality. Razz
The Cracken
Teletubby Admin
Teletubby Admin

Lego ID : crackers5
Humor : Anything is possible when you smell like Emjajoas and not a lady. I'm on Elzeep.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mouse Whisperer on Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:10 am

Wow, that looks so cool! Epic! Very Happy I haven't figured out the trick to using charcoal pencils yet. Razz
The Mouse Whisperer
Crazy
Crazy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:48 pm

Bone,
  LOL, thanks!  Yeah, swords are just awesome by themselves.  Unless someone's coming at you with one and you don't happen to have a shield or a sword yourself. Then it's not so awesome. Razz

Kayla,
  Thanks!  Hehe!  Those specks are actually stray chalk particles.  Razz!  They weren't my intention to put there, but since they sort of looked cool, I left them there. Razz!

Josheh,
  Dankee!

Mouse,
  Thank you!  *whispers* Neither have I. Razz  White charcoal is one thing, but black charcoal is HARD and messy.
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:55 pm

ART POST:
  'Nother one! Very Happy Very Happy

Drew this last night, instead of Gimli's axe, which is much more time-consuming...and paper-consuming.
  Anyway, so here's one of those Elven Brooches that the Galadhrim gave the Fellowship. 

Spoiler:

The background of that is...IDK...started with making it look like wood, but then it came out more like...water, I guess.  IDK.  It's just as background I was too lazy to work with, really. LOL

Here's the original, which I'd love to have:

Spoiler:

Comments and criticism, pwease! Very Happy

Moah artwork soon!
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliwhi on Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:56 pm

OOH I LOVE THAT BROOCH. And the tree with the black and white is really cool! Cool 

They're really neat drawings! Very Happy
Elliwhi
Tea Hoarder

Lego ID : Elliwhi1008751
Humor : Don't mind my oxymorons.

View user profile http://universalmln.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:54 pm

Thank you, Ellie! Very Happy
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mouse Whisperer on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:02 pm

That looks amazing! I love darker green on some parts, it makes it look really realistic! What exactly is a brooch for?
The Mouse Whisperer
Crazy
Crazy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Thank you, Mouse!  Well, it has different uses (mostly for women) but in THIS case it's used to pin the two sides of an Elven cloak together, like in the Lothlorien scenes for the Fellowship of the Ring. Very Happy
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:15 pm

ART POST: 
   Okay, another Bilbo sketch.  I TOLD you I'd be working on him. Razz  So here's the first one I drew, then after that the new one, to show improvement.
   Special thanks goes to Huskeygril (StarofBethlehem) for drawing a picture of Bilbo for me (the link I can provide) to give me an example of making his lips and hair more realistic. Very Happy

Old:
Spoiler:

New:
Spoiler:

For those who are interested in what pencil types I used, they show up better in this original picture:
Spoiler:

I used 6B, 2B, and B.  6B you can see in all the darker shaking around his face, hair, nose, cravat, etc.  2B was on the eyes, and B was used everywhere else. Wink

ANYWAY, I think this one turned out better (my first one looked too much like...Pippin Razz), but I NEEDEH FEEDEH BACKEH!!! Razz Very Happy Very Happy  
   Seriously, please help me get better at drawing him by pointing out things wrong for me. Wink
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:03 pm

That brooch is awesome!

Wow! Great job on Bilbo!!!! Like, so amazing!!!!
Feedback on it: On his collar, maybe try making it a little more like its wrapping around him? Like, bring it up off his shoulder a little? Instead of leaving it resting on the his shoulder that is. Idk. Maybe?
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cracken on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:08 pm

Seriously, this is super-impressive, nice. Razz

[23:24:10] @ Em : I'd be the man, but I look stellar in an apron.

Queen of Bunnies wrote:Crackers is the center of a twinkie reality. Razz
The Cracken
Teletubby Admin
Teletubby Admin

Lego ID : crackers5
Humor : Anything is possible when you smell like Emjajoas and not a lady. I'm on Elzeep.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TaeIsTheLeastAttractive on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Spoiler:

That's not bad!

hmmm... you're forcing me to be more and more nitpicky as these get better. Razz

First, this is great! You've improved drawing Bilbo vastly. It's obvious that you've definitely learned something from drawing the last one just comparing the pics above.

I love how you captured his expression- I can't believe how well the mouth turned out, because mouths are so hard! His nose, facial proportions/structure, and hair are all better than the original.

Also, I like how you drew his outfit. Couldn't not not not mention that. Razz

Now let me find something wrong with it. Razz

Ok, left eye (the eye on the right) is a little off. I think the tear duct should be a little lower, and the shape of the eye needs to be adjusted. Right now, it's practically symmetrical like a football. Usually, the "corner" looks more like an italicized L rather than a greater than sign <. But I know you know that since you've drawn eyes like that before. Razz  It might have just been what references you were using; it's possible that it looked like that.

His chin does look a little wide.. I'd push the edges that are near to the tip in a bit. The very tip also is indented upward; you can kind of see that shape from some perspectives, but when you can, you can usually see the bottom of his chin (the underside? Razz ), which is shadowed.

His eyebrows seem fuller in the movie than you drew them. To be honest, the shape reminds me of female eyebrows. Razz  However, in some pictures it did look like they faded toward the end. I would suggest making them more even bars instead of commas and, depending on the reference, shading them in more lightly toward the ends.

LASTLY, (yes I'm practically done nitpicking at your drawing) his haircut is too perfect -specifically, his bangs. They look cropped. In a lot of pictures, tighter groups of hair wave in that direction. BUT in some pictures, they almost look like how you've drawn them; they just continue waving horizontally (from our perspective, right). Basically, I'd just extend them to the right.

Check the first gif I posted. You can see how it waves right.

Again, amazing job!

And, as usual, your handwriting is awesome.

I feel bad picking it apart when I couldn't do half as well, but I am actually trying to help. Razz  So hopefully this helps! Wink
TaeIsTheLeastAttractive
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : not Bone-Appeteet for sure O_O
Humor : I say a lot of funny things, but I can never remember what they are...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mouse Whisperer on Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:17 pm

Wow that is so epic!!

The only thing I notice is his nose/mouth.... The bottom of his nose seems too flat... And his mouth is a bit crooked compared to where his nose is.

Like everyone else said, that's amazing!! Great job! Very Happy
The Mouse Whisperer
Crazy
Crazy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:21 pm

Kayla,
  Thanks!  And thanks for the feedback: I did need to make it look more like it went all the way around him.  I'll remember that next time. Wink

Josheh,
  Thankee, Cheez-it!

Mouse,
   Oh, gah! Thanks for pointing that out!  It IS crooked. *face palm* Razz!

Bone,
  Wow, this is a nice, comprehensive view on the sketch.  I appreciate it, because it gives me more things to watch out for when I draw my next sketch of him. Very Happy

Let me answer you on each point:

As far as the tear duct, yes, I see that the whole eye was a bit generic-looking.  The pic I drew it from(posted below) made the tear duct look more the < way, but I should have made it a little more L-shaped to compensate that.
Spoiler:

As far as his chin, I definitely see I should have made it more pointed and brought out more of the underside of it. Wink

In the film, I believe his brows are a bit thin, but they aren't, of course, very lady-like, which is how I made his right one look. Razz  In the pic, you can see that his right brow is BARELY even there (sunlight effect), and I SHOULD have gone and looked at others pics of him before I filled in a fake brow. Razz

As far as his bangs go, here's a pic of them neatly to the side:
Spoiler:
As the film progresses and his bangs get wet and greasy, they begin to bunch up as you described.  So yeah, I needed to compensate for that, and perhaps make his hair less neat, too. (The pic I drew it from has his hair all OVER hte place, which was an effect I didn't want, so I ignored it--to a fault. Razz)

Again, thanks for pointing that stuff out; I need other sets of eyes to catch details I miss.
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:21 pm

ART POST:
  Sorta forgot about this one. Razz LOL

Okay, so mah favourite book character of all time is NOT Bilbo.

*loud gasps*

Razz

It's this fellow:

Spoiler:

GIMP used to darken again. One day I'll get a scanner and not need GIMP. Razz   ANYWAY, he doesn't look much like the FILM character, so just imagine him being a sketch of the Tolkien's book version, which he could readily fit. Razz

Lots of compliments wanted, too. Which  means if you don't have something nice to say, go away. Evil or Very Mad

I hope you know the above sentence was a JOKE. Razz!!!

Criticism wanted! Very Happy
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mouse Whisperer on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:24 am

Wow, I love the background! And his clothes are amazing!! Very Happy  Especially where it hangs down, it looks so real!
The Mouse Whisperer
Crazy
Crazy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:04 pm

Thank you, Mouse!  Funny, I was this close to tossing that picture when I first started it.  Then I set it aside and gave it a break and came back to it later that night. Razz
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:07 pm

ART POST:
*comes in and dusts the place* OBVIOUSLY, SOMEONE around hear hasn't been a very good janitor! Razz

Anyway, well, I was experimenting with clouds awhile ago and came up with this.  Still not satisfied, but I'll get there. Razz  You can't see it very well, but I used my white pencil to rub in the pencil and make it look more hazy in certain spots.

Suggestions welcome, as always! 

Clouded Peaks:

Next art post: A horse  Very Happy
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariklego on Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:18 pm

Wow. I really like the cloud-y effects. Though could I get some description on the rest? Aside from the peaks, I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at. Razz (My best guess would be a road with some suuuuper-tiny river running down the middle and some large pointy rock things on the sides Razz)
Ariklego
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

Lego ID : ariklego
Humor : The majority of fruit species have comparable aerodynamic properties to the genus Musa when hurled or otherwise propelled through a standard earth-like atmosphere. Buzz buzz.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:16 pm

Very nice! Love the mountains in there too, and is that a person or a cross in the middle of the mountains?
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:40 pm

ROFL!!

LOL, I had a feeling people would wonder about the middle of the pic.  The truth is, I didn't really know what it was.  I guess a river winding away to the pass between the mountains... Obviously, that darkness on the sides doesn't make it look like a river.  I was trying out reflection on that, and it flopped; but by that point I didn't care. LOL
  The extra shading "stripes" on the sides of the river was me trying out perspective (and failing). 
  I guess that whole middle area was one big experiment.  Sorry I should have made that more clear, but I forgot to mention it. Razz  But thanks both of you for pointing that out! Very Happy Very Happy
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top