LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Dalu's Stuff and Nonsense

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dalu's Stuff and Nonsense

Post by Tater on Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:24 pm

OH MY GOODNESS KAYLA!
Those are amazing!!!! I love the last two!! And the one of Barad-dur!!
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Lego ID : arwin,arwin1,arwin2
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:13 pm

Ellie,
  YEAH! Very Happy

Joey,
  Oh, my not mirrors.  That would drive me INSANE. LOL  I look at a photograph of someone on the computer (where I can zoom in on certain facial features) and draw from that.  I couldn't do a mirror: I'd be changing positions all the time and throwing my drawing off. Razz LOL

Kayla,
  Thanks! Wait, which one of Barad-Dur? The first page or page 5? Razz  Page five is that tower Frodo was held captive in.  Shame on me, I forget the title...The Tower of the Teeth, or something?? Razz

ART POST:
  Here's the portraits.  Mainly people and then one goat. LOL

Melian:

Balin (GIMP cartoon darkening for lines):

Bofur (GIMP cartoon effect to make the lines darker):

Saruman:

Oh, yes, and might as well throw in this:

Moria Gate (from Tolkien's sketch in Fellowship of the Ring):

Okay, pretty much anything you see after this I've never posted on this site. Razz
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Location : Down that dirt road you always drive by, one mile out, second house on the left.
Lego ID : Dalu50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:16 pm

Saruman looks like a friendly old wizard/teacher in that picture. Razz You drew him to happy. Razz

Tricksy little traitorses, trying to make HIM look like a frrrriiieeend. We hates them! Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Lego ID : Alien_Ant2
Humor : A storm trooper and a redshirt got into a fight. The stormtrooper missed, but the redshirt died anyways.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamTae on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:40 pm

HE'S TRYING TO TRICK YOU ANT DONT LET IT WORK. Razz 

-Ah good, its okay Razz 

Anyways, really nice art work Galley Smile
TeamTae
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:50 pm

Kayla: yaeh on page 5 Wink ohhhh I thought it was something else Facepalm 

on this art post I love the last one!!!
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

Location : A secret location that is of the upmost classified and not to be spoken of... EVER. O_O . Or you can be sure you might just get stabbed with a sharp pointy pencil ^_^ . You've been warned.
Humor : "Buy the paperback. E-books lack character." ~Shogo Makishima, Psycho-Pass~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:06 pm

Anty,
  You must have missed the blogpost I did on that Saruman sketch, pal. Razz  I drew it based off a pic from The Hobbit: UJ--so he looks more benevolent that most of us are used to seeing him as.
  Of course, though, I'm also a Traitor and therefore love drawing fellow traitors. Twisted Evil

Fuego and Kayla,
  Thank you both! Wink

Kayla, well, it wasn't your fault: it's a pretty nondescript looking tower--so nondescript I forget exactly what it was supposed to be myself. Razz
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Location : Down that dirt road you always drive by, one mile out, second house on the left.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaMailman on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:04 am

Very good job! I like the one of Melian best. Very Happy I've been trying to convince my mom we need a goat. Razz
NinjaMailman
Elzeep Psychologist

Humor : *Awkward silence*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alien_Ant2 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:36 pm

@adlu: I saw that post I just forgot what your reasoning was. Razz
Of course, I knew that the real reason had to be the latter one. Razz
Alien_Ant2
Muffin Keeper
Muffin Keeper

Lego ID : Alien_Ant2
Humor : A storm trooper and a redshirt got into a fight. The stormtrooper missed, but the redshirt died anyways.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Who on Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:21 pm

I like Saruman's eyes. Razz

The TARDIS  
Doctor Who
TOATUBBY
TOATUBBY

Lego ID : Takanuva101411
Humor : I tried to catch some fog. I mist.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KaijuToonamiGuy on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:21 am

Really nice Tolkien Universe drawings, Kayla!!! Very Happy Did you, by any chance, check out my Hatsune Miku pencil-lined drawing?
KaijuToonamiGuy
Insane & Alive

Lego ID : Shulk1991
Humor : Bazinga!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:22 pm

Neenja,
   I've got plenty of adorable goat pics to convince her with. Razz

Anty,
  You know me too well--or think you do.  But I'm a traitor...you can't trust anything you think you know about me...
*shrill laughter*

Tak,
  Danke! Very Happy

Joey,
  LOL, I saw the pic some time ago and forgot to comment! Razz

ART POST:
   I had this pic stuck in my files awhile and kept putting off/forgetting to post it. Razz

That fellow sat there pretty lonely for LITERAL MONTHS.  It was just him and I never could figure what he'd be looking at.  One of those unfinished drawings that gets under your skin because you know you should finish it. Razz
  Anyway, I finally got around to it awhile ago. The Watchman and the scenery were based LARGELY off of Alan Lee stuff I've seen--mostly LOTR Extended Edition boxes and the back of Tales from the Perilous Realm (I  never can create anything in my own head). 
  The different-ish sun "burst" was an experimental thing, a mixture of my own usual style and some of Lee.  Scare thought it was weird. Razz You'll all have to tell me what you think.

COMMENTS COMMENTS CRITICISMS PWETTY PWEASE! Razz

Anyway, the title and scene was based off these verses:

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I hope;
my soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen for the morning,
more than watchmen for the morning.

(Psalm 130:5-6 ESV)

Spoiler:
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:19 pm

THOSE MOUNTAINS!!! love those, and the sunburst too! Love the path way too Smile 

I don't really have any constuctive critizem Razz
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cracken on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:46 pm

Just came here to say your new avvie made me laugh out loud. Razz

[23:24:10] @ Em : I'd be the man, but I look stellar in an apron.

Queen of Bunnies wrote:Crackers is the center of a twinkie reality. Razz
The Cracken
Teletubby Admin
Teletubby Admin

Lego ID : crackers5
Humor : Anything is possible when you smell like Emjajoas and not a lady. I'm on Elzeep.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:55 pm

Kayla,
  Thanks! Very Happy  Mountains credit of Alan Lee studying. Razz

Joshy,
   LOL, Ant posted that one and my current one. Razz

ART POST:
  So this was inspired by a desktop background, mainly, though I drew a distance different than in the picture.  And of course, it was also inspired by Bilbo's walking song, as the title suggests. Very Happy

Roads Go Ever On Original:

Roads Go Ever On--GIMP edit:

Criticism needed! Very Happy

Last edited by Dalu on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaMailman on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:02 pm

Is this considered a blog? Suspect Sneaky way of running two blogs. Razz 

The only criticism I can think of is the fact that the shadows don't all line up together in the same direction.
NinjaMailman
Elzeep Psychologist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:04 pm

Oops. Wrote BLOG without thinking. Razz

That off-shadow was...IDK a puddle or something. I didn't know what it was. Razz  But it looks like a shadow that's not been filled in, so I'm glad you pointed that out. I really just need to erase it. Razz   Thanks for the critique! Very Happy
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaMailman on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:15 pm

No, no, I meant his shadow compared to the trees' shadows. It's not a big deal, and it may be my eyes and not off at all.
NinjaMailman
Elzeep Psychologist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:27 pm

Wait a second, whose shadow compared to the tree's?? Suspect
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bone-Appeteet on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:27 pm

Ok, Psalm 130:6 drawing is epic. You pulled off the scene really well - how we see him close up looking out onto the vast valleys and mountains. Everything has the right amount of detail. Speaking of details, his ancient-day-hoodie is awesome. Razz

Don't really....have any criticisms. Razz  I guess one thing would be that there's no shadow on the cape from the fold of the hood, but that could be explained, and even at that, that's like, a tiny thing. Razz  I'm trying to find more things to give helpful feedback on, but I can't, so, good job! Razz

Roads Go Ever On:

I can tell when they're your trees from a mile away. xD
Love the scene... =)

Only thing I see to give helpful criticism on is the grass. It was looking good, gradually fading into the background, but then it abruptly stops as if the lawn was cut to a certain point. The up close grass looks great, and the distant grass looks great. If you just continue shortening the grass like it looked like you were doing, I think it'd look a lot better. It's a bit picky, and something easier said then done to make it actually look right, but at least I found something to talk about. Razz
Bone-Appeteet
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : not Bone-Appeteet for sure O_O
Humor : I say a lot of funny things, but I can never remember what they are...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:49 pm

Bone,
  Why, you're right! I didn't even think of putting a shadow for the fold of his hood.  I suppose there would be one of some kind.  I'll remember that next time. Smile

Eh, yeah, the grass.  I cut it off like that on purpose, and, you know, I've forgot just WHY I did.  I think it had something to do with the sun, the distance, or the fact that it looked weird when I tried it all grassy.  Now that I look at it, I don't see why fading grass would look weird.  Or wait, I think maybe it took away from the path, or something? IDK! Razz  But thanks for pointing that out: it does look rather off.

And thanks for taking time to look for things to improve.  I appreciate that. Very Happy

*goes and plots a way to steal all your Dr Pepper* Twisted Evil  Razz
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:49 pm

ART POST:

Okay, I finished this a couple nights ago.  It's based of the Battle of the Five Armies poster.  Alas, but his face doesn't look ANYTHING like Bilbo's but, try as I did over and over, I couldn't make it look like him.  So I contented myself with a face of a random person I'll name Pat McClearski. Razz
   I kept the sketch mainly because this was my first half-way successful drawing of a person's full body that didn't look very cartoon-ish.
   His foot looks strange, his left arm is too small, I grant you. Razz
  Also, Bilbo's coat in the film was obviously too big for him, so his head looks smaller than it should be in the sketch.  HOWEVER, I messed up on the arms and such, so it's not just the bigness of the coat.
   And now that I've finished telling you everything that's the most wrong with it, here it is! Razz LOL!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Suggestions and criticisms welcome, if you see something I failed to note above. Very Happy
Dalu
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater on Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:11 pm

It looks really good! And I think his face looks more like the old Bilbo maybe?

Though, on his foot, maybe try defining where his ankle is bent? Same with the elbow on the arm holding sting.

Smile
Tater
Over 9000
Over 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bone-Appeteet on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:11 pm

Ok, I jumped right into the spoilers before reading any of what you said, and my first thought was, "Wow..."

That is seriously an impressive drawing. Razz  The details are awesome... I can't think of any way to tell you how nicely I think you captured the scene. Razz

The perspective is cool. My favorite parts are the sword (cause I mean, that's an awesome sword), the open coat (fantastic job drawing that part!), and the perspective of his face.

After reading your post, I see how it doesn't quite look like the younger Bilbo. However, he looks a lot like the older one, imo! Idk if you'll think that's a good thing or not, but I thought it was cool. Razz

His left arm actually looks perfectly fine to me. His right arm seems a little off. Maybe it's just his shoulder; it seems a little stretched out. But overall it looks great.

Have to mention the cracks in the stone are also awesome. Razz
Bone-Appeteet
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : not Bone-Appeteet for sure O_O
Humor : I say a lot of funny things, but I can never remember what they are...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cracken on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:22 pm

That is legit. Razz The face especially has so much detail, looks amazing!

[23:24:10] @ Em : I'd be the man, but I look stellar in an apron.

Queen of Bunnies wrote:Crackers is the center of a twinkie reality. Razz
The Cracken
Teletubby Admin
Teletubby Admin

Lego ID : crackers5
Humor : Anything is possible when you smell like Emjajoas and not a lady. I'm on Elzeep.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamTae on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:17 pm

Looks really good to me! I would suggest working on the right arm(to our perspective) and right leg; defining the ankle some more and woking on the pant leg. I also would work on the definition of the coat, along with making sure you bring out the dark values (Dont be a afraid to go darker where its super dark! Razz ) That would help in defining where the right leg is protruding from, so it doesnt look like the leg its kinda hovering there; the darker values would help to show where the leg is coming from in relation to the body. 

The drawing is super good though Galley! Great job! Very Happy
TeamTae
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top