LegoZone Power
Welcome to the island of Elzeep, a LEGO fan forum created by Pikmin0207! Please login or register to post messages. Nardeeps laugh

CHEEEEEEEEEEESE! Cheezy Grin

Airsoft

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Airsoft

Post by Admiral Kojan on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:20 pm

I'm going to be going with my cousin to play airsoft once a week for the next month, so I need some gun recommendations. I'm thinking something like an M60 (airsoft version), E90 (From Echo 1), or CG16 (An M16, but airsoft model). I'd prefer a full metal gun, since plastic weapons tend to be lower in quality. I rented what I think was an M4 Carbine when I played last week, but I actually want to own my own gun (rentals are EXPENSIVE) and any recommendations would be great!
Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : AndrewJC248 | Kojan Riktan
Humor : The Deviants may have their PsiTech, true, but we have Novalith cannons.

View user profile http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Airsoft

Post by green on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:40 pm

My brother got an L-96 sniper rifle airsoft for his bday.

green
Slightly Weird
Slightly Weird

Lego ID : thats personal info no

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Who is like Jehovah? on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:19 am

http://www.airsoftgi.com/

That place has a WIDE selection of weapons to choose from. While I've never purchased from them, I have some friends who have, and the weapons they've bought are fantastic on the battlefield.
I will warn you, most of these guns are going to be pretty expensive, in the $100+ range, but don't let that drive you off.
Trust me, while a cheap $50 gun will look nice to your wallet, it won't be that great on the battlefield. Not saying it'll break, or that it's a piece of trash, but if you go up against someone with pro equipment, they'll waste you, especially from range.

My recommendation would be to get an AEG around the $150 range. You don't really need to buy one higher than that to get a great gun. Also, whether a gun is full metal or not isn't a huge deal unless you think you'll be dropping your gun a lot. Mostly what you need to look for is whether or not it has a metal gearbox and mechanisms. Those are what will take the most wear-and-tear over time. Everything else can be plastic and the gun will still be great (not to mention it will reduce battle-fatigue due to less weight), just make sure you get a metal gearbox. Oh, and the type of gun really doesn't matter that much. In terms of accuracy and power, since most all of those guns use the same type of bb anyway, it won't really make much difference, aside from aesthetic purposes.

Finally, make sure you read up on any product you look at before purchasing.

Good luck on the battlefield!
Who is like Jehovah?
Phase 2 Assimilation
Phase 2 Assimilation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Kojan on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Micah: Thanks for the site link! That's EXACTLY what I've been looking for. However, I'm thinking of getting an M60, building some sci-fi looking body armor (Possibly getting some thin sheet metal to cover the cardboard), and then just tanking the battlefield. Razz
Admiral Kojan
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Lego ID : AndrewJC248 | Kojan Riktan
Humor : The Deviants may have their PsiTech, true, but we have Novalith cannons.

View user profile http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew1200 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:05 pm

I just use the 20 Crosman guns. Razz Yet I still annihilate. Razz

Drew1200
Phase 1 Assimilation
Phase 1 Assimilation

Lego ID : Drew1200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reina on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Crosman kinda sucks.... xD

My brother got a brand new Assault Rifle. G680, or something like that. Hyper

I SHALL USE IT MORE THEN HE DOES!
Reina
Dictator of Kittehz

Lego ID : no
Humor : Mosquito status confirmed.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew1200 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:21 am

It shoots hard, it's made tough, it shoots far, it doesn't jam, it's cheap. Razz I don't really care about anything else as long as it does that. Razz

Drew1200
Phase 1 Assimilation
Phase 1 Assimilation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reina on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:53 am

Meh. Razz

I only have a pistol from Airsplat, so yea, I steal my brothers better stuff, and shoot that. Razz
Reina
Dictator of Kittehz

Lego ID : no
Humor : Mosquito status confirmed.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew1200 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:37 am

Reina wrote:Meh. Razz

I only have a pistol from Airsplat, so yea, I steal my brothers better stuff, and shoot that. Razz

That's what I did for awhile. Razz ....actually... the same exact thing. Razz (except it was my friend, not brother)

Drew1200
Phase 1 Assimilation
Phase 1 Assimilation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Labby on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:48 pm

I got a really nice metal P30 Heckler&Koch airsoft pistol for only $30! Ant it has lasted me for quite some time. Its not my main weapon but it works great as a back up weapon. You have to cock it each time before firing but it still is really nice.
Labby
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Location : Lurking deep in the archives of LZP and finding where Tak hid his tea kettle.
Lego ID : Brick-rat2
Humor : Hobby #3 Going through the staff's desks after they leave. :twisted:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyred on Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:09 pm

Take it from the guy that was the captain of a ace airsoft team. Go to airsoftmegastore, it has a great selection with great prices. Do not under any circumstances buy anything from a real store. Always shop for airsoft online, and make sure to read reviews on weapons before you buy them. Personally I prefer the CYMA and JG brands. And the best pellet brand is Goldenball.

Elgo the Conqueror wrote:I have an army.

Johnnyred wrote:We have an Arnold.

[00:25:16] @ Em : Alright. Let's change my profile pic to be manlier~~~
Johnnyred
Fan-of-All-Sorts-of-Stuff-That-You've-Never-Heard-of-Guy
Fan-of-All-Sorts-of-Stuff-That-You've-Never-Heard-of-Guy

Lego ID : Johnnyred
Humor : Star Trek + Space Battleship Yamato/Dr. Who = 42

View user profile http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Johnnyred

Back to top Go down

Post by Korchi on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:45 pm

This is an old topic but heres some advice for anyone looking to buy...

This is the gun I've been using for the past year. It's licensed by Magpul and is pretty much outstanding in performance. It's extremely sturdy and the high polymer body along with may metal parts makes for a pretty good gun. The only thing is the price on this one. It's extremely expensive but definately lives up to the price. I would only buy this if you're gonna play the game more than a year since it's price is very high.
http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/Magpul_PTS_Full_Metal_Masada_ACR_Airsoft_Gun_AEG_p/spi-magpul-mpts603de.htm

If your not looking to play in the long term or just want something cheaper, I would go for a JG brand. Specifically a G36 model or an M4A1 model. They usually go for about $150 and perform well for their price. Oh and like Captain Johnnyred said, shop online only. Sports shops sell cheap ones. Oh and using specialty pellets help improve performance(goldenball, kingarms, etc...)
Hope this helped.
Korchi
Phase 1 Assimilation
Phase 1 Assimilation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Labby on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:00 am

I like airsoft mega store alot. I havent bought anything from them yet but I still like their website. I also go to hobbytron.com and to airsplat. Haobbytron has good guns but some are cheap.
Labby
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

Location : Lurking deep in the archives of LZP and finding where Tak hid his tea kettle.
Lego ID : Brick-rat2
Humor : Hobby #3 Going through the staff's desks after they leave. :twisted:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Legotrain587 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:01 pm

I have a strong dislike for Megastore...
Legotrain587
Set Reviewer

Lego ID : Legotrain587
Humor : In my business you prepare for the unexpected. Like giant, exploding bunny rabbits.

View user profile http://mln.lego.com/en-us/PublicView/Legotrain587.aspx

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum